Are You Going To Watch The Royal Wedding/Do You Care?

Jingthing

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No! Emphatically not! I would rather be naked in Siam Square, dis-embowelling myself publically with rusty barbed wire, than have any part of this simpering, snivelling, self-indulgent "it's like a fairy-tale come true innit?" stuff. I cannot understand the fascination of the many too many for the all the intricate details of all this nonsense. Fifteen minutes at the Amphur's office was enough for my bride and I, then it was back to open the shop.

And no, I don't feel that I've been slighted by not being personally invited - I'm sure it was something to do with the Thai postal service. Anyway, it saved me from having to buy the wife a new frock.

No! Emphatically not! I would rather be naked in Siam Square, dis-embowelling myself publically with rusty barbed wire, than have any part of this simpering, snivelling, self-indulgent "it's like a fairy-tale come true innit?" stuff. I cannot understand the fascination of the many too many for the all the intricate details of all this nonsense. Fifteen minutes at the Amphur's office was enough for my bride and I, then it was back to open the shop.

And no, I don't feel that I've been slighted by not being personally invited - I'm sure it was something to do with the Thai postal service. Anyway, it saved me from having to buy the wife a new frock.

Well...since Messrs Blair and Brown were also on the 'not invited' list you are in strange company.

Yes, I am going to watch it. And I am really looking forward to it!! So there!!

And I am sure a lot of you dismal people will watch it too.

Smile and toast the happy couple - be happy yourselves for once in your miserable lives.

I suppose it depends on how seriously you take your marriage...

It must be a joy for the dear old queen, and the boys seem relatively sensible.

Did her own eldest serve his time in the family firm (before my time). Personally, I would rather have a monarch who had served the crown, or failing that, served at her majesty's pleasure.

I am sure, like all the brits here, I am delighted for her majesty and her descendents, but watching it on television...steady on, mate, its not the cup final!

SC

and luckily it doesn't clash, or I'm sure half the family members would be absent

"Are you here to see ol' Wills get hitched then are ya? Well I told 'im to be careful didn't I? Back in the lunch voucher queue after his poor muvver died I told 'im I did. Be careful old son there's gold diggers out there I warned the poor sod..all upset and that he was an' all.

And look what he's got himself into now eh? My Gawd she's more cunning than Anthea Turner!"

Edited by smokie36

Well...since Messrs Blair and Brown were also on the 'not invited' list you are in strange company.

Considering the way the Blair years destroyed the country why would that lying pox of a human being have been invited. He bankrupted the UK.

Gordon Brown as per usual would probably turn up with greasy hair and dandruff so another good decision.

Pair of lowlife lying crooks.

:jap:

I'll probably watch it I mean they're not doing anybody any harm,are they ?

And anyway what else is there to watch on local TV these days.

I can't believe they'll be showing the Royal Wedding on Thai TV, but not the Challenge Cup Final

SC

From the colours of your flag, you could be in the Gulf, in which case you will be blessed with the latter, when the time comes, and I am envious...

Edited by StreetCowboy

I can't believe they'll be showing the Royal Wedding on Thai TV, but not the Challenge Cup Final

SC

From the colours of your flag, you could be in the Gulf, in which case you will be blessed with the latter, when the time comes, and I am envious...

Whats the challenge up final?

SC

Its only the biggest event of the year for Wembley Stadium, the climax of the European rugby league calendar, and the biggest outing for flat caps and whippets bar York Races

SC

SC

Its only the biggest event of the year for Wembley Stadium, the climax of the European rugby league calendar, and the biggest outing for flat caps and whippets bar York Races

SC

In that case SC you make a very valid point.

What wedding?

No really, there's not a snowball's chance in the middle of a Bangkok soi that I'll watch it.

I read an article that said all the royal historians and staunch loyalists are confident that this "blessed union" will revive the "commoners" love for the British monarchy. I'd be curious to hear what he UK crowd (er....commoners) have to say about that.

SC

I can only assume you're a St Helens fan then SC. Oh no hang on Wigan beat them the other day I think....:whistling:

What wedding?

No really, there's not a snowball's chance in the middle of a Bangkok soi that I'll watch it.

I read an article that said all the royal historians and staunch loyalists are confident that this "blessed union" will revive the "commoners" love for the British monarchy. I'd be curious to hear what he UK crowd (er....commoners) have to say about that.

He really is an ugly bloke that prince isnt he? I mean really.....get your ears sorted out laddie! :D

Its estimated half a million people will cram into the Mall....which gives you an idea of how many foreigners there are in the UK....

Yes, I am going to watch it. And I am really looking forward to it!! So there!!

And I am sure a lot of you dismal people will watch it too.

Smile and toast the happy couple - be happy yourselves for once in your miserable lives.

Ho Ho

What a wonderful reply, even if I am ambivalent about he wedding itself !

SC

I can only assume you're a St Helens fan then SC. Oh no hang on Wigan beat them the other day I think....:whistling:

I'm not going to rise to that; I have no need of salt in my wounds this morning; I suffered enough at the weekend as I shared at the time.

Bloody rugby league. It.. st.. start... bloody ... streaming...ternet...

I suppose you'll be a happy man, though. As I recall you are an FC fan.

At least we have some silverware in the cabinet from last season...

SC

And back on topic; I'll not be watching that particular match; I fear it would last a lot more than 80 minutes, and I doubt that the ball handling will be up to superleague standads

We're having a Garden Party! Should be nice!

Admittedly the Thais are more excited than I am but I'm quite looking forward to it.

Yes my wife too, more excited than I can remember her. The Thai love anything Royal