Finding Thai Friends In Uk For Thai Wife

madmin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what you want to hear but don't let her become involved with others in the Uk.

Virtually every single relatioship goes down the pan when they start gambling,drinking eating and mixing with each other.

First hand experience but numerous others in same boat where I come from.

I remarried but I will never bring her to the UK-period.

Speak for yourself. my thai wife who lives with me in England because its pointless being maried other wise has many good Thai friends both Thai men and Thai women , I trust all the Thai people that my wife brings to my house, My wife is not stupid and knows who is good and who is bad, the same as many English people who i know. Belive it or not Thais know who is good and who is bad.

she not like alcohol and tells me off for playing the lottery so does'nt gamble either just wants to chat in native tongue with people here i only talk little thai not easy to master

Not what you want to hear but don't let her become involved with others in the Uk.

Virtually every single relatioship goes down the pan when they start gambling,drinking eating and mixing with each other.

I remarried but I will never bring her to the UK-period.

What kind of girls are people marrying that they need to worry about them gambling and drinking?

Gambling and drinking are the least of their worries, wait until the loan sharking starts.

Anyway to answer your question, many of these girls have been known to revert to their former profession.

Really? Most of those wives are 30+ years old. I don' t think there is a market for that in the UK, although I'm not much experienced with the ways of the fallen woman.

I suggest you get out more !

Of course, not everyone will be the same and, yes, I am sure some wives can distinguish good from bad.

What some of the above posts are warning about are the dangers of falling into bad company - or getting sucked into activities that offer attractive rewards. Gambling and whoring are two such activities that I know exist within various Thai communities.

One guy brought his wife back to the UK and with a month she was earning £100 a time in a local club. A friend (who is married to a Thai) has a list of over 30's that will play for pay. It has been discussed on TV many times that Thai women have a totally different attitude towards using their bodies for reward. Moving to a western country only broadens that horizon for those who are so inclined. The gambling stories are rife although I have no personal experience.

Please, just open your mind to the potential risks - they are very real and many members on TV will have personal experiences.

What kind of girls are people marrying that they need to worry about them gambling and drinking?

Gambling and drinking are the least of their worries, wait until the loan sharking starts.

Anyway to answer your question, many of these girls have been known to revert to their former profession.

Really? Most of those wives are 30+ years old. I don' t think there is a market for that in the UK, although I'm not much experienced with the ways of the fallen woman.

I suggest you get out more !

Of course, not everyone will be the same and, yes, I am sure some wives can distinguish good from bad.

What some of the above posts are warning about are the dangers of falling into bad company - or getting sucked into activities that offer attractive rewards. Gambling and whoring are two such activities that I know exist within various Thai communities.

One guy brought his wife back to the UK and with a month she was earning £100 a time in a local club. A friend (who is married to a Thai) has a list of over 30's that will play for pay. It has been discussed on TV many times that Thai women have a totally different attitude towards using their bodies for reward. Moving to a western country only broadens that horizon for those who are so inclined. The gambling stories are rife although I have no personal experience.

Please, just open your mind to the potential risks - they are very real and many members on TV will have personal experiences.

why would some body who has never worked the bar sell there bodys. My wife use to make computers , i am not worried if she reverts to her former job .

why would some body who has never worked the bar sell there bodys. My wife use to make computers , i am not worried if she reverts to her former job .

No reason at all.

You will understand that a larger majority of Thai ladies who come to the UK do have experience of bar work. Social networks of ladies from that background do exist - if your own wife can avoid such groups then, Happy Days.

I think you will find many women charge for sex, not just bar girls (and not just Thais).

It is a salable commodity that men will pay for, it's never given away free, only the price and the payment plan varies.

When you tell a Thai lady that on Friday nights young western women may go out, get so drunk they can't walk, and then shag some guy they just met for free, the response is total amazement .... as my wife says "FREE!, white girls are crazy!"

Edited by sarahsbloke

I second that..

I can assure you there is a market.

When was the last time you were in Manchester UK?

Some of these 30+ year olds are charging and getting £150 per hour.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Thai girls !

I think you mean prostitutes, not Thai girls. I'm not missing the point at all when I said that his wife might be a nice girl, you were missing my point. By nice, I meant she might not be some old hooker that he picked up in a bar. And you think it is sycophantic of me to suggest that somebody's wife is not an ex-hooker? I'd hate to live in your strange little world!

Thai girls !

I think you mean prostitutes, not Thai girls. I'm not missing the point at all when I said that his wife might be a nice girl, you were missing my point. By nice, I meant she might not be some old hooker that he picked up in a bar. And you think it is sycophantic of me to suggest that somebody's wife is not an ex-hooker? I'd hate to live in your strange little world!

You really don't get out much, do you ?

Read some of the other posts if you don't like mine.

Thai girls !

I get out quite a lot and I've even been know to visit seedy bars in the past. I'm not, however, so stupid as to think that all Thai females have drinking problems and gamble a lot.

Are you claiming that the majority of Thai girls behave in this manner or just those that you have met, because I'm finding your comments a little strange to be honest?

Thai girls !

I get out quite a lot and I've even been know to visit seedy bars in the past. I'm not, however, so stupid as to think that all Thai females have drinking problems and gamble a lot.

Are you claiming that the majority of Thai girls behave in this manner or just those that you have met, because I'm finding your comments a little strange to be honest?

I repeat - look at other posts.

I personally don'y know any of the girls concerned. But, through friends I know of more than a dozen who who have been drawn into a web of gambling/prostitution.

As you are not stupid you will be aware that Thais have a different attitude to sex and WHEN REQUIRED TO DO SO, will have no compuction about using their bidies to earn money. Of course, this not ALL Thais but it may just be a little naiive to try and distinguish between 'good and bad'.

I understand that even 'good' (non-bar girls) have been known indulge in carnal pleasures for reward.

Look at 'sarahsbloke's' post plus a few others rather than blaming me for being the messenger of truth.

I personally don'y know any of the girls concerned. But, through friends I know of more than a dozen who who have been drawn into a web of gambling/prostitution.

As you are not stupid you will be aware that Thais have a different attitude to sex and WHEN REQUIRED TO DO SO, will have no compuction about using their bidies to earn money. Of course, this not ALL Thais but it may just be a little naiive to try and distinguish between 'good and bad'.

I understand that even 'good' (non-bar girls) have been known indulge in carnal pleasures for reward.

Look at 'sarahsbloke's' post plus a few others rather than blaming me for being the messenger of truth.

I'm disputing your vision of the truth, not blaming you for it. I don't think I'll find sarahsblokes posts very enlightening either....I guess it just depends on the type of people that you know.

When you say things such as "Thais have a different attitude to sex and WHEN REQUIRED TO DO SO, will have no compuction about using their bidies to earn money", you come across as rather narrow minded. Some might, some won't. The way you word your posts seems to indicate that you believe what you say applies to Thai people as a whole. It doesn't.

I don't really see how the fact that some Thai girls will have sex for money leads you to the conclusion that they have a different attitude towards sex (different from Westerners I am assuming?). You are aware that there are prostitutes in the West too?

I'm disputing your vision of the truth, not blaming you for it. I don't think I'll find sarahsblokes posts very enlightening either....I guess it just depends on the type of people that you know.

When you say things such as "Thais have a different attitude to sex and WHEN REQUIRED TO DO SO, will have no compuction about using their bidies to earn money", you come across as rather narrow minded. Some might, some won't. The way you word your posts seems to indicate that you believe what you say applies to Thai people as a whole. It doesn't.

I don't really see how the fact that some Thai girls will have sex for money leads you to the conclusion that they have a different attitude towards sex (different from Westerners I am assuming?). You are aware that there are prostitutes in the West too?

Not at all - read my post where I refer to "not ALL".

Many posts here have tried to provide a word of caution about taking a Thai to the UK. Many posters have bitter personal experiences. I am recounting stories and situations from close friends.

I am aware that there are prostitutes in the West and apart from a few Brazilians, and East Europeans, I have never found them to my taste. As far as the UK is concerned there is now an increasing availability of Thais for the reasons mentioned above.

Fair enough.

It's all a bit strange to me. I can't for the life of me imagine why somebody would want to travel to a developing nation, marry an uneducated prostitute and take her back to the West. I'm not a prude, I can understand the physical attraction that slim young ladies may exert on unattractive men but paying to have sex with them and marrying them are worlds apart.

Edited by inthepink

ah, the eternal question.

to the OP, be careful what you wish for.

if you have married well, her finding her own friends, work and personal satisfaction should not be an issue.

OK....trying to get back on point....

I lived with my wife in the UK for ten years - we live here now, though she travels to the UK to work on contracts (she is there now in fact). I will not lecture you on your wife, you are an adult and you know the sort of person she is - I do know that a lot of the friends my wife made at first (Thai wise) she shed pretty quickly. Her first friends she met at her ESL courses (she was a teacher in a private school when we met and taught basic English to kids, but the free council run English courses in the UK were a boon to her and she made friends) - her friends were a Turkish woman, an Indian girl and a middle aged Chinese lady - quite funny from the "audience" side of things, all four sitting trying to communicate with differing levels of English and completely different native languages and cultures.

Strangely enough a Thai woman moved in opposite (with her English husband) and came and said hello - they were friends for all of about two weeks - her husband left about two months after that (not sure how/why, but she stayed in the house and he disappeared) - this girl and my mrs were not compatable as friends at all. We used to see a few other Thais around, my wife didn't avoid them, just didn't innitiate anything. One day, one of them asked her if she was Thai and they got talking. It turned out that they thought she would not want to talk to them (some class BS they had decided upon - Thais are very good at spotting social position in other Thais, but can use this to build barriers), but when they found out she was actually friendly, they hit it off. Only one of these friends survived as friends though, long term - there were continual fallings in and out and petty loyalty battles and betrayals - which my wife thought was stupid. The only one that she remained friends with was twice my wife's age (and the other girls for that) - she also thought they were silly. Through this friend she found out about the Thai temple that was (a bit) more local than the London one we had visited (and much friendlier). In fact we ended up spending a fair amount of time there as a couple - I helped decorate (painting/putting in a new front door etc) and she did a few free Thai courses for kids. She made friends with the monks (we both did) and made a few aquantences too. A lot of "I'm better than you" type of people at temples though, so not as easy going for Thais as it seems - easier for us actually.

Over the years and both succeeding and failing at finding Thai friends, I think the way in is less important - after a while she will meet some Thais (say via a temple or ESL course) and you will both start attending paties and get togethers and make normal couple friends - we found this was best actually - the farang guys in the lounge watching footie and drinking beer, women in the kitchen gossiping, cooking and eating things that would turn a dog's stomach. Nearly all our friends in the UK that we made since we married are mixed couples - most with small age gaps between partners and most in the same age bracket as us back then (20s and 30s) - as expected really - a few older couples (fifties - and one in his 80's, lovely guy with a Thai wife in her late 40's). Some have since split, a few we remain freinds with both sides of the split, but most are still together. Some I miss, some I MSN and some I meet up with here from time to time.

Note that I went through school with a Thai (best) friend - we were either at my house of his - so I had a few Thai friends already (in fact my wife was his wife's niece - though it was an unplanned union - she was trying to set me up with her school friend instead!) - but they were no use to us making and meeting other Thais really as they were just too busy (running a chain of restaurants) for us to get together very often.

One thing also to note, that if I am honest, I tried to introduce my wife to Thai friends when she first came over - and I truely (now) believe it was what I thought would be nice for her - I think she preferred the non-Thai ones (and it was mostly those that she made herself too). So, make sure you are not pushing something on her that is your idea of what you think she wants rather than hers. I did the same putting in a second satelite system to pick up Thai TV on Hotbird - I ended up watching it instead of her!

Oh, and about all the drinking, gambling, adultery - my mrs has never drank alcohol, hates gambling (she saw the results of gambling addiction with a family member) and I trust her enough to work over there in old Blighty while I am here with the kids for months at a time - not all Thai women are tramps.

Good luck.

Edited by wolf5370

Not at all - read my post where I refer to "not ALL".

Many posts here have tried to provide a word of caution about taking a Thai to the UK. Many posters have bitter personal experiences. I am recounting stories and situations from close friends.

I am aware that there are prostitutes in the West and apart from a few Brazilians, and East Europeans, I have never found them to my taste. As far as the UK is concerned there is now an increasing availability of Thais for the reasons mentioned above.

I find your postings offensive to the average thai woman, and as I am married to one and have one as a daughter also offensive to me. And I know the seedy and dark side of life both in thai and western environments.

You are having a go at thai women. In a post further up your response was "thai girls" completely ignoring the point being made back to you that "thai girls" is all inclusive. You then try and back out with "not ALL". "Not ALL" is something short of a majority so again you are still being offensive. If you were applying your reasoning to ex bargirls outside of Thailand then your "not all" sadly is a true reflection.

The average thai woman does not open her legs for reward more than any other culture in fact in my experiences less. From my observations of which cultures have the trashier women overall then I would look no futher than the western cultures - gambling excluded which is a stronger Eastern trait but for boozing and leg opening western women leave eastern women in their dust. The average thai woman is not a bargirl - attempts at quantifying that have arrived with figures of about 4 or 5% of thai women will work in the game, which is still high in comparison to western countries, but then said western countries have financial handouts for those with nothing. That leaves 95% of thai woman that you are labelling with your 'thai girls' and 'not ALL' comments.

I can understand your conclusions when one looks at the 'thai women' communities in western countries. They are made up of large percentages of ex-bargirls so sadly the average thai woman does get labelled very unfairly. Ignorant westerners with thai women atitudes don't help.

Your sycophancy has caused you to miss the point.

The nicer she is, the better canon fodder she is for the more 'experienced' Thai expats.

No, that would only happen if she's naive, dense and impressionable. Guys who marry above the bottom rungs usually have partners who can spot a "troublemaking" or "devious" Thai quickly, and most of these wives actually act carefully when coming into contact with other mia farangs. The typical Thai wife in the UK have shared attributes: suddenly they see themselves as higher class (they've been waiting for this). Dress up, get glam, go shopping, forget the North Eastern heritage and be proud to do nothing and have a second home financed by the husband. They know the system. They know how to gossip and condescend those who've married into a smaller house. They may be above gambling, borrowing or getting plastered but they still know how to flirt, go clubbing well into their 30s and become mutton dressed as lamb. Anyone who can see Thailand and the Thais from a vaguely knowledgeable distance can see they've come from nothing and need now to be everything.

My advice to the OP is ask himself where he thinks his wife will fit in to British society. How is her communication and conversation and could she make local friends? ESOL is a starter...meet other nationalities, but best of all......WORK! Get her to work. A Thai wife that works in UK?!?! Is that NORMAL you ask?! Amazing how one may develop with a bit of proper work, socially, mentally and responsibly.

In our experience be cautious of other Thai friends, they try to cause trouble and make themselves feel better.

My wife has one good Thai friend and dozens of English friends, she's actively involved with the PTA and has a good social circle of decent friends.

She even knows an English woman who speaks fluent Thai.

Esol course is good advice and even a job.:jap:

Nearby and even distant Thai Temple has been the best place for my wife to meet other Thais in the U.S. at the various places we have lived over the last 40+ years. A distant second in no particular order would be at work, college, Thai stores & restaurants. Wife has no problem sorting out the good from the bad of the people she meets. Calling relatives in Thailand and one in the U.S. plus listening to youtube.com,etc. is another way she gets all the Thai speak she wants. Most of our time with others now is spent with daughters' families especially grandchildren.

I find your postings offensive to the average thai woman, and as I am married to one and have one as a daughter also offensive to me. And I know the seedy and dark side of life both in thai and western environments.

You are having a go at thai women. In a post further up your response was "thai girls" completely ignoring the point being made back to you that "thai girls" is all inclusive. You then try and back out with "not ALL". "Not ALL" is something short of a majority so again you are still being offensive. If you were applying your reasoning to ex bargirls outside of Thailand then your "not all" sadly is a true reflection.

The average thai woman does not open her legs for reward more than any other culture in fact in my experiences less. From my observations of which cultures have the trashier women overall then I would look no futher than the western cultures - gambling excluded which is a stronger Eastern trait but for boozing and leg opening western women leave eastern women in their dust. The average thai woman is not a bargirl - attempts at quantifying that have arrived with figures of about 4 or 5% of thai women will work in the game, which is still high in comparison to western countries, but then said western countries have financial handouts for those with nothing. That leaves 95% of thai woman that you are labelling with your 'thai girls' and 'not ALL' comments.

I can understand your conclusions when one looks at the 'thai women' communities in western countries. They are made up of large percentages of ex-bargirls so sadly the average thai woman does get labelled very unfairly. Ignorant westerners with thai women atitudes don't help.

.. and this is EXACTLY my point.

The response of "Thai girls" was, I admit, flippant but it is up to you if you read more into than was intended. Certainly no offense was intended.

'Thai girls' is more than one and certainly not all inclusive. In that case I would have said "all Thais are whores". I have never said that because it is obviously not the case.

What IS the case is exactly what you put in your last paragraph. It is these communities that are the potential risk - others have personal experience of their partners being drawn into these communities. A good question was asked about a wife would settle into UK life - it is importantthat this can happen without resorting to the 'wrong company'.

Oh, and take plenty of Mama noodles !

I think you will find many women charge for sex, not just bar girls (and not just Thais).

It is a salable commodity that men will pay for, it's never given away free, only the price and the payment plan varies.

When you tell a Thai lady that on Friday nights young western women may go out, get so drunk they can't walk, and then shag some guy they just met for free, the response is total amazement .... as my wife says "FREE!, white girls are crazy!"

If your wife thinks that having sex for free is strange then that says an awful lot more about her than anybody else.

As for stating that sex is never given away for free, that's an old chestnut that guys like to bring up because they think it makes them sound worldy and urbane. What it actually makes you sound like is a complete pig. Perhaps you could explain why you think sex is always paid for? I've certainly never considered that I am paying for sex in my relationship and neither do any of my friends or relatives.

Perhaps you could explain why you think sex is always paid for? I've certainly never considered that I am paying for sex in my relationship and neither do any of my friends or relatives.

Probably because I aways ended up paying for more than 1/2 of everything in a relationship.

If I had always been single (or gay) then I would be a very wealthy man.

Logic dictates that I must have been paying for sex.

Maybe you could enlighten me on why I paid more than 1/2 of everything.

Do you know any men who pay 1/2 or less than 1/2 of all family costs?

(I'm pretty sure few women would stay with such a loser for long)

Edited by sarahsbloke

Perhaps you could explain why you think sex is always paid for? I've certainly never considered that I am paying for sex in my relationship and neither do any of my friends or relatives.

Probably because I aways ended up paying for more than 1/2 of everything in a relationship.

If I had always been single (or gay) then I would be a very wealthy man.

Logic dictates that I must have been paying for sex.

Maybe you could enlighten me on why I paid more than 1/2 of everything.

Do you know any men who pay 1/2 or less than 1/2 of all family costs?

Have you ever thought you may have problems with relationships, And after your partner/partner has given you every thing they think you are ... so they leave. how do you put a Price on ironing shirts and cooking and cleaning.

Have you ever thought you may have problems with relationships, And after your partner/partner has given you every thing they think you are ... so they leave. how do you put a Price on ironing shirts and cooking and cleaning.

I've never required any woman to be my house maid.

Apparently you have confused the words 'partner' and 'servant'

It seems I may not be the only person on this thread with relationship difficulties.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Talk about 8ft paint bush! Ha ha