Rimpa Lapin Restaurant Review

Tolley

Located off Sukhumvit road about 5 mins or so past the Ambassador in Jomtien this restaurant owned by a Thai tv star channel 3 I think is one of my favourite dining places in the Pattaya area.

It has great views back over Jomtien Beach and it has a terraced type set up where you can sit outside and admire the views.

The seafood is very fresh and tasty being a bit higher quality than your Walking St type seafood restaurants.

Prices are reasonable aveaging for us at around 600 baht a head with a cocktail.

I recommend the soft shell crab and the grouper.

Great place to take tourists.

It is an amazing place. Better food can be had elsewhere, but hard to beat the setting. Parking lot is filled with Bangkok hi-so's. Make reservations if going there on a weekend....but the setting is extremely romantic.

Better food can be had in Ban Amphur, just North of there. We like Precha's...it's where one of the princesses eats on a regular basis...even has her own private toilet!

beware ....... it's a fairly compact kitchen so service can be poor if very crowded. Had to wait over one hour on 2 occasions so dont go at weekends. Food so so. Romantic setting - yes!

The name "Rimpa the rabbit" always makes me smile when I drive past

Hmmmm....I don't see rabbit anywhere in the translation? the owner is from Chiang Mai and is a twist on the river there as well as a cliff. Makes sense as the restaurant is on a "cliff".