Suctioning Out Impacted Earwax In Pattaya

Jingthing

As said before warmed olive oil is the best way to start. Use this daily for 3-4 days. Even if it doesn't shift the wax it will have softened it. Then have it suctioned out is the best way.

The alternative is to have it syringed out simply having warm water flushed inside the ear. Trouble with the manual method is controlling the water pressure as too much can cause a perforation. There are machines for doing this which use a constant pressure for this reason.

Anything else is to be avoided imo.

I have a rubber suction thingy that I use, like a round bulb end with a kneck, first I head some water in a bowl and add a little salt, I then use a cotton bud to get the lumps out

then squirt the warm water into my ear, warm water disolves the wax very quickly, then leave for about 30mins and do again, all clear and clean after that

Hi . The hospital at Siracha Samativ i think its called has a lady doc who speaks english and does a good job of sucking out blockages.

I have because of regular ear infections in my 20 s had my eardums operated on and for the for the last 40 years had to have the ears cleaned out by a doctor. they cant use water as this goes straight nown my throat (cover of drum removed) so every six month i put

almond oil 3drops in each ear (recomended by the consultant after the opps) and wait a week then visit the doc to suck out.. dont allow anyone to poke about in there get it done right ,a lot of painfull damage can be done in the ears . I cant remember the cost of doing here

but if it had been excesive i would have remembered. Hope This helps Regards :rolleyes: Pete

After many years of going to my GP in the UK to have my ears flushed out (having used oil for a few days), a nurse finally mentioned that it helps just to point your ears up to the shower head every time you have a warm shower. Never had to go back again or use oil. Simple free maintenance.

My friend here in Pattaya had a bad case of hard wax buildup in both ears. One side got infected and he went to one of the Pattaya hospitals. They had problems cleaning becase wax was sooo hard, it was painful. The doc at last gave him a shot in the ear(I dont know exact location in ear). Then cleaned the ear. Still had pain a week later but two weeks was as good as new.

Not something I want to go through. So keep that hard wax from forming.

About 7 Years ago, I went stone deaf in one ear, went along to Banglamung Hospital, they syringed warm water into my ears, and then I had to tilt my head over a bowl for it all to run out, the bowl was pretty full of earwax when finished.

The total bill was 200bt and I have never had any problems since.

As the nurse was syringing the warm water into my ears, it felt pretty good actually, i could have fallen asleep ha ha.

Like I say, this was 7 years ago, maybe they have a machine nowadays, but nevertheless, it sorted my problem out and i was glad i never went to the other Hospitals, as it would have probably cost me a fortune.

Good luck with it Jing.

My friend here in Pattaya had a bad case of hard wax buildup in both ears. One side got infected and he went to one of the Pattaya hospitals. They had problems cleaning becase wax was sooo hard, it was painful. The doc at last gave him a shot in the ear(I dont know exact location in ear). Then cleaned the ear. Still had pain a week later but two weeks was as good as new.

Not something I want to go through. So keep that hard wax from forming.

They really should have softened it first if it was that painful.

I have never had this before, so was in panic mode when I woke up on Monday morning and could not hear in my right ear. The sensation was really weird also, felt off balance and seriously distracted.

Went to the nearest hospital to where I was staying which was the Memorial, and they did the suction thing, quick and painless, for 950 baht. That was only one ear, the other was 'clear' apparently - must have lopsided wax glands :unsure:

Next time if I need it, I will avoid BPH. Silly me. Ideally I don't think it is great to need a hospital to maintain the wax but I am still unclear on exactly what I should do to prevent a repeat.

Next time if I need it, I will avoid BPH. Silly me. Ideally I don't think it is great to need a hospital to maintain the wax but I am still unclear on exactly what I should do to prevent a repeat.

Simply cleaning your outer ears thoroughly each time you shower should be enough. If this isn't enough then use the oil every few weeks.

Simply cleaning your outer ears thoroughly each time you shower should be enough. If this isn't enough then use the oil every few weeks.

Thanks. Could you define outer ear. I am dense that way.

Thanks. Could you define outer ear. I am dense that way.

Simplest way is any part your thumb will fit into easily. Clean out thoroughly and you won't have a problem. Don't stick anything any further into your ear under any circumstances....you'll only make matters worse.

Edit: Corrected. ;)

Edited by smokie36