Witness History As Prince William Ties The Knot With Kate Middleton

george

Am I the only one who is really not interested in the whole thing?

De javu perhaps or was it only yesterday that a fuss was being made about one Diana and a proper Charlie, the one who loved the camelion but accepted the advice to keep quiet about his true love for the sake of siring kids for the nation. Job done return to Camelion and talking to trees about carbuncles.

So, having never loved her, we have a state wedding, a bit like this one due today, where Briton's finest morons camp on pavements or glue themselves to TVs or hold stret parties with neighbours they've spent the last two decades fighting over leylandi with and will again come Saturday. Pockets emptied by buying plates with the happy couple on them. Plates that will later rather than sooner see a ham sandwich and a car boot. Muge too. There are a lot of mugs right now.

Kate believes she is destined for this Royal tunnel of love, whereas Diana was just destined for a tunnel. But then I don't expect the morons who worshipped her ever wanted to see that she was little other than a highly manipulative bitch who used the Press to attack the dysfunctional family she was married into. Let's just consider the in laws for a mo then: many of the good ones have died off. Princess Margaret who apparently had a ponchon for shagging any bit of rough she could find, and that included ex-criminals. Good old Philip who would consider all Thais just part of the slanty eyed Chinks he describes the Chinese as. Edward the frightened, no right to wear a uniform, gay embarrassment. Andrew the divorced work shy bumbler. His better half who at least did it for the money [ ask any paying US TV station.] Ann who at least is thankfully like her mother and so does her bit, shuts up and goes home. Harry and Wills who despite trying to be themselves have been sucked into and at least one is to be spat out of the Royal machine and confined to a life time of waving from cars. It's what his right hand is for. Kate's too from today.

Interested? Well it's certainly not interesting unless you've been lobotomised, like reading Jeffrey Archer, voted Tory and believe the Thatcher years were the good old days, coming from Watford you supported Man U claiming to be a life long fan who moved South as a lad when your dad up sticks from his Strafford window cleaning round, changed for Chelsea under Vialli and now claim to be an ardent Man City fan as they are in the Cup Final next month but are considering a quick reversal since the 2-0 against Shalke and Fergie forcing another Euro victory; have a Thai wife who is 'not like that' and you describe her as 'a good one' and explain you met at a fauna and flora demonstration you happened to visit in Chiang Mai and she was also on the coach, you just got talking etc.; and not having met her anywhere near the Mai lu See bar on Soi LK metro after she'd finsihed her pole stint [ the Pole in question being a cocaine selling 27 year old ex-pat ex-con who flogged real estate fronting a Russian mafia money laundering go-go bar scam, where you paid the bar fine but couldn't remember much else about the night other than your clothes were missing and she'd taken everything to laundry but not your wallet to the cleaners, it was love then; spend your days moping around Malls as she does the shopping, drinking coffee which she tops up with coffee mate that she sniffs up her nose, need to lose at least two stone, have bad breath and are basically amoral and cowardly, desiring only to conform, be liked and fit in. So far you've avoided selling your mother's house to pay for the life style but are making enquiries as her birthday is coming up.

Hence, no BBC TV for at least 48 hours and even then only turn on for the football.

I'd rather eat som tam poo parah and spend the night vomiting than be force fed mindless banal commentary describing flags, horses, crowds, the dress and cheering. It is a meaningless nothingness that satisfies the hungry and need only of the hungry and needy. Do I know who Jordan is? No. Do I care about who is seeing Rhiana? No. Do I need to know 25 cars that stars drive? No. Do I follow the East Enders star who wants to be in Corrie [ what is a Corrie] ? No. I have heard of the North star but couldn't point it out.

In short, if your life is so empty it needs filling with celebrity pap, mindless dross, sugar coated fawning, adoration and psychofantic action - then try twisting the top off a large bottle of valium along with that of scotch, taking a razor to a vein or a step off the balcony ala Pattaya style . Better to end it then.

To borrow a line .................................. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. Rusty ones with barbs.

Get the picture?

A man after my own heart. No street parties around my neck of the woods. Mind you wait till Maggie shuffles off this mortal coil, now THAT will be one gig worth going to !!!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

De javu perhaps or was it only yesterday that a fuss was being made about one Diana and a proper Charlie, the one who loved the camelion but accepted the advice to keep quiet about his true love for the sake of siring kids for the nation. Job done return to Camelion and talking to trees about carbuncles.

So, having never loved her, we have a state wedding, a bit like this one due today, where Briton's finest morons camp on pavements or glue themselves to TVs or hold stret parties with neighbours they've spent the last two decades fighting over leylandi with and will again come Saturday. Pockets emptied by buying plates with the happy couple on them. Plates that will later rather than sooner see a ham sandwich and a car boot. Muge too. There are a lot of mugs right now.

Kate believes she is destined for this Royal tunnel of love, whereas Diana was just destined for a tunnel. But then I don't expect the morons who worshipped her ever wanted to see that she was little other than a highly manipulative bitch who used the Press to attack the dysfunctional family she was married into. Let's just consider the in laws for a mo then: many of the good ones have died off. Princess Margaret who apparently had a ponchon for shagging any bit of rough she could find, and that included ex-criminals. Good old Philip who would consider all Thais just part of the slanty eyed Chinks he describes the Chinese as. Edward the frightened, no right to wear a uniform, gay embarrassment. Andrew the divorced work shy bumbler. His better half who at least did it for the money [ ask any paying US TV station.] Ann who at least is thankfully like her mother and so does her bit, shuts up and goes home. Harry and Wills who despite trying to be themselves have been sucked into and at least one is to be spat out of the Royal machine and confined to a life time of waving from cars. It's what his right hand is for. Kate's too from today.

Interested? Well it's certainly not interesting unless you've been lobotomised, like reading Jeffrey Archer, voted Tory and believe the Thatcher years were the good old days, coming from Watford you supported Man U claiming to be a life long fan who moved South as a lad when your dad up sticks from his Strafford window cleaning round, changed for Chelsea under Vialli and now claim to be an ardent Man City fan as they are in the Cup Final next month but are considering a quick reversal since the 2-0 against Shalke and Fergie forcing another Euro victory; have a Thai wife who is 'not like that' and you describe her as 'a good one' and explain you met at a fauna and flora demonstration you happened to visit in Chiang Mai and she was also on the coach, you just got talking etc.; and not having met her anywhere near the Mai lu See bar on Soi LK metro after she'd finsihed her pole stint [ the Pole in question being a cocaine selling 27 year old ex-pat ex-con who flogged real estate fronting a Russian mafia money laundering go-go bar scam, where you paid the bar fine but couldn't remember much else about the night other than your clothes were missing and she'd taken everything to laundry but not your wallet to the cleaners, it was love then; spend your days moping around Malls as she does the shopping, drinking coffee which she tops up with coffee mate that she sniffs up her nose, need to lose at least two stone, have bad breath and are basically amoral and cowardly, desiring only to conform, be liked and fit in. So far you've avoided selling your mother's house to pay for the life style but are making enquiries as her birthday is coming up.

Hence, no BBC TV for at least 48 hours and even then only turn on for the football.

I'd rather eat som tam poo parah and spend the night vomiting than be force fed mindless banal commentary describing flags, horses, crowds, the dress and cheering. It is a meaningless nothingness that satisfies the hungry and need only of the hungry and needy. Do I know who Jordan is? No. Do I care about who is seeing Rhiana? No. Do I need to know 25 cars that stars drive? No. Do I follow the East Enders star who wants to be in Corrie [ what is a Corrie] ? No. I have heard of the North star but couldn't point it out.

In short, if your life is so empty it needs filling with celebrity pap, mindless dross, sugar coated fawning, adoration and psychofantic action - then try twisting the top off a large bottle of valium along with that of scotch, taking a razor to a vein or a step off the balcony ala Pattaya style . Better to end it then.

To borrow a line .................................. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. Rusty ones with barbs.

Get the picture?

Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is attending the event which you have such a dim view of.

The current protests in Swaziland may disprove your information that the royal family is popular there.

Africa's last Absolute Monarchy uses brute force to subjegate the population.

The last I heard about him, granted some decades ago, was that he wears leopard skins and has many wives. A bloke like that can't be all bad!

Maybe he will liven things up at the wedding!

Edited by rogerdee123

Big crowd watching the wedding in the Marriott lounge at the moment.

I just saw a british lass wearing a sari scarf down a mini Marriott burger without chewing it up.

These royal weddings seem to bring out the animal in the Brits and their former subjects.

Get the picture?

Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn is attending the event which you have such a dim view of.

So are lots of other respectable people but what on earth has that got to do with his post?

Just finished watching four or so hours of it on the BBC, loved every minute of it - thought the BBC did a great job and thought the service et al was very tastefully done. Anyone who watched it and failed to be impressed/moved by the sense of tradition and history needs therapy.

Absolutely amazing how many people have given up their time to participate in a thread which they say they have absolutely interest in and is both boring and non-eventful. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious! :cheesy:

If only you could see yourselves as others reading this can see you, which is monotonous to the extreem.

If you have nothing better to do with your time than login to a forum and make comments on topics that arose no interest in you, then god only knows what you do when you've really got nothing to do or nowhere to go ;)

I wish Prince William and Kate Middleton all the very best on this very special day.

Aitch

Absolutely amazing how many people have given up their time to participate in a thread which they say they have absolutely interest in and is both boring and non-eventful. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious! :cheesy:

If only you could see yourselves as others reading this can see you, which is monotonous to the extreem.

If you have nothing better to do with your time than login to a forum and make comments on topics that arose no interest in you, then god only knows what you do when you've really got nothing to do or nowhere to go ;)

I wish Prince William and Kate Middleton all the very best on this very special day.

Aitch

Thank you Drew Aitch for joining us and participating in this thread with us. :jap:

The whole event does stir some residual national pride. Best wishes to them both and I hope the weather stays good too!

Maybe for the Brits but we Aussies blokes couldn't really care less about a couple of people on the other side of the world getting married. We will still be watching the Aussie footy. I wouldn't have even been at my own wedding if I didn't have to.

According to the news reports the Australian "tune in" numbers were astonishing, the numbers of people tuning into watch the royal wedding meant that Friday night football watching numbers were resigned to last place, really!

Probably makes me more patriotic watching it while living in a foreign country than it would do living back home.Not many countries can do this sort of ceremony better than the British.

That would depend on what you call better. Watching the pair being married in an Anglican Church and sitting through half a dozen prayers and choir numbers gets a bit tedious. If I could hear William thinking I'm sure he would have been saying something like: "Oh my God - when is this going to end?".

"...and they lived happily ever after." - just like a childhood story.

Hope the royal newly weds have a long and happy marriage, and friends across blighty as well as expats abroad enjoy the celebrations on this historic day - best wishes from the Irish republic.

Probably makes me more patriotic watching it while living in a foreign country than it would do living back home.Not many countries can do this sort of ceremony better than the British.

Totally agree, popped down for a few tinny's at the local shop and surprised to see a bunch of Thai ladies young and old watching Channel 7's live coverage.

Did spot a certain celebrity footballer wearing his gong on the wrong side of his attire, surprised one of the Sgt Majors did'nt have a word.

Edited by phutoie2

The whole event does stir some residual national pride. Best wishes to them both and I hope the weather stays good too!

Maybe for the Brits but we Aussies blokes couldn't really care less about a couple of people on the other side of the world getting married. We will still be watching the Aussie footy. I wouldn't have even been at my own wedding if I didn't have to.

According to the news reports the Australian "tune in" numbers were astonishing, the numbers of people tuning into watch the royal wedding meant that Friday night football watching numbers were resigned to last place, really!

Like I said Aussie blokes don't grab a box tissues and sit around watching people getting married having a cry over true love. T,V sets tuned in maybe with women sitting around crying but the blokes would have been out in the shed with a slab tuned into the radio listening to the footy. The wedding of a couple of british people was screened on every bloody channel giving people absolutely no choice so I guess the figures of women watching were high. The only guys watching would have been doing it out of duress. Thank god for satellite T.V where we could watch Football. It was just two people getting married nothing interesting or entertaining.

Get the picture?

A man after my own heart. No street parties around my neck of the woods. Mind you wait till Maggie shuffles off this mortal coil, now THAT will be one gig worth going to !!!

Are you implying that the death of Margaret Thatcher will be a major event? (Gig, as you say.)

A radio station conducted a survey in Australia some years ago asking people who the lady was in a photo (queen lizy) .From memory i think less than 25% recognised her.

That just shows how thick Australians are as they dont know who the women on much of their currency is, thanks for confirming how dumb the average Aussie is!

25% of Australians are immigrants. Fact.

Like I said Aussie blokes don't grab a box tissues and sit around watching people getting married having a cry over true love. T,V sets tuned in maybe with women sitting around crying but the blokes would have been out in the shed with a slab tuned into the radio listening to the footy. The wedding of a couple of british people was screened on every bloody channel giving people absolutely no choice so I guess the figures of women watching were high. The only guys watching would have been doing it out of duress. Thank god for satellite T.V where we could watch Football. It was just two people getting married nothing interesting or entertaining.

So their the farangs I see carrying clubs around with them in Thailand,Softgeorge.;)

Aitch

Just because I am not interested in watching does not mean I am disinterested in what others think,including you.I hope you enjoyed it and wish you well.

25% of Australians are immigrants. Fact.

If you're talking about the number of people living in Australian who were born overseas then the important info would be how many of them are British.

Thought the Church missed a trick there, could have sold a lot of popcorn, choc ices and Kia Ora with them folks hanging around for the show to get going! Go to admit though, we do do that sort of thing very well dont we and everyone happy, well behaved, a good day for all. I did like, as obviously did the royals did too, another chance to see the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane out and about over London reminding us all how much everyone owes to them, the world would be a very different place without what they and their pilots achieved. This day would not, for instance be possible.

Just finished watching four or so hours of it on the BBC, loved every minute of it - thought the BBC did a great job and thought the service et al was very tastefully done. Anyone who watched it and failed to be impressed/moved by the sense of tradition and history needs therapy.

+1 me too!

Conjures up mental images of the stereotype Aussie male that are just too funny.

Wasnt there a vote on whether to keep the monarchy or not about 10 years ago in Australia and the majority voted in favour?

It's not that simple. The 'republic' referendum was a loaded proposal that politicians saw as an irresistible opportunity to grab more power. The majority of Australians probably want a republic, but they weren't going to let the politicians off their chains in exchange. People like to complain about the monarchy but fact is the system of government works, and works well.

Simple republic solution: Write the Queen out of the constitution and keep the Governor General as head of state, and everyone's powers exactly the same. We don't need to entertain silly proposals like "lets get rid of the senate".

So their the farangs I see carrying clubs around with them in Thailand,Softgeorge.;)

No they are the ones who aren't sitting around with a hand full of tissues crying thier eyes out commenting on how beautiful the bride looks, discussing her makeup and dress. They are the ones that don't get bitchy and comment on how the guests are dressed and her hat doesn't match are why did she wear that. Crying saying she is so lucky and it should have been me marrying Bill and wish they were princesses.;)

And whether you agree with Royalty or not, as a spectacle no-one does it quite like the Brits.

Haven't looked, but if I had the show would let even me forget reality for a moment I guess. Like the border clash, coming general election and other minor issues. Bread and games for the plebs to keep them happy :ermm: