British Passport Full And Only 15 Days Left On The Visa? How Long Does It Take To Get A New Passport From Hk?

Didnt realise my passport was out of pages until yesterday. Ive only got 15 days left on my visa and ZERO pages left in my passport. Whats the quickest way I can get a new passport? Do they still have a fast track application where it is done in 10 days?

Has anyone recently renewed there passports at the hong kong office? How long did it take from sending the application to receiving the new passport? And do i need to go to the British embassy here in Bangkok or do i just print the forms out, fill them in and send the payment and wait?

Also, if I go in person to the Hong Kong office is it possible to get a new passport on the day? or how long does it take if I go in person?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...

If Bkk is convenient to you, the best option (IMO) is to drop of all the needed paperwork

at the British Embassy. If all is in order, it takes 10 business days.

When you drop everything of at Embassy they will check all the documents to make

make sure there is no issues. They will also ship the package for you to HK and

provide you with the DHL tracking numbers.

Even if the passport gets returned a day or two late, paying the few days over stay

fine is still cheaper than paying for a flight to and fro HK

I renewed my British passport 6 months ago and had the new copy in 10 business days.

Now issues.

Total cost was about 9K

If Bkk is convenient to you, the best option (IMO) is to drop of all the needed paperwork

at the British Embassy. If all is in order, it takes 10 business days.

When you drop everything of at Embassy they will check all the documents to make

make sure there is no issues. They will also ship the package for you to HK and

provide you with the DHL tracking numbers.

I'm sorry but this information is out of date, you can no longer drop off the paperwork at the British Embassy. You can still use DHL but you do it yourself, and of course have to ensure the documents are in order.

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/how-to-apply/thailand/renewals

The fee needs to be sent in Hong Kong Dollars.

It can take up to a month to get a passport from HK and I can confirm what theoldgit said;the Embassy will not assist in processing your application.

However,were your passport to be lost,stolen or lose a fight with your dog,I am pretty certain the Embassy will issue a new one,but I stand to be corrected.

My wife just done her passport, you dont need to send by DHL as we sent hers by EMS.

The reason for this is that there is no DHL in hua hin.

They had the money out of my visa account within 5 days but it took just over 4 weeks to get the passport back.

Be aware that they have outsourced all passport handling to a company called Careline, this means if you want to find out where and how much longer your passport will take to arrive you will need a credit card.

Careline will not talk to you if you dont give them your credit card details and I think the charge is 69pence per minuite with a suggested call time of 4 mins.

TTM

Edited by tuktukmike

It can take up to a month to get a passport from HK and I can confirm what theoldgit said;the Embassy will not assist in processing your application.

However,were your passport to be lost,stolen or lose a fight with your dog,I am pretty certain the Embassy will issue a new one,but I stand to be corrected.

Not really a new one, but an emergency passport. That one has a limitations and is meant to be able to travel back to the UK.

Be aware that they have outsourced all passport handling to a company called Careline, this means if you want to find out where and how much longer your passport will take to arrive you will need a credit card.

Careline will not talk to you if you dont give them your credit card details and I think the charge is 69pence per minuite with a suggested call time of 4 mins.

Just for clarification, Careline only deal with telephone enquiries the actual processing of the passport is still carried out by Passport Agency staff. Careline are, I believe based in the UK, you are of course correct about their charges.

You could well be right about careline but it still seems like a scam to me, why we could not just speak to the passport agency seems odd.

Hey its not like they are providing this service for free.

TTM

That`s the UK for you;provide as bare minimum a service as they think they can get away with for as much money as they think they can screw out of you.

You could well be right about careline but it still seems like a scam to me, why we could not just speak to the passport agency seems odd.

Hey its not like they are providing this service for free.

TTM

That`s the UK for you;provide as bare minimum a service as they think they can get away with for as much money as they think they can screw out of you.

Unless of course you are an ethiopian murderer or pakistani al queda recruit, then they will do everything and more some to help you!!!

how long have you been here i thought you cant enter the country unless you have 6months min.left in your passport.

His passport is full, not expired.

i will have to stop drinking this cider for breakfast.

I am always amazed that people suddenly find the passport is full. Dont you notice when you have 6,5,4,3,2,1, pages left?

That should help the OP, if he had realised earlier maybe, just maybe he wouldn't have saught your advice.

Edited by theoldgit

Had to renew my british pspt so sent all required stuff to HK as directed in embassy website. They only require to send a copy of the info page if ur in Thailand, as we all know you can't/shouldn't be in the country without pspt. So u don't really need to DHL it to HK I suppose.

I did a run to Penang on 27th May just to get single o non imm as my pspt expires 6 June, I was concerned they wouldn't give me the visa due to the imminent expiry date, but I got it no probs. I've now sent off for new pspt, they say to allow 4 weeks, longer if you send them a dodgy photo or other reason for delay.

Go to the british embassy in thailand website and it'll link u to the HK agency who are issuing all britsih pspts in the region now.

By the way, about 10 yrs or so ago I had pages added at the britsh emb, bkk. If they still do that it'd be a good option.

Edited by TravellinShoes

I am always amazed that people suddenly find the passport is full. Dont you notice when you have 6,5,4,3,2,1, pages left?

That should help the OP, if he had realised earlier maybe, just maybe he wouldn't have saught your advice.

It matters not where they stamp it. Page one or page six. If there is room on any page then there is room. It's only when you visit places such as Australia where a full page sticker which covers a whole page does this become an issue. Just as an aside, I got a new 'large' UK passport with 40 pages from BKK embassy 3 year ago in 24 hours for 5k

A friend has just renewed his passport through Hong Kong via DHL. The whole process took 13 days. When I renewed mine last November it was back in less than three weeks.

Give them what they ask for and it's a hassle-free, albeit expensive, experience.