Thailand Pulls Out Of Planned Ceasefire Talks With Cambodia

webfact

What? Clinton didn't take America into Iraq, Bush did.

this seems to keep cropping up every few months, things get better than....

there is something going on that none of us are aware of and it can not be good for anyone on either side.

I agree, nothing good happening, but useful for the present Thai leaders.

This is a ploy governments use to stay in power. They want a conflict because people have a tendency not to change leaders during times of conflict or war. Clinton did the same by jumping into Iraq just before his reelection and then pulled out after after the election. "Tail Wagging the Dog"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is not clear.

During these type of crises, any government in world would intensify diplomatic activities and arranged a series of visits to countries that are possible key to solving the crisis.

Why Prime Minister does not travel in an official visit to any of these key countries.

By the way, I do not remember that from the first moment of his ruling, this PM went to an official visit to any country.

I think since then there was none.

This is unusual even in the absence of crisis.

The crisis of this intensity would imply series of visits to various countries of the Prime Minister.

What is the reason that the PM does not visit any country, even now?

I just remember one canceled visit.

What's going on? Is it fear that might happen to him what happened to previously ousted PM?

there is something going on that none of us are aware of and it can not be good for anyone on either side.

This is a ploy governments use to stay in power. They want a conflict because people have a tendency not to change leaders during times of conflict or war. Clinton did the same by jumping into Iraq just before his reelection and then pulled out after after the election. "Tail Wagging the Dog"

Wrong. What Clinton did was jumping in NATO campaign(initiated and led) of 3 months of bombing Serbia, ex Yugoslavia. Not Iraq.

Wrong. What Clinton did was jumping in NATO campaign(initiated and led) of 3 months of bombing Serbia, ex Yugoslavia. Not Iraq.

Young Master Step, a reading course may be appropriate for you.

Markaew said 'Clinton did the same by jumping into Iraq', Sausageandmash corrected with 'Clinton didn't take America into Iraq, Bush did.'

Saying 'wrong, Clinton did something else' doesn't make much sense :ermm:

Young Master Step, a reading course may be appropriate for you.

Markaew said 'Clinton did the same by jumping into Iraq', Sausageandmash corrected with 'Clinton didn't take America into Iraq, Bush did.'

Saying 'wrong, Clinton did something else' doesn't make much sense :ermm:

I understood all, uncle Rubl.

It was said Clinton jumped into Iraq and i said it is not truth as Clinton jumped in pot of Balkan Peninsula, more precisely Serbia and i said what for.

That's all.

I am constantly puzzled by the assumption of most writers that in an all out war Thailand would win. I disagree, any all out war would rapidly evolve into a war of attrition, of multiple clashes in jungle and mountain terrain. As the Americans found out in Vietnam and Korea, technologically advanced weapons cannot defeat agile and motivated foot soldiers. Thailand might be able to destroy towns and cities, but they would not be able to occupy territory, particularly with home grown enemies in the south, the northeast, plus the thousands of resident Cambodians in their country.

Even worse Myanmar might decide to expand while the RTA was preoccupied.

Ahh, someone who also sees things as I do. But let's also add to this scenario that Cambodia would use "terrorists tactics" in cities such as BKK, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket, with car bombs and other types of explosives to turn those cities, and others, into communities where terror reins. No one would be immune or safe. These are tactics that Cambodia is well versed in, and wouldn't hesitate to use. And for those who say the Thai army would be able to stop this from happening, just look down south and see how "successful" the vaunted Thai Army has been.

This is nonsensical rhetoric. When in the last century and a half has Thailand ever been in an all out war? It will not happen. They like to bluster but committing to a full conflict just won't happen.

Anyone who has a true beleive that Cambodia is willing to stop the dispute, should at least before posting here do some research about history of Thai-Cambodia relations, only go back 200 years or so, not much. But for those who just want to say bad things about Thailand for whatever reasons, well, no one can stop them. But if they are living in Thailand, please be mindful that they should be grateful that they have this land to live, sleep, and enjoy. If you have bad attitude toward the country you live in, why stay?

I say the same about you in this forum, why stay?

Allow me to elaborate a bit more on my Clinton comment.

Bush 1 did the Kuwait rescue from Saddam and Bush 2 invaded to take the whole country. Clinton moved the military in but did very little but rattle his saber and get reelected. Clinton basically just reinforced the "no fly zone" that Saddam was encroaching on. Interestingly, it only lasted long enough to complete the election process. All I am saying is the same process is being unfolded here.

Edited by Markaew

Thailand should inform Cambodia that they have 48 hours to remove everything from the disputed 4.6 kilometers. If there is still any sign of persons or equipment on the disputed area after the deadline, then Thailand should start a systematic campaign where they obliterate every square meter of land into a giant mud hole, rendering the disputed area unusable by any party.

Once this has been accomplished, Thailand should inform the Cambodians that any sign of movement will be met with immediate rocket fire until the movement ( encroachment ) is negated.

After the dispute has been settled, there will be plenty of time to restore the small area to its former state.

If you obliterate the 4.6 kilometers it will end the problem of encroachment. Enough explosives will turn it into a lake, making it very difficult to set up business stalls and makeshift houses.

I'm hoping that Thailand will mark a copy of the email to China as well. Wouldn't want any surprises later. :rolleyes: