Slimming Or Fat Reduction Pills

The Nemi

Would you advice people to take slimming pills for flab reduction ??  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slimming pills in Thailand?

On one flight from Tokyo, a nice Thai lady was sitting next to me and we engaged in conversation for 6 hours.

She had her own business, called herself a "dietician".

When we disembarked and the bags started arriving - she had no bags. She had 4 boxes, an average TV would fit in each of them - full of slimming pills. Suddenly, she lost interest in talking any more, became worried and almost scared. She had to take the pills through the customs and she was probably worried about how much bribe she will have to pay.

A month later, while roaming around supermarket (Jusco) in Japan, I noticed a variety of slimming pills available to anyone, at about 150-300B per jar.

I suspect those harmless cheap pills are repackaged and sold with 15,000B "slimming programmers".

Hi all,

I am sure some of the slimming pills are actually amphetamines.

Have a friend that takes them so once in a while.

When she takes she is so active, sleeps only 2 hours a day and talks 22 hours a day. When she stops after a week or so she is back to normal but they do help she looses about 3 kilo a week If you wanna use be sure about the strenght they go from 1 to 10 I believe. If you wanna take for the first time just start with 2 or 3 and drink lots of water.

Kind regards,

Alex

I think what you are talking about is called 'Yaabaa' , they also make you hallucinate , but are addictve , many 'Ladies' use them .

• 2 weeks later...

Taking pills to lose weight is like wearing shoes to make you smarter.

When you lose weight on a crash diet (pills included), it only shrinks the size of your existing fat cells. Crash diets are responsible for weight GAIN over the long term.

It's amazing people want to eat what they want but don't like the accountability of looking in the mirror; only interested in making the tongue happy- all other bets are off.

Ever see a prisoner of war victim fat? Nope, because they didn't get fed much food! Healthy diet doesn't mean eating more of anything. Small portions is all it takes (it's not rocket science). If I want to lose weight, I do it. Period. It's up to me and not up to when I feel like eating. If I'm tired, I drink a coffee (tough crap with what my body wants if I'm losing weight). 18 months at my target weight and the fat cells actually go away (not temporarily shrink).

All the rest is marketing, fluff and laziness versus the old fashion: If you put less in your body, you'll lose weight! It's so easy, everyone's hedonistic desires kick in blowing any sense of fact or reality out the window...sure, take a pill and lose weight (but not lose FAT).

Anyone can lose WEIGHT, it's harder to permanently lose mass but if your mind is more powerful than your feelings (most overweight eat to feelings--happy, eat....bored, eat...sad, eat). Take the feelings out of it and forget about taste (trade in a hedonistic behavior for a healthy one), then weight loss is simple and easy. It's only a matter of those willing to listen to the simplest form of common sense. In my country, most the women are fat and sloppy looking. No one seems to take care of their bodies anymore yet the attitude demands perfection (it seems) which is why I went East for a wife.

Asians tend to be thinner because they eat less processed crap. Many don't like farang food because it's too heavy. I lose weight every time I go to Thailand (and I need to gain just a little) but I'm doing that through exercise (muscle weighs more than fat).

Maybe they should sell a reality pill that convinces people if they shove less food into their pie hole, they'll surely lose weight (genetics, ethnicity, etc have nothing to do with it-everyone can be as thin as they want, only if they want).

It's like the most idiotic mystery game being played by the obese...."how to lose weight" gee, haven't figured that out? Less food in, less size in the mirror (and people get their doctorate degrees and make millions off of this one simple thought)? I know an impoverished family who could use the money...eat less food, don't buy pills or join stupid programs and I'll send the extra money to those who REALLY need it.

Common sense has gone out the window. Can't have your cake and eat it, too (I learned to hate cake...sugar laden worthless crap that makes me feel like a slug afterward). It's not difficult at all to eat less (poor people do it all the time)! Maybe if the wealthy perplexed fatties give their money away, they won't have enough to spend on trying to reinvent a law of nature (less food in, less size) and stop trying to rationalize, over think and lie to themselves and everyone else pretending it's some complicated problem that baffles some of the most advaced societies! Fat Americans who are known worldwide for total loss common sense; laughed at..."How can I lose weight?...(while shoveling oversized meals into their mouths)... Wow, it must he you're "big boned" or genetics or some other complicated explanation to hide the fact that more food is shoveled in but you're getting fatter? How perplexing!

It's unbelievable the time and money wasted on this fat problem when all this zero- common sense money- could be used to help truly poor people (versus those poor in neurons and common sense). Take a pill to lose weight? Reality check anyone?

Edited by HYENA

Looks like big company marketing has taken all common sense out of 25% of what would seem to be intelligent rational thinkers (what would SEEM to be).

Crack and opium can make you lose weight for sure. You can get both easily in Cambodia. Smuggling into Thailand is easy (although the consequences are steep, if you're lacking common sense, go ahead and bring some opiates in country)!

Try trading the food addiction for a real one (it's about as reasonable as a pill to lose weight)!

Any intelligent queries on TV? It seems people are seeking a pill to cure common sense...

Edited by HYENA

4 - Xenical (Orlistat) works by decreasing the absorption of fat from the intestine. Since its action is b asically local rather than systemic it's safety margin is good; under another name has been approved for over the counter sale in the US.

That would be Alli, winner of the Bitter Pill award. Here's my favorite part of the write up:

Side Effects: Alli has a number of unpleasant and disgusting side effects associated with it, including diarrhea, oily spotting, oily stools, flatulence with discharge, and fecal urgency. The marketing book tie-in, Are you Losing It? “advises alli users to wear dark clothing and keep a change of clothes handy until they know how the drug will affect them.”

You can read the whole article here

Just started on Xenical for the last week. There are "lose stools" but no major issues. As far as I've read the problems above only occur when you eat fatty food which the body (gut) then has to get rid of.

Have lost some weight, but have also changed my eating habits and now try to stick to a low fat diet - no biscuits, crisps, sweets, chocolate or beer for a whole week! :o

Will tell you in a month how I've got on.

RAZZ

P.S. Also, started back down the gym :D

Hey guys,

I have heard abt the locals taking a lot of slimming pills.......is it true ??

If it is...is it safe (it cannot be 100% safe) ??

Can anyone give suggestion ??

Which Brand ??

Approximately what will be the cost for one dose ??

:o Not a good idea to take "slimming pills". Many are simply water loss pills. You may seem to lose "weight" at first but it is simply water loss through dehydration. After a few days, the weight loss will stop because your body has lost it's water reserve storage. Drink another couple of glasses of water and all your "weight loss" disappears.

Other tablets simply "speed up" your metabolisim. They are really nothing but "speed" pills and just leave you hyper and edgy. Also they can be quite dangerous (even addictive) in long term use.

I'm sure there are all kinds of claims that this pill or that pill will help you lose weight. The truth is that only lifestyle modification, i.e. a lower calorie intake and more exercise, will give you a long term weight loss. And that process is hard work.

All in all, pills are a waste of money at best, and actually can be dangerous in long term use.

:D

• 1 month later...

IMaF: the medication he is taking is Xenical, which is not a diuretic. It is an FDA approved drug which works by partially blocking absorption of fat from the intestine.

That being its mode of action, it has the most effect for people whode fat intake was relatively high. I've used it with no effect at all, but then my normal diet is very low in fat, being a vegetarian; its carbs that are my undoing.

RAZZ, to have lsot this much on Xenical (assuming your diet otheriwse was more or less the same) your diet must be high in fat indeed. You're going to either have to keep taking it forever or make some permanaent changes to your diet, otherwise it'll come back on when you stop.....

IMaF: the medication he is taking is Xenical, which is not a diuretic. It is an FDA approved drug which works by partially blocking absorption of fat from the intestine.

That being its mode of action, it has the most effect for people whode fat intake was relatively high. I've used it with no effect at all, but then my normal diet is very low in fat, being a vegetarian; its carbs that are my undoing.

RAZZ, to have lsot this much on Xenical (assuming your diet otheriwse was more or less the same) your diet must be high in fat indeed. You're going to either have to keep taking it forever or make some permanaent changes to your diet, otherwise it'll come back on when you stop.....

My diet was not particularly bad....My weight gain was mainly due to a lack of exercise. I do binge drink at the weekend and have been trying to cut that down too :o

I've also been going to the gym about 3 times a week. I have bought a steamer and have been eating fresh vegetables, fish etc etc etc

I'm off to the gym :D

RAZZ

• 1 month later...

Well,

I used be pretty slim or rather on the skinny side until I was prescribed Cortisone by Thai doctor 2 years ago when I developed Alopecia Areata, autoimmune disease.

However my case was stress related and there was no need to prescribe such strong medicine rather than random shots around bare scalp.

I have stopped the medicine after 2 months. Since then I gained about 17 kilos and never been able to shake it off no matter I what I did.

I've done intensive yoga exercise 3-4 times a week combined with diet for 3.5 months and didn't shed a single kilo.

I don't necessarily overeat but maybe lack of exercise now.

So Now I wanna try these miracle pills...

Can anyone tell me where can I get these pills for some kick start weight loss?

• 1 month later...

I gave up smoking 6 months ago and stacked on 12 kilos. I'm eating (and drinking) less and exercising much more. But the weight won't budge. The Duramide pill I've read about sounds interesting. Someone mentioned it's expensive. How expensive is it?

I went to see a doctor at a local clinic. I just told him I'd quit smoking 6 months ago stacked on the weight and I'm having trouble losing the extra kilos. He stood me on the scales, took my blood pressure and gave me a mixed bag of pills. 2 weeks supply for 340 Baht. I gotta see him again in two weeks. I'm not real sure what the pills are though. :o

1/2 hour before lunch I take; 1 small white and yellow capsule; 1/2 a light orange round shaped tablet; 1 white round shaped tablet:

For bed time I get; 1 blue round tablet with a V stamped into it; an optional laxative thats orange and round.

I've taken the lunch time pills already. They've got a slight speedy feel to them. I'm pretty sure one of them is a stimulant.

Let's see how much weight I lose!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the doctor. According to his scales I've lost 3.5Kg (7.7lb)

My fancy body fat scales say 3Kg and a loss of 1.1% body fat.

Not bad for two weeks I guess.

and apparently the pills are Phentermine and Sibutramine. Similar to amphetamines but not quite the same.

• 2 months later...

Lots of sensible replies on this thread..

To relate a story regarding slimming tabs and my Mrs, as with a lot of Thai women, my Mrs was always taking various pills and potions etc and must have been on at least 80% of the products mentioned on this thread and most likely spent thousands.

Said pills and potions worked for a while and then the weight went back on, or the effects of the pills and potions would cease...On each occassion when this happened my comment was, you wouldnt need any of these if you do some excercise and eat properly ie cut down on rice, etc etc...a bit of a lifestyle change nothing dramatic..

After 3 years of this going on, finally convinced her to go the gym with me, and halve the quantity of food she was eating (ie Rice) and get more fruit in veggies in her diet, nothing drastic, also convinced her that if she did this monday to Friday and at weekends, eat what she wanted....over a period of 6 months, the weight came off and stayed off and now cant keep her out the gym, she herself is amazed how making slight changes to eating habits and a bit of expercise has took the weight off and kept it off and the results have far exceeded anything she had previously managed by diet pills alone.

In most cases people are using slimming medication as an attempt at a quick fix by people who dont really need to be taking slimming medication, granted there are cases where for medical reasons, slimming medication is required, but in most cases eating correctly and doing some excercise gives you the results