Can'T Take It Anymore!

geronimo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geronimo.

Read, Deviant Modernism: Sexual and Textual Errancy in T.S Eliot, James Joyce, and Marcel Proust and get back to us with a book report.

Ill leave that for a day when I have nothing to do :bah:

Well worth the effort, Geronimo. It's quite enlightening material.....;)

He could also learn something by reading some information about the science of word recognition.

But I doubt if he would be interested in learning something new. Most teachers squeal a lot when asked to learn something new. Instead they would rather point out the deficiencies of others as would people who correct others spelling even though they understand what the person meant.

We recognize words from their word shape, what modern psychologists call the “Bouma shape.” So says Paul Saenger.

But, not to get into that here because it gets to the heart of the issue and not the rant of the issue.

How can this be related to Thailand? :unsure:

Peeple hear loose the plot from time to time about poor English amongst the Thais, but they could of sayed same same about the native speakers

Surely that should be "amongst the Thai's "?

I read it so often it must be right!!!

Happy birthday o.p.I,m a proofreader and this thread has made my day.Thank,s for all the laughs guys.

How much to read a book ??

would you really hire a guy who uses a comma for an apostrophe to proof anything?

Did you really have a need to pose that question or is it a more fecicious remark of negation ?

Moi, fecicious, never, not with that spelling anyway.

If you meant facetious, then possibly.

None of the above is meant to be taken seriously.

Did you really have a need to pose that question or is it a more fecicious remark of negation ?

I would hate to be on an English speaking forum.

I doubt if our Teacher is a Robbie Burns fan, or talked with a Tynesider, i cant understand either, but than im ignorant, smart people adapt to others, not change and ridicule them. I feel sorry for people with nothing more important to worry about..:bah:

Happy birthday o.p.I,m a proofreader and this thread has made my day.Thank,s for all the laughs guys.

Now you just need to learn the difference between a comma ( , ) and an apostrophe ( ' ).

I would hate to be on an English speaking forum.

I've never actually seen one. This is about as close as it gets.

So much for English being the lingua franca

SC

I doubt if our Teacher is a Robbie Burns fan,

"O would some Power the gift to give us

To see ourselves as others see us!

It would from many a blunder free us,

And foolish notion:

What airs in dress and gait would leave us,

And even devotion!"

Mr Burns taught many lessons that some should heed.

Especially in The Simpsons.

"Release the hounds"

:D

How much to read a book ??

would you really hire a guy who uses a comma for an apostrophe to proof anything?

it was wit he said, wit what I not sure.

I notice that many on this topic are just having fun and enjoying ourselves, while others are taking it too seriously. We should ALL have the ability to laugh at ourselves and the "missteaks" we all make.

But, a topic like this, if kept fun, can then be a learning lesson for those that truly don't know the difference between similar words.

I notice that many on this topic are just having fun and enjoying ourselves, while others are taking it too seriously. We should ALL have the ability to laugh at ourselves and the "missteaks" we all make.

But, a topic like this, if kept fun, can then be a learning lesson for those that truly don't know the difference between similar words.

One would need to be cautious, trying to learn English from TV.

You only have to look at Gravion as a warning what can happen if we spend too much time on the internet. Or you. Or me.

SC

You only have to look at Gravion as a warning what can happen if we spend too much time on the internet. Or you. Or me.

SC

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yah, but Gravion DOES keep us entertained, doesn't he? :D

StreetCowboy' timestamp='1304488417' post='4400380']

'IanForbes' timestamp='1304485909' post='4400289']

SC

You are correct , it is very easy to slide down the pole to join the ever widening group , ah well , languages evolve over time to suit the majority , especially in multi-cultural situations .

Sometimes it's mind infartation that cause the spelling or usage problem. I was reading an AP wire story on the Obama where the writer wrote about his "speach" You'd think they would've proof read the article. But really are we grammar police" or are our "main goals to impart ideas to one another.

Sometimes it's mind infartation that cause the spelling or usage problem. I was reading an AP wire story on the Obama where the writer wrote about his "speach" You'd think they would've proof read the article. But really are we grammar police" or are our "main goals to impart ideas to one another.

Stimulation is a profit driven venture.

A lot of stick coming my way guys.My post was entirely tongue-in cheek.The gist of the topic was grammatical error and I thought the O.P.might get a laugh out of it.Nawtier if you want me to Proofread a book for you the price is sick squid! I enjoyed the responces from you all.Cheers.;)