Getting An International Driving Licence In Uk

There isn't one. at least not in the UK or any country I've lived in.

All you can get is a 12 month thing that is basically a translation of your local licence for using elsewhere.

One year in UK. Issued at only a few main post offices, l believe in conjunction with the AA.

Google Post office, International Driving License.

Got one years ago just of St. Martin's Lane in London. :)

Assuming your talking about driving in Thailand your UK license is valid for 6months with a International driving permit.

An international driving permit is a formal document issued to visitors to another country which translates details of a driving licence into several languages, enabling foreign authorities to interpret the driving entitlements held, their validity periods and the identity of the holder.

They are issued by the Automobile Association ( AA ) and Royal Automobile Club ( RAC ).

I have never bothered with one, the easy thing to do is just bring your UK license or a valid license from any other country and apply at your nearest "Department of Land Transportation" to get issued with a Thai one, 1st aplication is 1 year on renewal 6years.

Edited by Kwasaki

Although technically you can use your UK licence here for 6 months. Try explaining that to Plod on the street here.

I suggest everyone coming here has an International Permit and if here for a longer stay has a Thai licence.

I have both Car and Bike in Thailand and the fines have stopped.

Although technically you can use your UK licence here for 6 months. Try explaining that to Plod on the street here.

I suggest everyone coming here has an International Permit and if here for a longer stay has a Thai licence.

I got pulled up by the BiB years back and showed my IDL and he started to write a ticket out, good job the mrs was with me to explain what it was :rolleyes:, he didn't, unfortunately nothing written on it in Thai. ;)

Your not supposed to use a UK lincense here without a international permit it is a requirement, as well as carrying a copy of your passport, also a copy of your vehicles book.

I know that this are probably never going to asked for these but I'm one of the last boy scouts.B)

As you say a Thai license is the best way to go, it's easy to come by and is also a form of I.D.

There are other advantages too.

Your not supposed to use a UK lincense here without a international permit it is a requirement, as well as carrying a copy of your passport, also a copy of your vehicles book.

I know that this are probably never going to asked for these but I'm one of the last boy scouts.B)

As you say a Thai license is the best way to go, it's easy to come by and is also a form of I.D.

Slipping Yale locks?

Slipping Yale locks?

:lol: :lol: especially the new ones, also 20 baht into instead of 100/200 baht to parks etc.