Singapore Non Im. 'o' 90dyas Single Entry

1. Went to the Thai Embassy located at 370 Orchard Road across the Hilton Hotel (a few minutes walk from Orchard MRT station) It was Sunday but the friendly guards at the gate gave me an application form. Also told me applications accepted only between 9:15 am to 12:15pm.

2. One application form serves all types of visas in Singapore.

3. I am over 50 and stated as purpose of visit : retirement. I used my UK passport. I was in Singapore only on a business trip of a few days.

4. Attached a passport size foto (one) and a copy of my latest bank balance in Euro (over the equivalent of 800.000 baht)

5. Arrived at Embassy around 9:40am. Took a serial number and waited my turn. Already 10 applicants processed and waited 25 minutes for my turn (14 applications).

6. Friendly muslim lady checked form and examined bank balance copy. Called a Thai staff for confirmation that it wouild be ok as she first asked me to present the bank book itself (which I did not have on me). OK given.

7. Paid 85 Singapore $ and received a receipt and told to come back next day between 2 and 4pm also that multi entry visa will not be issued.

8. Went back following day at 2:30pm received my passport immediately with a brand new Non-immigrant 'O' single entry 3 months visa

All in all a very easy experience

Thanks for the detail steps on your visa application experience in Singapore, and congratulations on the easy process. A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

3. I am over 50 and stated as purpose of visit : retirement. I used my UK passport. I was in Singapore only on a business trip of a few days.

4. Attached a passport size foto (one) and a copy of my latest bank balance in Euro (over the equivalent of 800.000 baht).

6. Friendly muslim lady checked form and examined bank balance copy. Called a Thai staff for confirmation that it wouild be ok as she first asked me to present the bank book itself (which I did not have on me). OK given.

Did you also provide them with a medical certificate and police report from the UK? I thought these were normally required for a non-O visa for purposes of retirement.

Did they accept a bank statement from a bank outside Thailand? I thought they usually would want to see at least 800,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank before issuing a non-O visa for retirement.

Thanks for the detail steps on your visa application experience in Singapore, and congratulations on the easy process.  A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

4. Attached a passport size foto (one) and a copy of my latest bank balance in Euro (over the equivalent of 800.000 baht).

Did you also provide them with a medical certificate and police report from the UK? I thought these were normally required for a non-O visa for purposes of retirement.

Did they accept a bank statement from a bank outside Thailand? I thought they usually would want to see at least 800,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank before issuing a non-O visa for retirement.

Hi

No medical certificate and yes the bank statement was only a copy of my latest balance printed out from the webpage of my bank. The account is held in Euro in Belgium.

For the record, I only submited in Singapore the following :

1 application form

1 ID foto

1 copy of bank balance (over equivalent of 800.000 baht) outside of Thailand

Passport

85 Singapore $

I believe the medical certificate and police report are only required if you ask and get a Non Immigrant OA (generally valid for 1 year and sometimes multiple entry))

I asked and got a Non Immigrant O valid for 3 months and only single entry (although I asked for multiple)

The next step now for me is to apply for an extention on the basis of retirement in Thailand when I expect I will have to suplly them with a medical and a balance in Thailand of more than 800.000 baht

More on that whne I actually do it the coming december

Will add some here in case Krub not available for awhile and welcome his expansion and also thank him for the posting.

He obtained a non immigrant O visa to use for retirement long stay extension - he did not receive an O-A visa. So all he has to submit was proof of his age and ability to afford retirement. That being his passport and home bank account. During the three months this visit allows he must transfer 800k into a Thai bank account (or some and obtain paperwork from his Embassy to show pension to equal the 800k requirement in total). At the time of his application for extension of stay he will have to have a medical certificate. The police report is only required for the O-A type visa.

((I was only 14 seconds late - sorry did not see your post)) :o

Edited by lopburi3