Witness History As Prince William Ties The Knot With Kate Middleton

george

Witness history as Prince William ties the knot with Kate Middleton

phuket-1-SBbsBAm.jpg

ROYAL COUPLE: Prince William and Kate Middleton are

getting married in a few hours.Don’t miss it on TV.

Photo: AFP/Mario Testino

phuket-4-pKXmWdo.jpg

CELEBRATING TOGETHER: British Ambassador to

Thailand, Asif Ahmad with deputy CEO for commercial

operations at True Visions, Ong-art Prapakamol in

Bangkok recently to promote the royal wedding.

Photo courtesy of True Visions.

The British royal wedding is not to be missed. In fact, it will be almost impossible to miss. With 7,500 registered media providing coverage, an estimated two billion viewers worldwide are expected to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot live on TV broadcasts and via the internet today.

Here’s how to add your eyeballs to the billions of others witnessing history as it happens. This schedule is all Bangkok time.

On television:

Channel 7 picks up the live broadcast at 4:55pm.

Modernine (Channel 9) has devoted all of its airtime from 1pm to 8pm, with the live feed from Westminster Abbey coming in at 6pm.

The Nation Channel broadcasts live from 3pm to 8pm.

CNN and BBC have their blanket coverage ready to unfold starting at noon.

French channel TV5 Monde’s cameras will be at the Abbey from 2:10pm

On the internet:

Britain’s Royal Household is posting the event live and streaming on its own YouTube channel starting at 4pm. You get to see the procession to the Abbey, the ceremony itself and “the balcony kiss” from Buckingham Palace. That’s at Youtube/ovFwNZHclMk.

TrueVision’s HD channel will broadcast live from noon onward, complete with commentary in Thai.

On Twitter:

@bbcroyalwedding – The Beeb’s main chatter stream.

@BBCPeterHunt – Peter Hunt is the BBC’s royal correspondent.

@royalweddingCNN – CNN central.

@PiersMorgan, @RichardQuest, @KiranChetry and @CatDeeley are CNN’s frontline troops.

@royalwedding – The Today Show from the ABC television network in the US.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-29

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well good luck to them - I hope they live long and are happy. Nice looking girl - I mean couple

It has been raining and I am watching the grass grow. :coffee1: Seems there won't be much on TV today.

I hope the media dogs don't wear them down and let them have a normal life.

Well good luck to them - I hope they live long and are happy. Nice looking girl - I mean couple

It has been raining and I am watching the grass grow. :coffee1: Seems there won't be much on TV today.

Are you as generous with your comments towards all Britain's benefit scroungers, or just the posh ones?

The Crown Estate is one of the largest property owners in the United Kingdom with a portfolio worth £6.2 billion, with urban properties valued at £4 billion, and rural holdings valued at £972 million; and an annual profit of £210.7 million, as at 15 July 2010 which is paid to HM Treasury Dept.

Only The Queen officially receives direct funding from the Civil List. The Queen's consort (Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh) receives £359,000 per year. The Queen, as Head of State, receives £7,900,000 from the Civil List to defray some of the official expenditure of the Monarchy.

In the Spending Review statement to the House of Commons on 20 October 2010, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, announced that from 2013 the Civil List would be abolished. In its place, "the Royal Household will receive a new Sovereign Support Grant linked to a portion of the revenue of the Crown Estate.

Will be fun playing 'spot the despot' sitting in the posh seats at the abbey. Bahrain's ex torturer in chief will be well to the fore apparantly, along with dictators or their representatives from various vile regimes from around the world. No invite for Mr Blair though. Shame, he would have enjoyed the company.

The confirmed guest list is here http://www.officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April/23/Selected-Guest-List-for-the-Wedding-Service-at-Westminster-Abbey

Who are the dictators and representatives of vile regimes to which you refer? I take it none of the 80 representatives of the couples' chosen charities?

A radio station conducted a survey in Australia some years ago asking people who the lady was in a photo (queen lizy) .From memory i think less than 25% recognised her. The only reason why they still have that silly family is to keep England's miserable economy ticking over'.

Who cares ?

Are you as generous with your comments towards all Britain's benefit scroungers, or just the posh ones?

The Crown Estate is one of the largest property owners in the United Kingdom with a portfolio worth £6.2 billion, with urban properties valued at £4 billion, and rural holdings valued at £972 million; and an annual profit of £210.7 million, as at 15 July 2010 which is paid to HM Treasury Dept.

Only The Queen officially receives direct funding from the Civil List. The Queen's consort (Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh) receives £359,000 per year. The Queen, as Head of State, receives £7,900,000 from the Civil List to defray some of the official expenditure of the Monarchy.

In the Spending Review statement to the House of Commons on 20 October 2010, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, announced that from 2013 the Civil List would be abolished. In its place, "the Royal Household will receive a new Sovereign Support Grant linked to a portion of the revenue of the Crown Estate.

You don't really think the Queen has single-handedly built up the Crown Estate's assets. They belong to the British people, and have been built up over centuries, so it is perfectly right that the Crown Estate's profits go back into the treasury.

If they were self-supporting, out of their own assets, then I'd be very happy.

Will be fun playing 'spot the despot' sitting in the posh seats at the abbey. Bahrain's ex torturer in chief will be well to the fore apparantly, along with dictators or their representatives from various vile regimes from around the world. No invite for Mr Blair though. Shame, he would have enjoyed the company.

The confirmed guest list is here http://www.officialr...stminster-Abbey

Who are the dictators and representatives of vile regimes to which you refer? I take it none of the 80 representatives of the couples' chosen charities?

King Mswati of Swaziland for one.

Political parties and trade unions have been banned in the African nation for almost 40 years, and even his own subjects are angered at the 13-times married King's invitation while a quarter of them live in grinding poverty.

Edited by coxhoedave

Am I the only one who is really not interested in the whole thing?

No, it has been reported that 71% of males in the UK have zero interest in the event (myself included).

You can get the true figures here http://www.ipsos-mor...archy-poll.aspx

A different poll with different results. Living in the UK I'd be staggered if 52% of people expressed an interest as this poll indicates.

The very best wishes to the Royal Couple.

IMO, the British have a royal family to be proud of and the immense interest shown in this event is a testimony to the world's interest.

Next week it will be back to the usual....Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen!

You don't really think the Queen has single-handedly built up the Crown Estate's assets. They belong to the British people, and have been built up over centuries, so it is perfectly right that the Crown Estate's profits go back into the treasury.

If they were self-supporting, out of their own assets, then I'd be very happy.

If I understand it correctly, the Crown Estates were given away in exchange for an income to the Royal family, known as the civil list. This deal was done and dusted centuries ago and nowadays clearly benefits the Treasury, therefore, the UK tax payer.

No, it has been reported that 71% of males in the UK have zero interest in the event (myself included).

You can get the true figures here http://www.ipsos-mor...archy-poll.aspx

A different poll with different results. Living in the UK I'd be staggered if 52% of people expressed an interest as this poll indicates.

Hardly a lack of interest with 2 billion expected television viewers.

Political parties and trade unions have been banned in the African nation for almost 40 years, and even his own subjects are angered at the 13-times married King's invitation while a quarter of them live in grinding poverty.

I admit I'm no expert on Swaziland save for the role their commandos had in the Second Boer War, the AIDS epidemic there and the extreme poverty. I'm sure it must be more than half of the population living in poverty. I thought the Swazi royal family was quite popular in spite of this? Where is your information from?

If I understand it correctly, the Crown Estates were given away in exchange for an income to the Royal family, known as the civil list. This deal was done and dusted centuries ago and nowadays clearly benefits the Treasury, therefore, the UK tax payer.

Something easily forgotten by those who would like President Blair or Beckham!

Off to watch it, bye for now

I admit I'm no expert on Swaziland save for the role their commandos had in the Second Boer War, the AIDS epidemic there and the extreme poverty. I'm sure it must be more than half of the population living in poverty. I thought the Swazi royal family was quite popular in spite of this? Where is your information from?

The Times of India.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-04-26/uk/29474581_1_wedding-kate-middleton-guest

The current protests in Swaziland may disprove your information that the royal family is popular there.

Africa's last Absolute Monarchy uses brute force to subjegate the population.

Weren't most of these wonderful properties previously "appropriated" from the taxpayer during the glorious history we all treasure so much? And how much is the royal protection service costing the txpayer...?

A radio station conducted a survey in Australia some years ago asking people who the lady was in a photo (queen lizy) .From memory i think less than 25% recognised her. The only reason why they still have that silly family is to keep England's miserable economy ticking over'.

Who cares ?

Wasnt there a vote on whether to keep the monarchy or not about 10 years ago in Australia and the majority voted in favour?

De javu perhaps or was it only yesterday that a fuss was being made about one Diana and a proper Charlie, the one who loved the camelion but accepted the advice to keep quiet about his true love for the sake of siring kids for the nation. Job done return to Camelion and talking to trees about carbuncles.

So, having never loved her, we have a state wedding, a bit like this one due today, where Briton's finest morons camp on pavements or glue themselves to TVs or hold stret parties with neighbours they've spent the last two decades fighting over leylandi with and will again come Saturday. Pockets emptied by buying plates with the happy couple on them. Plates that will later rather than sooner see a ham sandwich and a car boot. Muge too. There are a lot of mugs right now.

Kate believes she is destined for this Royal tunnel of love, whereas Diana was just destined for a tunnel. But then I don't expect the morons who worshipped her ever wanted to see that she was little other than a highly manipulative bitch who used the Press to attack the dysfunctional family she was married into. Let's just consider the in laws for a mo then: many of the good ones have died off. Princess Margaret who apparently had a ponchon for shagging any bit of rough she could find, and that included ex-criminals. Good old Philip who would consider all Thais just part of the slanty eyed Chinks he describes the Chinese as. Edward the frightened, no right to wear a uniform, gay embarrassment. Andrew the divorced work shy bumbler. His better half who at least did it for the money [ ask any paying US TV station.] Ann who at least is thankfully like her mother and so does her bit, shuts up and goes home. Harry and Wills who despite trying to be themselves have been sucked into and at least one is to be spat out of the Royal machine and confined to a life time of waving from cars. It's what his right hand is for. Kate's too from today.

Interested? Well it's certainly not interesting unless you've been lobotomised, like reading Jeffrey Archer, voted Tory and believe the Thatcher years were the good old days, coming from Watford you supported Man U claiming to be a life long fan who moved South as a lad when your dad up sticks from his Strafford window cleaning round, changed for Chelsea under Vialli and now claim to be an ardent Man City fan as they are in the Cup Final next month but are considering a quick reversal since the 2-0 against Shalke and Fergie forcing another Euro victory; have a Thai wife who is 'not like that' and you describe her as 'a good one' and explain you met at a fauna and flora demonstration you happened to visit in Chiang Mai and she was also on the coach, you just got talking etc.; and not having met her anywhere near the Mai lu See bar on Soi LK metro after she'd finsihed her pole stint [ the Pole in question being a cocaine selling 27 year old ex-pat ex-con who flogged real estate fronting a Russian mafia money laundering go-go bar scam, where you paid the bar fine but couldn't remember much else about the night other than your clothes were missing and she'd taken everything to laundry but not your wallet to the cleaners, it was love then; spend your days moping around Malls as she does the shopping, drinking coffee which she tops up with coffee mate that she sniffs up her nose, need to lose at least two stone, have bad breath and are basically amoral and cowardly, desiring only to conform, be liked and fit in. So far you've avoided selling your mother's house to pay for the life style but are making enquiries as her birthday is coming up.

Hence, no BBC TV for at least 48 hours and even then only turn on for the football.

I'd rather eat som tam poo parah and spend the night vomiting than be force fed mindless banal commentary describing flags, horses, crowds, the dress and cheering. It is a meaningless nothingness that satisfies the hungry and need only of the hungry and needy. Do I know who Jordan is? No. Do I care about who is seeing Rhiana? No. Do I need to know 25 cars that stars drive? No. Do I follow the East Enders star who wants to be in Corrie [ what is a Corrie] ? No. I have heard of the North star but couldn't point it out.

In short, if your life is so empty it needs filling with celebrity pap, mindless dross, sugar coated fawning, adoration and psychofantic action - then try twisting the top off a large bottle of valium along with that of scotch, taking a razor to a vein or a step off the balcony ala Pattaya style . Better to end it then.

To borrow a line .................................. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. Rusty ones with barbs.

Get the picture?

De javu perhaps or was it only yesterday that a fuss was being made about one Diana and a proper Charlie, the one who loved the camelion but accepted the advice to keep quiet about his true love for the sake of siring kids for the nation. Job done return to Camelion and talking to trees about carbuncles.

etc etc etc

Get the picture?

Come on Housepainter get off that fence and tell us what you really think. :D

A radio station conducted a survey in Australia some years ago asking people who the lady was in a photo (queen lizy) .From memory i think less than 25% recognised her.

That just shows how thick Australians are as they dont know who the women on much of their currency is, thanks for confirming how dumb the average Aussie is!