45,000 Baht Plus For Ticket To London!

Richb2004v2

I've not bought a ticket to the Uk for quite a while, in either direction, but now need to head back on my own pocket. I expected to pay around 500-600 pounds. What a shock! Does anyone know of any cheap airlines or options?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked a million times.

I would try the Middle East airlines sites themselves. Sometimes they turn up some bargains

The likes of Etihad, Qatar, and Emirates.

Most of the usual flight booking sites tend to all be within a few (whatever currency) you use, anyway

Penkoprod

Which airline has quoted you 45k? When are you travelling?

Avoid most agents in Thailand. Just go directly to the airline's website and book it direct.

The only decent agent I have ever used is www.saveflights.com who sponser this forum. They saved me money and were a joy to deal with. Every other tour operator and travel agent in Thailand have been much more expensive and always got me rubbish resorts.

Try Saveflights and use Eva Air Evergreen Class. Cheapest and most comfortable way to make that journey.

So far I tried the sites of Emirates, KLM and AirAsia. I need to fly from Thailand to the north east of England ideally, but London will do. I will try the suggested site.

Thanks.

KLM or Air China fly there, via Schipol. You might try them too

So far I tried the sites of Emirates, KLM and AirAsia. I need to fly from Thailand to the north east of England ideally, but London will do. I will try the suggested site.

Thanks.

Looks like the cheapest flight to Newcastle is 26,650Baht with Emirates, one way. Open return is 43,600Baht.

The Evergreen class with Eva Air I was talking about (which is Premium Economy really) is 34,600 one way, 57,100 open return, this is pretty much what I paid 6 months ago too.

Flight prices are rising again from what I heard but these look better than your prices. You did not say when or for how long you are going so I tried just one date :)

Remember too, if you are going via London - book your train North as early as possible and save up to 60% on the rail fare !!!

Return flights departing 11th May return in 2 weeks.....

Skyscanner

Egypt Air £554

Etihad £670

Qatar £674

Kelkoo search.....

Etihad £694 BKK to London LHR

Qatar £696 LHR

Egypt Air £585

Kayak search

Egypt Air £571

Etihad £680

Edited by electrozebra

Good tip about the rial trip too. The E ast Coast line is now run by East Coast trains and the fares are very good if you book early, I was looking at 6.75 single to York on 22nd June with my railcard. Good Luck

I'm flying next month and looked in to flights to UK via Amsterdam. I checked, Eva, China Airlines, KLM and Emirates (as those are the airlines with direct flights). Cheapest was China Airlines at 38,000+. I was told there are cheaper alternatives if you don't fly direct. Aeroflot and Kingfisher are supposed to be cheaper but those I didn't check as I don't want to wait hours for connections.

If you told us the dates might help or try itasoftware to get the prices, however you cannot buy the tickets from them. I have been looking to go back to the UK in June and have got great prices from 55,000 to 70,000 for 2 people, from Turkish, Egypt, Qatar and a few other.

Remember also that if flying at night, you'll arrive the day after you leave ! Book the onward transport for the correct day !

Check these guys http://www.massictravel.net/promofares/?EUROPE

Qatar to LHR 22k plus taxes

Jet Airways LHR 15k plus taxes

both return

If you depart after midnight you'll arrive same day ??

6 hours difference currently.

Typically Qatar or Etihad leaving Bangkok 08.30 gets into Heathrow 18.00 local same day.

500 Pounds..thats less than 25K baht......a few years ago befor Mervyn King and his ilk ruined the currency you would be able to get one for 400 Pounds or less.....try moxtravel normally get someting in the 30K mark so thats 600 but realistically tyou wont get cheaper...and it may be even more as your going up North.

If youre travelling alone then fares are reasonable expecially if youre flying cattle class with the camel humpers via the middle east. If youre taking a Thai bed companion with you i suggest you contact her Thai husband and get him to pay for it.Shouldnt be too hard to find him .He is the lazy guy sitting on a motor bike outside your condo window.

If youre travelling alone then fares are reasonable expecially if youre flying cattle class with the camel humpers via the middle east. If youre taking a Thai bed companion with you i suggest you contact her Thai husband and get him to pay for it.Shouldnt be too hard to find him .He is the lazy guy sitting on a motor bike outside your condo window.

Did you fall out of bed with a hangover this morning?

There always has to be at least as*hole out there somewhere.

Your little rant after someone just asks a question about a flight says way more about your bitter twisted outlook on Thailand than anything else. Not everyone married the first hooker that let him finally get laid after a messy divorce back in his home country, if you had set your standards higher you probably wouldn't have fallen in with the underbelly of Thailand. Get back to the "General" forum where you belong, misery and company and all of that.

Edited by KunMatt

Seriously, a flight price query without dates is just useless.

I don't really have a date. My search was based on maybe returning to the Uk for work. I looked two months in advance on the sites I mentioned and didn't see a price drop.

However, thanks to suggestions here I have already seen that Jet Air can do a return for 30k which is much better.

Thanks for the help.

Seriously, a flight price query without dates is just useless.

I don't really have a date. My search was based on maybe returning to the Uk for work. I looked two months in advance on the sites I mentioned and didn't see a price drop.

However, thanks to suggestions here I have already seen that Jet Air can do a return for 30k which is much better.

Thanks for the help.

How times change. Flight prices have closed to doubled when looking at the mainstream airlines.

Used to fly regularly with Malaysia Airlines. Now an economy flight with them can cost the best part of £1000.