Thaksin Campaigns For Pheu Thai Party

webfact

I remember the times that he was still ruling the country with Thai Rak Thai.

From hindsight, it wasn't that bad...

He did a lot for the rural people from E-saan.

With him, tourists still had 30 day visa entries..

And quite a few other things.

Sure, not all was sunshine eather,

But lets see anyway what happens when he's back.

Can't be much worse then what we have now! :whistling:

The changes to land border visas came into being at the start of December 2008.

That would have been 2 weeks before the current government came to power.

Therefore the blame for 14-day land border visas should be put squarely at the feet of Thaksin's PPP.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the times that he was still ruling the country with Thai Rak Thai.

From hindsight, it wasn't that bad...

He did a lot for the rural people from E-saan.

With him, tourists still had 30 day visa entries..

And quite a few other things.

Sure, not all was sunshine eather,

But lets see anyway what happens when he's back.

Can't be much worse then what we have now! :whistling:

visa regulations started to be tightened under the Thaksin administration as they discovered a major international terrorist crossing the northern border multiple times on a 30 day visa

they did not even have computers at many border checkpoints at that time nor staff that could use them

this incident happened two weeks after Thaksin very publicly announced there were NO terrorists in Thailand!

so Hanssna now thats resolved, please tell us more about what is so bad about what we have now?

Edited by timekeeper

If Thaksin were really that smart/clever he'd promise the reds easily obtainable long term visas and work permits for farangs. Farangs would provide the subsidies and financial incentives to a significantly even greater % of reds/families, and it would not cost a cent to the taxpayers. The red farang dependents could then have access to credit cards risk free to Thai banks/ institutions.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting ideas though sounding a bit far fetched to me. I love the way Thaksin speaks with the assurance and confidence of an economic guru that seems contemptuous of the world's best (are other countries really struggling because of high taxes - Sweden, Denmark, Norway for example, with the highest standard's of living in the world).

You forgot to mention Ireland with its low company tax etc....maybe Khun Thaksin does not read the same press/media as you and I do

Yes, both points about the taxes I have to agree with. Ireland really is up the creek.

I have to question his motive for making visa applications easier. Is he trying to soften the stance of all the expats? I believe that Western opinion of Thaksin has to extent influenced some Thai people's opinion of him, especially those (Thais) who have daily exposure to Farangs. He hates us, he knows we see past his nonstop barrage of lies, and he knows we share our opinions with the electorate ....

Which "Farangs" are you speaking for?

It doesn't matter a rat's arse what Farangs think or do, since they have no vote (thank Buddha).

Why are so many afraid of this man's influence?

He is the only voice I have heard that seems to offer a vision.

Who else in Thai politics offers a vision of a modernistic future for this medieval society???

A VISION is all it is and nothing else!!!! Easy words, but empty promises without a doubt.

It doesn't matter a rat's arse what Farangs think or do, since they have no vote (thank Buddha).

Who else in Thai politics offers a vision of a modernistic future for this medieval society???

A VISION is all it is and nothing else!!!! Easy words, but empty promises without a doubt.

"Mirage" is the appropriate word.

Except a mirage projects something that is real, whereas this won't be!!

and "BS" is the appropriate initials.

Next I think he'll promise easy long term visas for Thais to all other countries and a credit card to use in those countries plus a debt moratorium.

It wouldn't surprise, me if it gets Pheu Thai into government. Nothing is out of bounds if he can hit upon something that can promote his sole aim of attaining power - sounds a little bit like our politicians in the UK (and the USA no doubt) dubious practises. Once they get in, their manifesto mandate is mysteriously rewritten to exclude their unachievable promises and insert their own goals which do not resemble their original mandate in the slightest. How dishonourable is that!!!

Still, he/she has got 4 or 5 years of a comfortable lifestyle and swelling bank balance to get over the shame of their misdeeds while the people will suffer at the hands of these 'red crooks'. God help the people of Thailand if they manage to do this.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE