Car Vandalism

gravion

yes dont u love it when peeps see their tyres slashed and one whole side of the car panel got scratched with a fruit knife?

im assuming it wont be covered by insurance?

i have seen couple of these examples at this big expensive apt complex (Lumpini to be exact)

So what causes them to be the victims of these attacks?

Cheerios

In my observation the owner of the vandalized vehicle are probably just a figurehead to the little sh t heads who lust after what others have, knowing they will never get same, other than thru theft. They do not have the balls to be a thief, so they use the cover of darkness to vandalize what others have.

I had the pleasure of catching one of these sh.t for brains one time, it had been an ongoing problem, in a Wat paid for parking area. He ran like a scalded cat, I told the locals who I had saw and what he was doing, when he came back to his shop, they were waiting for him. He moved out of the area within a weekend.

It's got to be the most cowardly aspect of Thai people that I can think of, they don't want you to park somewhere or they decide that they don't like you for whatever reason so they secretly and anonymously scratch your car and almost certainly smile at you five seconds later.

It's got to be the most cowardly aspect of Thai people that I can think of, they don't want you to park somewhere or they decide that they don't like you for whatever reason so they secretly and anonymously scratch your car and almost certainly smile at you five seconds later.

Car vandalism is not a Thai thing. Its something that happens all over the world.

Car vandalism is not a Thai thing. Its something that happens all over the world.

In some places in certain Farang countries if you don't pay the local thugs to 'protect' your vehicle it will certainly be vandalised.

actually i was planning an attack on this shitty rude dudes 2nd hand corolla.

cause he was pumping bass this morning...

but this apt complex got cctv camera... so i goota throw rocks or something from the distnace, good timing would be on rainy days.

:jap: lucky i dont own a car or motosai... weeeheeeheee, i actually wanna stab the tyres, cause it has immediate effect. i might see his corolla park at big c somewhere nah im kidding folks...

It's uniquely a Thai trait, in the tourist areas especially. When my other half used to work for a hotel in Patong Beach I would take her to work and pick her up each day, invariably I would spend half an hour hanging around the beach whilst waiting for her. All the taxi drivers, shop owners etc in the area know me and knew why I was there yet my car would get keyed on average once a month, typically by someone who thought that all the parking spaces on the beach were for Thai's and not a farang interloper - despite my best attempts I never managed to catch anyone in the act but the message was loudly received. Odd that nobody was ever prepared to approach me and say, "don't park here", but not too surprising.

Yes, so true, silly post for certain..

It's uniquely a Thai trait, in the tourist areas especially. When my other half used to work for a hotel in Patong Beach I would take her to work and pick her up each day, invariably I would spend half an hour hanging around the beach whilst waiting for her. All the taxi drivers, shop owners etc in the area know me and knew why I was there yet my car would get keyed on average once a month, typically by someone who thought that all the parking spaces on the beach were for Thai's and not a farang interloper - despite my best attempts I never managed to catch anyone in the act but the message was loudly received. Odd that nobody was ever prepared to approach me and say, "don't park here", but not too surprising.

That's bad luck for you but how does that make it "uniquely a Thai trait"? Have you lived your life mostly under a rock? Car vandalism is in no way a "uniquely Thai trait".. There's a lot of blame for some Thai behaviors that are not of the highest morals like the tendency to gang bang anyone they deem worthy at any given moment but car vandalism isn't one of those..

That's bad luck for you but how does that make it "uniquely a Thai trait"? Have you lived your life mostly under a rock? Car vandalism is in no way a "uniquely Thai trait".. There's a lot of blame for some Thai behaviors that are not of the highest morals like the tendency to gang bang anyone they deem worthy at any given moment but car vandalism isn't one of those..

In general terms, Western teens (plus) key cars out of maliciousness and envy, Thai's in tourist areas do it for territorial reasons and because they are afraid to confront the individual.

but this apt complex got cctv camera... so i goota throw rocks or something from the distnace, good timing would be on rainy days.

:jap: lucky i dont own a car or motosai... weeeheeeheee, i actually wanna stab the tyres, cause it has immediate effect. i might see his corolla park at big c somewhere nah im kidding folks...

Yes, Gravion, I think it is lucky for all of us that you do not own a car.

Well, of course. Most would be jumping the assumption gun as this situation reflects. Not limited to one-sided stories.I'm finding the ignorant and mindless retorts and commentary to be akin to the usual braindead contributions.

Edited by zzaa09

+ 1

A French customer recently told me the French government has ordered the media to stop reporting about burned car as there was competition going on between city to know which city was able to burn the more cars in one night., the city with the most tv coverage the winner !

In general terms, Western teens (plus) key cars out of maliciousness and envy, Thai's in tourist areas do it for territorial reasons and because they are afraid to confront the individual.

Like you said that's all in terms of generalizations..

Yes, Gravion, I think it is lucky for all of us that you do not own a car.

I think he had a topic about where to renew his DL. :rolleyes:

True.

Where I come from it is usually the work of kids or the mentally ill. I don't think Thailand is any different.

maybe explains why i used to do it - i was mentally ill as a kid.

Some would claim you still are....:ph34r:

Quoting the OP "yes dont u love it when peeps see their tyres slashed and one whole side of the car panel got scratched with a fruit knife?

im assuming it wont be covered by insurance?"

Don't assume too quickly insurance wont pay, especially when it happens the first time . Once when I took out a car insurance, I inquired if they would also pay if when drunk I would drive the car against a tree. The answer was yes. Never put it to the test though.

Quoting the OP "yes dont u love it when peeps see their tyres slashed and one whole side of the car panel got scratched with a fruit knife?

im assuming it wont be covered by insurance?"

Don't assume too quickly insurance wont pay, especially when it happens the first time . Once when I took out a car insurance, I inquired if they would also pay if when drunk I would drive the car against a tree. The answer was yes. Never put it to the test though.

1st Class insurance will pay for this type of damage to your property.