Thaksin Campaigns For Pheu Thai Party

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin has a vision? Most sentient people would call it a nightmare. What he knows about corporate management and collective responsibility could be written on postage stamp. Anything beyond running a whelk stall honestly is beyond his capabilities.

Thaksin also claimed that just before the military coup on September 19, 2006, a Singapore agency held a meeting to discuss the competition from the yet-to-be opened Suvarnabhumi Airport.

"But they stopped the meeting after learning that I was ousted, saying the place could no longer be a hub now that Thaksin was gone."

Is this Singapore entity, Temasek Holdings? :ermm:<_<

Was it not the same Thaksin who changed all the visa regulations?:blink:

Tourist Visa is not hard to get as is, an i am pretty sure it is not the reason for tourists, so how would that help the economy or Thai people?

He is promising to increase minimum wage and cut tax, so what would come first? tax or wages?

Not only minimum wage is not enforced now, but taxes are hardly paid by the rich, including himself. So he will make it more easier for the rich to get even more rich?

Unfortunately again, his whole campaign of promises is aimed at rather less educated(the majority) and those are not always able to analyze and see the full picture.

I don't think anybody would deny that Thaksin is a very intelligent man with a keen brain - but he has been convicted of misusing his powers when in government , he is a fugitive abroad , and if neither of those facts were true and he was in residence in LOS , he has been banned from politics for 5 years . It is a shame that he is so meglomanic , because under different circumstances he could make some very sensible and valuable contributions to the welfare of the country - but I am afraid the leopard cannot change his spots .

Some interesting ideas though sounding a bit far fetched to me. I love the way Thaksin speaks with the assurance and confidence of an economic guru that seems contemptuous of the world's best (are other countries really struggling because of high taxes - Sweden, Denmark, Norway for example, with the highest standard's of living in the world).

You forgot to mention Ireland with its low company tax etc....maybe Khun Thaksin does not read the same press/media as you and I do

Yes, both points about the taxes I have to agree with. Ireland really is up the creek.

I have to question his motive for making visa applications easier. Is he trying to soften the stance of all the expats? I believe that Western opinion of Thaksin has to extent influenced some Thai people's opinion of him, especially those (Thais) who have daily exposure to Farangs. He hates us, he knows we see past his nonstop barrage of lies, and he knows we share our opinions with the electorate ....

I see people in this forum commenting constantly that Thais don't appreciate the farang money coming into the country. I believe Thaksin does appreciate how much money comes from foreigners and wants to enhance that amount. I don't believe he cares what we think about him.

Like it or not Thaksin is the only one providing any concept of what the future would look like. Everybody else is status quo. I would like to see what others envision Thailand as.

While trying to promise whatever business leaders from the chambers asked for, Thaksin mentioned his pet project - developing a city on reclaimed land somewhere on the Gulf of Thailand that would be about half the size of Phuket or 200,000 rai.

Ahhhhh... no doubt part of a re-start for his Thailand Riviera Project ... so that tourist arrivals will be doubled...

The Thailand Riviera project aims to develop the upper South into an internationally renowned destination. It will also be linked to eastern coastal tourist sites, such as Pattaya, Sattahip, and Rayong. Under the project, Phetchaburi will be developed into a center for historical and cultural tourism. Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon will be developed as centers for natural attractions, while Ranong will become a center for health tourism.

The Thailand Riviera project is expected to increase the number of visitors to 23 million by 2011.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_inside.php?id=1693

when is this joker going to give up

people seem to forget this 'joker' did more for thailand's 'lower class' than anyone before or after him. corruption goes with the game, and shit simply doesn't get done without it.

You are right, except corruption doesn't have to go with the game. Thailand is going downhill vs. their neighbors. And corruption is the prime reason. It needs to be dealt with, but Thaksin is not the man to do this.

Thaksin to me sounds like a smart man. I don't know the details about his "conviction".....could it be that he was railroaded?

Training workers, raise min wage, more rail, crack down on corruption....who can argue against that?

Anyone that seriously goes after corruption won't live long. But that is the #1 thing they need to do to get rid of their third-world status. It is a shame more Thais don't get a chance to see how civilized countries conduct business !

Well, I certainly note oppose and say that Thailand is NOT a country of high corruption.

Indeed, I lived in many countries, before settling here, including MINE, FRANCE.

When it comes to corruption, Thailand is a BABY compared to France. But in France they may use a bit more brains, ( and rob much more money ). Besides who would ever dare France is not a GREAT nation, that MUST be respected as such, blablabla....?

Thailand Is definetly corrupted.

A lot of so called advanced countries are in HEAVY CORRUPTION. " My " country at top ranks...YES, SIR...

Want another example , for another country ?

In 2008, the price of the share for Bank of America was over 95 $. In the hands of shareholders. Rich ones, and not so rich ones just trying to save money for when they get old.. In January 2009, the share was quoted at the NYSE at 2 $.

93 $ "disappeared" on every share. Bad for most. Very good for a few ones.

More, State Money, the taxpayers' money was invested without being asked, to rise the share in the range of 5$.

Yes, this is business, no corruption, I must agree...

There are thousands, if not millions of that sort of stories. It's even showing clearly in the papers, or on TV channels. The Truth is right under your eyes. Need glasses, could be ?

Interesting how no-one has stated the obvious, look at where he is staying, Dubai, most of what he said he would do he is seeing out of his hotel window in Dubai lol

He is impressing ppl with what he sees, nothing he thought up, best of luck Mr Thaksin.

Make a simple difference like extending the time foreigners can stay in the country without leaving may alone bring more ppl into Thailand and hence more money.

Some interesting ideas though sounding a bit far fetched to me. I love the way Thaksin speaks with the assurance and confidence of an economic guru that seems contemptuous of the world's best (are other countries really struggling because of high taxes - Sweden, Denmark, Norway for example, with the highest standard's of living in the world).

Exactly!! The guy's just in his own world, betraying an ego which simply will not allow him to accept the fact that he's a has-been and no longer of any use, just a source of consternation, trouble and irritation, to Thailand!!! Bless his blinking, twinkling, tear-brimmed, little 'poor me' eyes!!! :wai:

Edited by spectrumisgreen

Ah, these politicians...amazing how they think everyone has a sieve for a memory. During his last year + in power, didn't he start making the visas tougher, shorter, more expensive? I seem to remember there seemed to be quite the disdain for tourism, farangs in Thailand in general, under his rule. Same can be said for his successors, who sing a different tune now that the bottom has completely fallen out of tourism here. Or is it just my imagination?

I copied and pasted this sentence from the article,

"Thaksin spent hours listening and talking to the chamber members through an Internet video link at a Bangkok hotel."

How is it that the Nation knew where he was and the Thailand police department did not? And if they knew where he was why did they not arrest him for the fugitive that he is?

And what is he trying to do? He's a convicted felon on the run, banned from being in politics for 5 years, is he trying to get the party dissolve? Anyway higher minimum wages would mean higher prices on the retail side. Lowering taxes would help the poor but it'll mean less money for the gov't to use, and with the vol. of corruption here it'll be a disaster.

Breaking into chinese and indian market would be great, if you prefer quantity over quality.Lots of people but very few with the money.

Donmuang for private jet hub? how many private jets are there. Some local company with jets typically fly from suvannapoum, having a direct link to the international flights. Plus didn't they tried to make donmuang into a low cost hub? :huh:

Let the idiot talk. He'll get himself into trouble again. I'm sure the EC is itching to use his speech as a ground to lengthen his ban or dissolve the party.

tax decrease will be good for people like him, that earn tooooooooooo much

"developing a city on reclaimed land " ... crazy like dubai and one earthquake and following tsunami and everything is wiped out

politicians and their promises... its like the easter bunny, santa claus, jesus and mohammed, all just stories

Did more for, or TO the lower class? Offering easy loans with their farms as collateral, which so very many thousands did, then defaulted on the loans, losing their homes to his loan sharks, homes and farms which had been in their family since recorded history here. Or pushing rice farming, but keeping the price paid to farmers quite low, while the "rice barons" who simply buy and sell rice, make fortunes. Or pay them 500 Baht whenever they voted for him. You see these as doing more for the people, or to the people?

when is this joker going to give up

people seem to forget this 'joker' did more for thailand's 'lower class' than anyone before or after him. corruption goes with the game, and shit simply doesn't get done without it.

You are right, except corruption doesn't have to go with the game. Thailand is going downhill vs. their neighbors. And corruption is the prime reason. It needs to be dealt with, but Thaksin is not the man to do this.

Thaksin Campaigns For Pheu Thai Party

The connection is being openly promoted...

r1875257843.jpg

Men atop a truck travel past an election campaign poster showing a candidate for the opposition Puea Thai party posing with ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Thailand's Surin province April 26, 2011.

REUTERS

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//110426/ids_photos_wl/r1875257843.jpg/

^ A nice encapsulation of all three

Thaksin = PTP = Red Shirts

in one photo.

Like it or not Thaksin is the only one providing any concept of what the future would look like. Everybody else is status quo. I would like to see what others envision Thailand as.

Would you care to share a detailed enlightenment of what you see as 'the thaksin vision', sounds interesting.

Yeah, he's talking some good ideas and showing passion for improving Thailand. But what can he say to improve his image and earn any political trust? Perhaps he should repent and lay face down at some temple floor for a month or two first?

You forgot to mention Ireland with its low company tax etc....maybe Khun Thaksin does not read the same press/media as you and I do

Yes, both points about the taxes I have to agree with. Ireland really is up the creek.

I have to question his motive for making visa applications easier. Is he trying to soften the stance of all the expats? I believe that Western opinion of Thaksin has to extent influenced some Thai people's opinion of him, especially those (Thais) who have daily exposure to Farangs. He hates us, he knows we see past his nonstop barrage of lies, and he knows we share our opinions with the electorate ....

I see people in this forum commenting constantly that Thais don't appreciate the farang money coming into the country. I believe Thaksin does appreciate how much money comes from foreigners and wants to enhance that amount. I don't believe he cares what we think about him.

Not as simple as it sounds.

Foreigners (i'm a foreigner, been here total of 30 yrs) seem to think that the flow of pensions etc., is a very significant amount of funds coming into Thailand, well companred to export earnings it really is just tiny.

There is of course another category, foreign investment, even that is not all that big, but what should be noted is the income that it brings to Thailand and the number of jobs for locals.

Anybody really think the paymaster had changed his spots in regard to his stated dislike of foreigners?

It doesn't matter a rat's arse what Farangs think or do, since they have no vote (thank Buddha).

Why are so many afraid of this man's influence?

He is the only voice I have heard that seems to offer a vision.

Who else in Thai politics offers a vision of a modernistic future for this medieval society???

Taksin offering a vision?? :blink::blink:

The only vision this dictator-to-be hidden in a Santa Claus disguise has is his own wallet.

All the rest is plain empty rhetoric to grab power back. The list of his empty promises is endless.

On the other hand, this guy has a past that speaks for himself. Should he get back to power, he would be the biggest medieval fortress builder ever.

Inside, his friends and anyone who abide by the rule of not-so-clean money.

Outside, anyone who disagrees.

Edited by Mitker

"But they stopped the meeting after learning that I was ousted, saying the place could no longer be a hub now that Thaksin was gone."

I think this tells us all we need to know about Mr "Super Ego" Thaksin.

No country needs a leader with such megalomaniac tendencies.:bah:

Anybody have a link to "But they stopped the meeting after learning that I was ousted, saying the place could no longer be a hub now that Thaksin was gone."

Whatever we think of Thaksin The last 4 years have seen changes in Visa application rules making it increasingly difficult for many applicants. was this a deliberate policy of Abhisit or ministers?

I believe it was more about Thailand weeding out the Fralangs living in the Visa shadows here than a direct attempt to make things harder for the folks living here legit. Most likely persuaded by the powers in the west to tighten things up. Just my 25 cents

Which "Farangs" are you speaking for?

It doesn't matter a rat's arse what Farangs think or do, since they have no vote (thank Buddha).

Why are so many afraid of this man's influence?

He is the only voice I have heard that seems to offer a vision.

Who else in Thai politics offers a vision of a modernistic future for this medieval society???

Yes, but his "vision" is all smoke and mirrors. He will say anything and does say anything to try and get back in power. Every time he opens his mouth, he lies.

Promises, promises............... Anybody can promise anything ----- usually 'hollow' words............ They will say anythin to get in office, because it is money in THEIR pockets (and that money is going to come from somewhere) - think about it: higher wages,lower taxes, money for all those 'grafters' ---- it's like trying to invent a cast-iron, light weight airplane.................

Clue: it's not going to work................. But, a lot of 'feeble minds' will probably believe it and vote for them,,,,,,,,,,

GOOD LUCK THAILAND, you may need it.

It's only about three weeks since the present government was announcing a high speed train project linking Shanghai and Singapore, via Bkk.

With your "basic understanding of arithmetic" did you "balance the equation" on that modest proposal?/??

Or is it only Thaksin who is into boondoggles?

They also said that China would invest in it and provide funding. http://thailand-business-news.com/investment/19771-china-will-invest-in-thai-high-speed-train-better-rail-links

Next ...