Vietnam Visa On Arrival - What Currency To Pay?

Neole

I have received the visa approval email which I am supposed to printout and show in the vietnam airport to get my visa.

What currency would be required there for the visa fees, and would there be an atm to withdraw the currency? I only have thai baht with me at the moment.

take dollars to pay for the visa...and no atms available until you get to the arrivals area past customs in Hanoi...

Yes US$ and the same for HCM airport no ATMS (which would in any case dispense dong).

At HCM airport, the VOA counter is to the left as you enter the immigration area, takes around 10mins (depending on the crowds) - it helps pays to exit your aircraft first and make sure you have the attached form completed with a pic as saves time.

The OP will also need to show the invite letter to the airline check-in staff in Bangkok.

They prefer US$ but I did witness a chap at Saigon managing with difficulty to pay with Euro's but probably they raped him on the exchange rate. They won't want baht at all. You can change some of your baht to bucks before you leave Bangkok no? The amount of bucks needed depends on the type of visa requested; usually $25 for a single entry and $50 for a multi-entry.

Edited by NanLaew

It is dollars, 25 if i remember correctly, as people have said get them before you go, Also spend any local currency before you come back as you can not change it back to Baht here.

I didnt know that. Why won't Thai banks exchange VND? As of Feb, 2010 the forms you receive, and must print to take with you, quote $20 visa fee. Upon arrival, they charged me $25, so I confirm what you wrote, and they don't make change. Have exact amount on you. If you have not been to Vn before, we found that the private currency exchangers gave a better rate than the Vn banks. I also exchanged both USD and Thai Baht in Ho Chi Mihn City with no hassle. It was a great vacation, during TET

I'm merely repeating others posters here, but yes, it's USD, and only USD.

You pay and get your VOA before you get your luggage, and there is nowhere that I know to get USD when you first arrive at the airport.

One person in front of me flew all the way in from Moscow, and only had Russian Rubles.

The visa folks at the airport, told him to get US Dollars, and wouldn't process his VOA.

I assume he found someone off to the side, and bought dollars, and probably not at a very good price.

• 4 weeks later...

:w00t: USD out of a Thai atm?!?!?! I didnt know that.

ATMs at Suvarnabhumi that dispense US dollars and Euros.

You will see them after you pass through immigration and are making your way to the departure gates.

They are Siam Commercial Bank ATMs next to SCB exchange booths and accept SCB and foreign debit/ATM cards only.

The rate is the same as the over the counter rate at the airport. You have a choice of USD (50,100,150,200,250,300,400,500) or Euros (50,100,150,200,250,300,350).

The limit is $500 per card and $2000 per customer per day.

• 3 months later...

The stamping fee Vietnam visa: This fee is charged by The Vietnamese Immigration Department in order to pay directly to Vietnamese Government's Treasury.

Visa on arrival: You will pay this stamping fee at the Vietnam airport to get your passport stamped. Your approval letter will be the legal evidence to show the airport Officer that you are allowed to legally enter Vietnam by the Vietnam Immigration Department.

Visa code: You will pay this fee directly at the Vietnam Embassy in your country to get your passport stamped. This fee will be different from country to country.

Kinds of visa on arrival Stamping fee/pax (USD) 1 month single $25 1 month multiple $50 3 months single $25 3 months multiple $50 6 months single Contact Us 6 months multiple Contact Us

Contact Us:

Hotline: (+84)974.137.281

E-mail: [email protected]

Edited by vietnamvisa