What Visa Would I Be Eligible For?

Hi everybody, I would like a little information regarding what visa I would be eligible for and which is best suited for my purpose!

Well I am a 40 year old British Citizen and I'm looking to come to Thailand with the intention to travel a little, one of my main reasons for visiting is to spend time with a close friend and his family . I would like to visit neighbouring countries so ideally looking for a visa that would allow me multi entry; I'm looking to be able to stay possibly 90 days, who knows maybe more!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Rusty

If you're going to be skipping in and out of Thailand, and it's only for a few months, I wouldn't even bother with a VISA at all. Just stick with the VISA exempt stamps, and if possible, enter Thailand by air each time. That gives you 30 days each entry, whereas coming in by land will only give you 15 days.

If you decide to settle down in Thailand for 2+ months, then while out country hopping, just stop at a Thai embassy somewhere along the way, and apply for a double entry tourist VISA.

Edited by cdnmatt

The only other option I can think of would be a bit expensive and maybe not suit your schedule.

Arrive with a Tourist Visa. This would give 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days. (1,900 Baht).

The minute you leave the country your stay will Finish unless you get a Re Entry Permit from Immigration.

This does not add any time but keeps your permission to stay alive.

Example. Arrive on 10th May and get 60 days. Enter Cambodia on 15th May and stay for 3 days. When you return you will be stamped in for around 50 days.

Re Entry Permit fees.

Single 1,000 Baht.

Multi 3,800 Baht.

The only other option I can think of would be a bit expensive and maybe not suit your schedule.

Arrive with a Tourist Visa. This would give 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days. (1,900 Baht).

The minute you leave the country your stay will Finish unless you get a Re Entry Permit from Immigration.

This does not add any time but keeps your permission to stay alive.

Example. Arrive on 10th May and get 60 days. Enter Cambodia on 15th May and stay for 3 days. When you return you will be stamped in for around 50 days.

Re Entry Permit fees.

Single 1,000 Baht.

Multi 3,800 Baht.

Thanks to all those who have posted and been quite helpful, so I guess there's no chance of me being able to apply for a Non imm O visa on tthe basis of visiting and staying with my friend and his family!

Thanks to all those who have posted and been quite helpful, so I guess there's no chance of me being able to apply for a Non imm O visa on tthe basis of visiting and staying with my friend and his family!

Not any more.

Last year would have been no problem.

New Rules from Hull.

Category “O”

Married to a Thai national

Evidence required: Copy of marriage certificate (in English).

or

Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required: Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship plus letter from relative confirming

they are in Thailand together with copy of valid entry visa in their passport or copy of valid work

permit.

or

Volunteer work

Evidence required: Suitable letter from recognised charity.

or

Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing receipt of pension.

or

Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required: Copy of bank statement showing income of minimum £900.00 per month.