90 Day Reporting...

I was speaking to an English friend this morning. He had just come back from BKK. He was at a trade fair, which coincided with hes 90 day reporting date, so thought he would get that out of the way whilst in BKK. (non-o support thai wife) Yesterday he arrived at Immigration and was told he did not have to report on that day, as he had been to Hong Kong (with a re-entry permit) and the report day was now mid November. I was already aware of this fact, and had told him so previously. Anyway, the immigration officer then told him, he did not have to report to BKK anyway. He could do it in the open / soon to be opened ???? KORAT office. He even gave him the telephone number and address. My Question. I was under the impression that if you applied for an extension of stay at BKK, you have to deal with them up until the end of that extension. IE: Apply in BKK. Approval given in BKK, Report in person or by mail to BKK. I am hoping I am wrong,as this would make reporting for me a breeze :o

You are wrong and the breeze is blowing.

You are free to report at any immigration office.

Offices accepting notification:

Counter 3, Immigration Bureau Office, Soi Suanphlu, Bangkok

Visa extension units, Ratchada Centre (BOI)

Immigration offices throughout the country

Edited by lopburi3

You are wrong and the breeze is blowing.

You are free to report at any immigration office.

Offices accepting notification:

Counter 3, Immigration Bureau Office, Soi Suanphlu, Bangkok

Visa extension units, Ratchada Centre (BOI)

Immigration offices throughout the country

Thanks Lopburi, I can feel the wind now :D 1.5 hours drive to Korat, report, a bit of shopping by Mrs Daddy :D and back home in time for the afternoon soapies. V's 6 Hours Rot Fi, taxi to hotel, taxi to immigration, taxi to station and 6 more hours on Rot fi :o I just hope this Korat office stays open for awhile :D

Ummmm....better find out for sure if the Korat office has opened yet. As of yesterday, I'm hearing it still hasn't officially opened. :o

If the opening was "announced" on another thread and I missed it...well yea! and ignore this post. :D

Certainly you would report by mail to avoid such an arduous trip to BKK.

ProThaiExpat, I have a hidden agenda here :D Mrs Daddy loves shopping MBK style. If I tell her I can report by mail, she will insist on going to Bangkok so as to report AND shop. If I tell her I can report in Korat, and we can go shopping at the same time, she will be verry happy :o Something to do with THAI Logic I think :D Which is one of the few things here I am yet to get my head around :D

Something to do with THAI Logic I think :D Which is one of the few things here I am yet to get my head around :o

Stop trying to understand the Thai logic, lest you go crazy trying.

I tried it for decades until it hit me: what am I doing, travelling half way around the world to Thailand and expect to be able to understand their logic?

I got there half way – to understanding the Thai logic – I think, but I shan’t go into details.