Thaksin Ready To Return And 'Serve The People'

Lite Beer

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

serve a few decades in prison.... ???????..............

no no....

i i i i i i i i

i don't i not care

you know... know...know

you know... no non nononono

no nono no no no yes yes yes no no no yes yes yes no no no....

Edited by dunkin2012

The difference is that there is a movement and political party trying to whitewash the crimes of one of them, and a lot of posters supporting that.

If Barnham or Newin were trying to become PM, there would be a lot of posts against that happening too.

Where is Thaksin trying to become PM?

Both Newin's and Banharn's parties have done similar things to varying degrees, being just a vehicle for those people to enrich themselves.

I don't believe Thaksin is any different, he's just flavour of the month because he's a bit more clever than Newin and Banharn and has public support due to his populist policies.

It shouldn't be surprising to see Thaksin return and be exonerated due to the circumstances under which he was removed and subsequently vilified, tried and convicted.

He is aiming much higher.

Exoneration? Yes, that is the number one campaign slogan from the reds.

No, he is looking for exorcism under the condition he is the exorcist.

The Junta forced Temasek to divest it's holding in Shin Corp after the coup.

Do you have any further details of this divestment ? I do recall the share-price of Shin Corp falling, Temasek must have swallowed quite a loss at the time, but don't recall their selling-out ?

The nationalist and protectionist policies of the Junta at this time caused the Stock Exchange to drop substantially and caused panic in the foreign business community.

And this was all totally-unrelated to the global economic crisis, brewing at about the same time, right ... ? B)

Looking at the yearly/monthly reports here ... http://www.set.or.th/en/market/market_statistics.html .... doesn't show the claims made by our pro-Thaksin friend :)

Where is Thaksin trying to become PM?

Does it matter if he is Prime Minister or just the Puppet Master of Parliament?

Do you deny that PTP is the personal tool of Thaksin? They didn't even get to vote for their own leader!

No response? Or is this question a bit uncomfortable to answer?

Divistiture

–noun

1. the act of divesting.

2. the state of being divested.

3. something, as property or investments,

that has been divested:

to reexamine the company's acquisitions anddivestitures

4. Also, di·ves·ture [dih-ves-cher, -choothinsp.pngr, dahy-] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA

the sale of business holdings or part of a company,especially under legal

compulsion.

Also, divestment.

Origin: 1595–1605;

divest (daɪˈvɛst)vb

1. to strip (of clothes): to divest oneself of one's coat

2. to deprive or dispossess

3.property law to take away an estate or interest in propertyvested (in a person)

[C17: changed from earlier devest ]

di'vestible

adj divestiture

n divesture

n di'vestment

Edited by animatic

Appreciate your acknowledging your error.

No problem. The important fact to remember is that Newin Chidchob is still a convicted criminal and a banned politician involved heavily with the current government and de-facto leader of a party in the current governing coalition.

Convicted of WHAT?

He was banned with other TRT execs for what some did, but not all. But he was not 'convicted' of that.

Edited by animatic

I've stopped commenting on (or generally even reading) political threads, but after having read this and several others today, I notice the red-shirts on TV are still using the same tried and tested (tired and should be rested) old methods of spin, rhetoric, unsubstantiated claims and personal attack.

Good to see some things don't change.laugh.gif

EDIT: Oh and good old fashioned lies of course.

Edited by Slip

For those that lived through the 1997 economic disaster and that has been in business . . . We know the miracles Thaksin did.

It is a fact of history; go look at the Asian economic disater after the financial colapse in 1997.

Remember the thousandfs of semi-completed construction sites, the baht gone to 47 agains the USD, unemployment, bankrupsies et all.

To this day the neigbouring countries in ASEAN are still suffering.

Only Thailand got out of it, in the last year of Thaksin - Thailand even repaid all debts to the World Bank; clearing out the help they got.

A large number of devellopment sin Thailand got underway during his reign.

I know to a great extend Thaksin was not very Pro-Farang; but he really did a LOT of good for this country.

Imagine Thailand still be in the financial oposition like Indonesia, Laos and Cambodia.

THAT took a businessman to get thailand back on its feet.

I remain out of politics, not interested in it here or home BUT all respect and honour due to those who desrves it.

I am amazed at the people, including foreigners - failing to realize what S. Thaksin did for this country and its people; including foregn businesses.

well, in fact many farang support thaksin, here , the most of the anti-thaksin comemts come from the thais who work for the gov. or for those who make this kind of report that obviouslly is 100%anti-thaksin, i am not interested in politics,but in the place in which i live most of the people suport him, in deed the streeds'wall are full of "คิดถึงทักษีณ"="we miss thaksin",and the most of the people here know how many good things he has done for his country,the only problem is that the mayority of the thai people who post in this forum belongs to the high class with money and who are able to speak english,but in the university the i hear,evereday, thai students talking about thaksin and remembering those past years in which food wasnt so expensive as now and the echonomy was more much better;)

but i repeat, i am not interest in politics, i prefer my simple life,and good iced leo beer;)

Convicted of WHAT?

He was banned with other TRT execs for what some did, but not all. But he was not 'convicted' of that.

This is a key problem with Thailand. If you hold up a 7-11 at gunpoint you do jail time, but if you engage in electoral fraud and try to subvert the democratic system for your own benefit and subjugate 60 million people to your will, what is the penalty? Banned from elections, not permanently, just for 5 years.

Personally I think electoral cheats should be shot. Unfortunately, electoral cheats are responsible for deciding the penalty for electoral fraud.

Also notable, an uptick of the false flag posters:

seemingly one thing, in likable guise,

but in reality the same old political manipulations.

A slit tweak of the facade and keep pushing the message.

Edited by animatic

well, in fact many farang support thaksin, here , the most of the anti-thaksin comemts come from the thais who work for the gov. or for those who make this kind of report that obviouslly is 100%anti-thaksin, i am not interested in politics,but in the place in which i live most of the people suport him, in deed the streeds'wall are full of "คิดถึงทักษีณ"="we miss thaksin",and the most of the people here know how many good things he has done for his country,the only problem is that the mayority of the thai people who post in this forum belongs to the high class with money and who are able to speak english,but in the university the i hear,evereday, thai students talking about thaksin and remembering those past years in which food wasnt so expensive as now and the echonomy was more much better;)

but i repeat, i am not interest in politics, i prefer my simple life,and good iced leo beer;)

Many farang may support k. Thaksin, many more don't (statistically this probably adds up to 127% ;) ).

I also do remember the good years with my father disagreeing and listing the years he remembers and my grandfather ...

Food prices have risen, but that has nothing to do with this government or k. Thaksin, global issue. Same with the economy, global downturn became visible to all in 2008, tsunami in Japan has some effect now, US government debt and stability of the $, North African and Middle East fights, soaring oil and gold prices. Does anyone really believe under k. Thaksin things would be better at this very moment?

Many farang may support k. Thaksin, many more don't (statistically this probably adds up to 127% ;) ).

I also do remember the good years with my father disagreeing and listing the years he remembers and my grandfather ...

Food prices have risen, but that has nothing to do with this government or k. Thaksin, global issue. Same with the economy, global downturn became visible to all in 2008, tsunami in Japan has some effect now, US government debt and stability of the $, North African and Middle East fights, soaring oil and gold prices. Does anyone really believe under k. Thaksin things would be better at this very moment?

i dont know if things are gonne be better if thaksin returns here, and i am not a politician, i just felt that was necessary to make clear that not all the farang are agaisnt him, me myself i just want to see that thai people's echonomical sistuation improves and i would like to see some reforms in the inmigration laws of the country too(regarding to this i dont think that thaksin is gonne change anything) cuz i think that this country should relax it policies regarding to thouse foreigner who have thai families and are living here.

and i would like to see some reforms in the inmigration laws of the country too(regarding to this i dont think that thaksin is gonne change anything) cuz i think that this country should relax it policies regarding to thouse foreigner who have thai families and are living here.

None of the political parties has 'foreign welfare' high on it's priority list. Don't hold your breath on this one unless your rich of course ;)

and i would like to see some reforms in the inmigration laws of the country too(regarding to this i dont think that thaksin is gonne change anything) cuz i think that this country should relax it policies regarding to thouse foreigner who have thai families and are living here.

None of the political parties has 'foreign welfare' high on it's priority list. Don't hold your breath on this one unless your rich of course ;)

i dont have any hope of thaksin making change or anyother party, thats why i just dont care,anyways i dont have any problem just hope that thai people dont start to kill each other,that's all:)

You think that the anti-Thaksin comments are Thais working for the government??

All those students that remember the past years when Thaksin was PM and they were 12-15. I can't imagine they were buying much food in those years. Maybe those students should do a quick course in economics and learn a little about inflation.

the only problem is that the mayority of the thai people who post in this forum belongs to the high class with money and who are able to speak english,but in the university the i hear,evereday, thai students talking about thaksin and remembering those past years in which food wasnt so expensive

In reality, there are very, very few Thais that do participate in the News and other forums that I frequent.

I would even say that the majority that purport to be Thai are not Thai at all, so I would disagree with your majority statement of them being hi-so because it is all askew by that.

I do wish there was more Thai participation in the forums, but I would also point out that there are a couple of Thais that do post here that I wouldn't consider hi-so at all.

As for the university students, I hope some of them will take economics or related courses to learn that Thaksin wasn't responsible for controlling the world-wide economy and that his departure led to increasing global inflation rates.

Hopefully, they can learn at least some fundamental stuff that high-schoolers should know, let alone university students.

Edited by Buchholz

the only problem is that the mayority of the thai people who post in this forum belongs to the high class with money and who are able to speak english,but in the university the i hear,evereday, thai students talking about thaksin and remembering those past years in which food wasnt so expensive

In reality, there are very, very few Thais that do participate in the News and other forums that I frequent.

I would even say that the majority that purport to be Thai are not Thai at all, so I would disagree with your majority statement of them being hi-so because it is all askew by that.

I do wish there was more Thai participation in the forums, but I would also point out that there are a couple of Thais that do post here that I wouldn't consider hi-so at all.

As for the university students, I hope some of them will take economics or related courses to learn that Thaksin wasn't responsible for controlling the world-wide economy and that his departure led to increasing global inflation rates.

Hopefully, they can learn at least some fundamental stuff that high-schoolers should know, let alone university students.

Get real, few Thai are going to post here, if they say something they believe to be true, from their personal experience, in their country, they will likely be called to task over a comma in the wrong place, in the usual attempts to discredit their post..................

i dont know if things are gonne be better if thaksin returns here, and i am not a politician, i just felt that was necessary to make clear that not all the farang are agaisnt him, me myself i just want to see that thai people's echonomical sistuation improves and i would like to see some reforms in the inmigration laws of the country too(regarding to this i dont think that thaksin is gonne change anything) cuz i think that this country should relax it policies regarding to thouse foreigner who have thai families and are living here.

Now on these two items, improving the economic situation and immigration reform, I am in complete agreement with you. :thumbsup:

I have hope for the former if Thaksin's PTP doesn't control things, but don't see the latter improving to our desires from any Party.

Get real, few Thai are going to post here, if they say something they believe to be true, from their personal experience, in their country, they will likely be called to task over a comma in the wrong place, in the usual attempts to discredit their post..................

Not sure what you want me to get real about, but I would say that there are other reasons why Thais don't frequent the board. I would say that overly critical grammar replies is not a major factor as from what I see, that sort of nonsense is usually dealt with pretty effectively by the mods. They can't get to them all, but by and large I wouldn't consider it a common occurrence.

Edited by Buchholz

For those that lived through the 1997 economic disaster and that has been in business . . . We know the miracles Thaksin did.

It is a fact of history; go look at the Asian economic disater after the financial colapse in 1997.

Remember the thousandfs of semi-completed construction sites, the baht gone to 47 agains the USD, unemployment, bankrupsies et all.

Only Thailand got out of it, in the last year of Thaksin - Thailand even repaid all debts to the World Bank; clearing out the help they got.

I know to a great extend Thaksin was not very Pro-Farang; but he really did a LOT of good for this country.

Imagine Thailand still be in the financial oposition like Indonesia, Laos and Cambodia.

I remain out of politics, not interested in it here or home BUT all respect and honour due to those who desrves it.

I am amazed at the people, including foreigners - failing to realize what S. Thaksin did for this country and its people; including foregn businesses.

5555555. I repeat 5555555. The guy is a fascist out for himself and only himself. Why do you think there was a coup? Who's position was he after? That Thailand recovered quickly from the recession had absolutely nought to do with the great heroic leader. If Thaksin had remained, Thailand would not be much better off than Burma is at the moment. You only have to listen to the utter nonsense he spouts and the more-than-transparent speeches to see that the guy is a half wit. Albeit a dangerous one. Anyone with any sense should fear and hate this guy. You may have guessed that I'm not too keen on him!

Appreciate your acknowledging your error.

No problem. The important fact to remember is that Newin Chidchob is still a convicted criminal and a banned politician involved heavily with the current government and de-facto leader of a party in the current governing coalition.

And when he['s MPs] was a part of PPP you ofcourse protested?

And if he is involved with PT after the election, you will ofcourse protest?

You obviously believed all the Thaksin propaganda...... it was Not Thaksin who did that , but the millions and millions dollars in foreign investments that lifted Thailand out of the pit... and Thaksin still managed to steal plenty of that for himself... most came from Japan and the USA, Nothing from Thaksins policies.. not one thing .. all he did was to loot and rob.....You tell me one and only one policy Thaksin brought in that raised money for Thailand... without foreign investments.. Also world food prices shot up in this time which also brought untold rewards for Thailand, Tourism was at a peak..... talk about being in the right place at the right time... And Indonesia , Laos, Viet nam and Malaysia are all booming right now and they Never had Thaksin ..... and Don`t want him....! The Phillipines might suit him better... And after reading your statements, you should stay out of politics... or stop listening to your wife...!!

A reply to a post has been removed as the act of replying to the post altered the quoted text.

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

From Forum Netiquette:

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

Taksin is now proposing:

_ Ten new electric rail lines would be introduced in Bangkok with a fixed fee of Bt20 per ride.

_ New flats and houses would be built to allow students and poor people to rent at Bt1,000 per month.

_ Some 25 river-basin areas would also be improved and water channelled from Burma, Laos and Cambodia.

_ Build a bullet train line from Bangkok to Chiang Mai as well as to other cities like Nakhon Ratchasima, Hua Hin, Rayong

_ Building a two-track rail line linking Bangkok's vicinity together

_ Extend the airport link rail to Chachoengsao province and Pattaya

_ Construct a land bridge linking the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea.

_ Eliminate the drugs problem within 12 months and eradicate poverty within four years.

_ Debt moratorium to those owing between Bt500,000 to Bt1 million for three to five years.

_ Unmilled rice would be guaranteed at Bt15,000 per tonne.

_ Minimum corporate income tax would be reduced from 30 per cent to 23 per cent within the next year.

_ Fresh university graduates would be guaranteed a minimum monthly salary of Bt15,000 and the minimum wage will be set at Bt300 per day.

_ A Bt1-billion fund would be created to help state and private universities.

_ Tax deductions for those buying their first home or economy car.

_ The oil-subsidy fund would be managed reasonably and alternative energy sources such as wind, solar and water would be developed.

_ Thai food will be promoted abroad and Suvarnabhumi Airport will be developed into a regional travel hub.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To recap -

"eradicate poverty within 4 years" - whatever that means ...

20 baht fixed rail fares in BKK,

cheap rents,

tax reductions for new cars and houses,

NOTE no mention of schools and introducing an affective system of education or welfare system for the nation.

"The Thaksin government has used populist programmes and quasi-fiscal measures to gain political popularity. According to influential social critic and academic Thirayuth Boonmee, “The government in fact set aside THB 780 billion (USD 20.8 billion) for the restructuring of bad debts by the Thailand asset Management Corporation. THB 2 trillion (USD 53.4 billion) would be required for the construction of new cities and mass transport system; another USD 2.56 billion was to be given to the Vayupak Fund to support the stock market; and USD 17.95 billion was earmarked as a fund for public utilities. All these projects amounted to about USD 91.79 billion. In the meantime, health care got USD 1.46 billion while USD 1.71 billion was given to the village fund. USD 365 million went to the farmers’ debt relief project. Altogether, about USD 4 billion of the budget was allocated to support the low-income people, 20 times lower than the money set aside for big troubled business companies and financial institutions.”

In other words - he and his cronies who own 50% of the country in terms of the stock market, diverted all the cash into their own pockets or to their own advantage. BUT at the same time he made a big song and dance about what he was doing for the poor and loudly showered pennies upon them, for which they began to worship him.

Even the 30-baht hospital scheme was a con:

"The Village Fund, through which BHT 1 million was given to each village to be borrowed by the community members, has now become a tool for local politicians. Community members have become divided and forced to compete with each other for these funds. In the area of health, civil society had initially advocated the government’s 30-baht-per-visit health scheme before the TRT adopted it as a policy platform during its election campaign in 2000. Once elected, the TRT immediately put this scheme into practice to obtain popular support. But because the government did not provide the required budget to support it, hospitals have had to shift their other non-budgetary income to cover its costs."

PLUS - - - maybe he also wants his 1.5 billion dollars back from his frozen assets and bank accounts?

R

extracted from http://www.socialwatch.org/node/11006

Good post, thanks.

While Thaksins street branch trumpets all he will do for the poor,

and down plays all the Dems have done for them, and who 'should be blamed' for the Dems alleged bad actions.

His political wing works the local leaders and their manipulation of the local villagers votes, vs their getting loans and services, so as to make sure the votes are not simply; 500 baht go in the booth.

And his Backing Cronies await a payoff in huge terms for doing their part, and letting him look the big savior, while they prepare to skim as much as possible.

So simplified.

He is convincing the poor to back him,

so he can let his friends eat the poor's grand children's futures

and make more money and face that the cronies can ever spend.

Edited by animatic

So whoever PT representative to run for the election as Prime minister will be Thaksin's dummy?

Strictly speaking no-one is running for PM in the elections. There are candidates for MP. The party with a majority may appoint a PM from their MP members who will probably be the one indicated before. In case of a coalition the coalition MPs will elect/select a PM from amongst their midst probably as part of the wheeling / dealing to form the coalition.

As 'k. Thaksin thinks and PTP does' the description of 'dummy' seems not far of the mark for PTP candidates ;)

Interesting is that it has just been indicated that the PTP party list MP candidates include many esteemed fellows:

"Among people in the list of Pheu Thai party-list MP candidates are Jatuporn Promphan, Natthawut Saikua, Arisman Pongruangrong, Kokaew Pikulthong, Wisa Kanthap, Chinawat Habunpad."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/04/25/national/Mingkwan-not-dropped-from-partylist-MPs-Pheu-Thai-30153864.html

Edited by rubl