Thailand Post To Open Money Deposit Service

Thailand Post to Open Money Deposit Service

The Thailand Post Company Limited will open money deposit service at post offices nationwide.

Thailand Post Executive Vice President Anusara Jitmitrapab said the company has cooperated with six commercial banks to open money deposit service at post offices nationwide.

She said the new service will be called Bank@Post, where 1,400 post offices will service locals who live far away from commercial banks.

She said the Bank@Post will initially open for depositing while money withdrawal and transfers should be able to start in the next three months.

On the government's plan to release retail loans to ease informal debts, Anusara said Thailand Post will discuss details of the plan and hopes to release loans by the end of May.

She said the Thai Credit Retail Bank and the Bank of Ayudhya will be the first to participate in the Bank@Post program.

The Thai Military Bank will launch the service in June. Moreover, CIMB, TISCO and UOB will also start the service in July.

Customers of the Bank@Post will be allowed to deposit no more than 50,000 baht per transaction and can deposit no more than 100,000 baht per account daily.

Bank passbooks are not needed for the transaction and customers only have to give their account number, name, the amount of money and telephone number to complete the transaction.

The money deposited will immediately be transferred to the specified account in real time.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-04-27

footer_n.gif

This will come in handy for many people. Hopefully the fee will be reasonable...you know there will be a fee.

You noticed that too, did you? They conveniently left out that very important piece of the story. I read the whole story waiting for the other shoe to drop. They just kind of left it hanging. Doesn't bode well for it being a reasonable price.

This will come in handy for many people. Hopefully the fee will be reasonable...you know there will be a fee.

You noticed that too, did you? They conveniently left out that very important piece of the story. I read the whole story waiting for the other shoe to drop. They just kind of left it hanging. Doesn't bode well for it being a reasonable price.

Was there a guarantee mentioned? My fear is/would be that - as we've heard often - something goes "awry" and then an apology/confusion and the individual is without money/assistance/or legal tools to recoup lost revenues. Sorry, but I don't even get most of my mail sent from USA and my question is: where did it go? The postal service told me America won't send mail to some zip codes in Thailand. LOL EVERY bank statement sent from USA never arrives. Humn?????