Khao San Diploma Mills

^ I thought (think) it's the MoE who has to have their palms smoothed??? Rather than MoL or Imm???

Certainly the degrees are generally for the MoE, rather than Labour?

Also the MoE no longer checks degrees, it's down to the individual school owner to verify them and those found 'verifying' a fake degree could face a jail term.

Good heavens!  That fake University of London certificate looks almost exactly the same as my genuine Master's certificate from Univ of London!  How do the authorities actually identify the fakes from the real thing?  (Is it the paper, ink etc? - Just interested to know)

Simon

Re-read the London fake Simon. BACHELOR OF HONOURS IN BUSINESS :o

No worries mate, I was 'showing off' a bit, thanks for being cool about it.

I honestly can't see there being more TEFL trainees than EFL students (it's got to be impossible).

Appreciate the reply. :D

I know that there are more ESL students than teachers in universities, but language schools seem to push the TEFL more than the ESL programs. Check some of the commercial school web sites. :D

Recently a friend of mine asked to help land a teaching job in Thailand. I looked around and the TEFL seemed to be more important than the degrees.

Most teachers that have taught for 3 yrs ( accredited institute ) is equal to a TEFL from what the uni told me.

Anyway, Khao San Rd isn't the only place to get fake degrees, diplomas, certs, DLs, IDs and TEFLs. There are hundreds on the net. :D

One day they will be able to verify your documents on the net among other things. :D

Glad I got my degrees out of the way and don't have a need to visit Khao San Road. :o

[

A bit off topic, but I've been told recently that it's not even a requirement by Thai law to have a degree to teach English in all cases.

Apparently a degree is required to work for an international school or through and employment agency.  Reason being is these two situations require a teachers license. 

But I am told that I can be employed directly through a government run school, and so long as I can show a TEFL or equivalent and they are happy to employ me, it's ok.

Can anyone shed any light on this as fact?

Not so I know a well known whoremonger (married) who taught for several years at the international school at the end of soi 15. I don't think he resorted to a fake degree. He was on over 100.000 a month with housing health care and profit sharing thrown in. Needless to say they did get rid of him as too expensive. Now he drags his family backwards and fowards to the UK in search of cheap pussy, not in the UK of course. He's a sad example of how addictive thailand (sex) can end up being-peter

If the MoE no longer verify the degrees, only the schools,then surely it's just gotten easier to use fakes!?!?

You know that's what I thought, but sadly no that is not the case. Before the school owners could say "we didn't know etc.", now they're risking a possible jail term if it's found to be fake.....it seems they're not quite prepared to risk that as you can well imagine :o

Very, very, very clever move on the part of the MoE IMO! We shall see though!

[

A bit off topic, but I've been told recently that it's not even a requirement by Thai law to have a degree to teach English in all cases.

Apparently a degree is required to work for an international school or through and employment agency.  Reason being is these two situations require a teachers license. 

But I am told that I can be employed directly through a government run school, and so long as I can show a TEFL or equivalent and they are happy to employ me, it's ok.

Can anyone shed any light on this as fact?

Not so

Actually yes it is so. It is possible to get a WP without a degree here.

What you're talking about below is a different kettle of fish altogether. Most international schools wouldn't employ you without a specific teaching qualification....so that is most likely why he got the sack......errr not because he worked at a goverment school without a degree (which is of course doable).

Actually reading your post.....to be honest mate.....it doesn't really make much sense at all.

I know a well known whoremonger (married) who taught for several years at the international school at the end of soi 15. I don't think he resorted  to a fake degree. He was on over 100.000 a month with housing health care and profit sharing thrown in. Needless to say they did get rid of him as too expensive. Now he drags his family backwards and fowards to the UK in search of cheap pussy, not in the UK of course. He's a sad example of how addictive thailand (sex) can end up being-peter

• 2 weeks later...

"Most teachers that have taught for 3 yrs ( accredited institute ) is equal to a TEFL from what the uni told me."

That seems about right to me, that's if you're talking about a real TEFL, like RSA or Trinity. Not sure about the other ones that are popping up all over Thailand.

Too True

Never believe a degree from any asian institution,or some of those dodgy american unis.

At least in Aus and NZ now all the offspring of asias finest have to do is cheat to get their degree,in between the partying.

Normally, as an employer, one would ask for the propective employee to sign a permission form to ask the University to release the information.

The main thing is the quality of the paper and the watermark and also the aspect of the degree.

So many of hem have this huge seal on them done in the wrong colour, and the aspect is just wrong.