Second Hand Music Shops

raro

I'm in the market for a guitar amp and had a look at Panthip Plaza today. The second hand shop has vanished (haven't been there for a while...) and the shop in the back had nothing that would impress me for more than a beer stand....

there used to be also a shopping arcade between Panthip and Ratchatewi with shops that sold second hand gear, but it seem also to be long gone..

So...where to go? We are looking for a decent tube amp for real music and no hi-tech digital amp-modeling nonsense that sounds like you're sizzling bacon....

Thanks for help! B)

Go from Panthip to Ratchetewi and turn left and head toward Sukhumvit, about half way along there's a sort of arcade set back from the road with a couple of shops that have new and second hand musical equipment.

Disclaimer: I haven't been past there since July last year!

Fortune Town has the best selection of used amps I've seen. Last time I was there the shop in the basement (the largest) had a Marshall JTM60, IMO the best-sounding small combo Marshall ever made.

Also did you try Second Music, down an alley near Phetburi soi 15 (opp side of Phetburi from Pantip)? They usually have dozens of used amps, including a few tube amps. I bought a nice mid-60s Vibrolux there a few years ago. Last time I checked in was less than six months ago (looking for another JTM60 they had for awhile; alas they had taken it apart and made it into a head).

I've never seen any used-gear shops in Chinatown, or on Atsadang, where are they? Lots of shops selling new gear.

How about external USB or Firewire soundcards.. anyone seen them?? (8 in 8 out or similair)

Something like an M-Audio.

Basically a digital music hardware store

Pantip stocks none of this stuff, any of the aforementioned shops in this thread good for this?

Cheers.

A friend of mine bought a Firewire card locally. I'll ask him where.