Obama says he will not release Bin Laden pictures

News_Editor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic is about the release of photos of the killing of OBL. Further baiting, flaming or off-topic remarks will result in warnings and suspension of posting ability.

Please stay on-topic.

The topic is about the release of photos of the killing of OBL. Further baiting, flaming or off-topic remarks will result in warnings and suspension of posting ability.

Please stay on-topic.

I heard that one of the reasons they went in boots on the ground is because a missile strike wouldn't leave any evidence of his death? Now they don't want to release any evidence? They should release the photos. People around the world see photos of shot leaders all the time. As far as pissing off the radicals - they are always pissed off so it makes no difference.

Please stay on-topic.

I heard that one of the reasons they went in boots on the ground is because a missile strike wouldn't leave any evidence of his death? Now they don't want to release any evidence? They should release the photos. People around the world see photos of shot leaders all the time. As far as pissing off the radicals - they are always pissed off so it makes no difference.

There wouldn't be any evidence for them to view and confirm has nothing to do with the public confirmation. I'm torn as I want to see this scum bags head in as many pieces as possible but I also understand the reasoning behind not publishing them..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I believe Obama when he says Osama is dead. No need for pictures.

You have to admit the similarity in names is hilarious.

Next ...

Yes but I dare say you and millions like you also believed much of his pre-election rhetoric before you voted too and look how that's turned out :whistling::( ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Some of you seem to have forgotten the violent impact very recently wrought upon innocent people after that whack job preacher burned the Koran in florida. We have troops in harms way who risk their lives every day. Your elected officials have been shown the photos. Good enough for me. 10 hard drives taken from 5 computers...Even better.

Obama may not have much choice if somebody files a Freedom of Information Act petition to get the photos released. See the attached article. I am not an expert on the FOIA. Provided for your thought processes only.

Ex-Justice Department Official: Obama Could Be Forced to Release the Osama Death Photos

John Cook — Barack Obama has finally decided against releasing a photo of Osama bin Laden's corpse as proof of his death. But the former chief freedom of information expert for the U.S. government tells Gawker that he may not have that choice.

Up until a few moments ago, when CBS News reported Obama's decision, the Administration had issued mixed signals on whether it intended to release graphic evidence of Osama's demise. CIA director Leon Panetta stated that he expected a photo would eventually be released, while Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton were reportedly opposed. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday that "there are sensitivities here in terms of the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden in the aftermath of this firefight."

But all the agonizing may have been for naught. According to Daniel Metcalfe, the former chief of the Department of Justice's Office of Information and Privacy—a post that effectively made him the government's top expert in the Freedom of Information Act—the odds are better than even that a FOIA lawsuit seeking the photo's release would succeed.

Full article here... http://gawker.com/#!5798497/ex+justice-department-official-obama-could-be-forced-to-release-the-osama-death-photos

One of his wives says he's dead. Give it a rest. The conspiracy theorists are never satisfied whatever you do. Like, we never went to the moon, yeah, right.

Nobody is talking about fake moon landings, only you.

Typical guilt by association/straw man.

But I am willing to bet that if Obama said he saw Elvis running a fish and chip shop on Runcorn high street, you and most of the posters on Thaivisa would believe him.

One of his wives says he's dead. Give it a rest. The conspiracy theorists are never satisfied whatever you do. Like, we never went to the moon, yeah, right.

But I am willing to bet that if Obama said he saw Elvis running a fish and chip shop on Runcorn high street, you and most of the posters on Thaivisa would believe him.

No we wouldn't. Nobody would. Not even Obama's wife. Frankly, I think you are getting your distaste for Obama get the better of you. Edited by Jingthing

I believe Obama when he says Osama is dead. No need for pictures.

You have to admit the similarity in names is hilarious.

Next ...

I read a post with "Obama Bin Lyin' " in it and I've been giggling ever since.

Imagine kids in the future reading the history. Osama/Obama, why did they hate each other, they sound like relatives.

I think that with respect even you American guys must admit that something is not quite right about this whole affair. We have the most wanted man in the world and for at least 10 years he could not be found even with today's high technology.

He is then some how located, shot in the head and thrown overboard all in the space of 24 hours and then Obama declares him dead. He would have been worth more to the allies alive, so this makes no sense.

I think that with respect even you American guys must admit that something is not quite right about this whole affair. We have the most wanted man in the world and for at least 10 years he could not be found even with today's high technology.

He is then some how located, shot in the head and thrown overboard all in the space of 24 hours and then Obama declares him dead. He would have been worth more to the allies alive, so this makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. Revenge and justice, quick and swift, and no chance of a circus trial.

It makes perfect sense to me. Revenge and justice, quick and swift, and no chance of a circus trial.

Another dismissive answer without any reason. He would have been a great catch in the so called 'war on terror'

I am not an expert, but I would have loved to see him captured, having hos photo taken while an Army dentist checks his teeth and such ala Saddam. Saddam looked like such a sad sack that many Iraqis dismissed him when only a day earlier they still had a soft spot for him for evading the coalition troops.

But I admit I am not an expert to judge what would be the ramifications on that. And Obama's decision not to show the photos may be the right one. Just because I personally wanted him to be paraded around like the village idiot does not make Obama wrong or this whole thing some sort of conspiracy.

No we wouldn't. Nobody would. Not even Obama's wife. Frankly, I think you are getting your distaste for Obama get the better of you.

As far as I'm concerned, Obama is just the screen to block out all the rotten tomatoes and will be torn down in 2-6 years to make way for a new one to be put up.

I gotta say, I respect Obama, like him, voted for him, and all that. But on this I must respectfully disagree.

I'm sorry Osama was a terrorist and a cold blooded murderer. F' Anyone's sensitivities about it. Furthermore our govt has a history of propaganda and flat out lies that would blow even the most ardent of conspiracy theorists minds. Show the VIDEO and the Pictures put it to rest once and for all.

As I said I like Obama, but at the end of the day he's a politician, and they ALL lie.

And Hell no I don't trust my govt.

Do You?

Someone please explaine to me why we didn't bomb Pensylvania when we were searching for Timothy McVeigh? Didn't break down any doors and didn't shoot him in the face and then try to lie about it. Using your hateful logic and lack of respect for the rule of law anyone now has permission to kill anyone that wrongs us.

What? Mcveigh got arrested in Oklahoma the same day of the bombing.

One of his wives says he's dead. Give it a rest.

You heard this from his wife?

No you heard a report of it & a report of many other things

You will *see* none of them

Look at this another way. The Navy Seals. Not a group you would associate with liberal democrats. If they didn't kill OBL and this was all a big snow job, don't you think one would spill the beans? It would ruin Obama.

Next ...