Rare Bird And Chicks Found At Pattaya Home

Rimmer

Rare Bird and Chicks found at Pattaya home

PATTAYA: -- A family of birds was discovered nesting in the roof of a house in the Huoy Yai area on Wednesday and after some internet searches it was found the birds belong to a rarely seen species here in Thailand. Khun Sopit aged 54, the house owner made the discovery of 4 chicks. Their mother was caught in a net, ironically designed to entrap birds, preventing them from creating nests in the roof of the house.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-05-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Sorry to disappoint these birds are common over most of Thailand up to 1525 meters, I have two pairs that regularly walk around the outside of the house and use their long beak to find grubs in the grass, best thing to do with them is to let them have their freedom, or send them down to me they can live here with my other wild ones.

i have 5 pairs of those in my 6 meter by 7 meter cage, just for birds.

wife loves them.

they flapped their wing in flight in a vertical body position.

very rare and exciting to watch.

but they hardly hatch in cages.

anyone knows how to induce them to hatch in cages, pls?

thx

...after some internet searches it was found the birds belong to a rarely seen species here in Thailand

totally not the case.. :rolleyes:

The Hoopoe, one of a few bird species actually named after its own call (along with cuckoo, chiff chaff, kittiwake etc..) is certainly far from 'rare' in Thailand..

...after some internet searches it was found the birds belong to a rarely seen species here in Thailand

The Hoopoe, one of a few bird species actually named after its own call (along with cuckoo, chiff chaff, kittiwake etc..) is certainly far from 'rare' in Thailand..

ok, smart guy

probably, they are referred to as rare in the sense that they are not often seen by those not habitually touring the forestry.

a 70+ yrs old couple were totally taken by the ones that we have in our cage. For them, it is once in their life time. do you think that is rare or not?

alright, more importantly, do you know how to induce them to hatch in captivity, ya?

ok, smart guy

probably, they are referred to as rare in the sense that they are not often seen by those not habitually touring the forestry.

a 70+ yrs old couple were totally taken by the ones that we have in our cage. For them, it is once in their life time. do you think that is rare or not?

alright, more importantly, do you know how to induce them to hatch in captivity, ya?

maybe they are just 'rare' to the sad brigade that feel the need to keep them in captivity..?

your ignorance shines through.. they are not birds of the forest. You'll find them on open farm land, scrub, livestock & rice fields, extensive gardens etc.. they are a bird not restricted to the 'twitcher', anyone (even 70+yr olds) can easily see a (wild) Hoopoe in Thailand.. Get out more...! ;)

ok, smart guy

maybe they are just 'rare' to the sad brigade that feel the need to keep them in captivity..?

your ignorance shines through.. they are not birds of the forest. You'll find them on open farm land, scrub, livestock & rice fields, extensive gardens etc.. they are a bird not restricted to the 'twitcher', anyone (even 70+yr olds) can easily see a (wild) Hoopoe in Thailand.. Get out more...! ;)

Goshawk

You'll find them on open farm land, scrub, livestock & rice fields, extensive gardens etc..

we do have open farm land, plenty of scrub,

many different kinds of livestock and massive rice fields including very very extensive gardens.... LOL

but we never did see any of these HOOPOE before we purchased them at 400 THB a piece, totalling 4,000 THB....

Goshawk, so what do you have to say for your own defense next....? :)

Gents please lets not fall out over this, for interest my book says Open country, semi desert, scrub, open woodland, cultivation, gardens up to 1525m.

Goshawk, so what do you have to say for your own defense next....? :)

:unsure:

nothing to defend, my habitat description for Hoopoe is correct..

i do kinda know what i'm talking about re: the wild birds of Thailand. :)

anything you'd like to know about them, where to see them... etc.. PM me

;)