Rant

retiredusn

Just dam_n tired of the same questions about life in general if folks would just try too do things for themselfs instead of asking stupid questions there whould be a lot less confusion on TV do something for yourselfs instead of asking dumb questions

Alas, self-sufficiency, self-reliant. and independence reflect a character of days gone by and spoon the ideals of controlled, dependent, spoiled rotten societies.

Alas, self-sufficiency, self-reliant. and independence reflect a character of days gone by and spoon the ideals of controlled, dependent, spoiled rotten societies.

Could you please Google that quote for me and tell me where it comes from :rolleyes:

Could you please Google that quote for me and tell me where it comes from :rolleyes:

Concluded. As Google is one of the culprits.

So let me get this right ........

The OP wants people NOT to ask questions .....

says

do something for yourselfs instead of asking dumb questions

BUT the sub-topic is "look before you leap"?

edit to add ----- and has plenty of topics that start like this ......

Anyone know where they sell Hazelnut liqueur/Ameretto around Pattaya area??

Thank you

Answer --- a liquor store? .. duh ! Edited by jdinasia

says

Thank you

Answer --- a liquor store? .. duh !

:lol:

says

Thank you

Answer --- a liquor store? .. duh !

Sound good If your from Pattaya,,,,,,,,,,Just glad I could make your day with 30sec of reply

Asking stupid questions is no different to making stupid statements on TV; this is the very life blood of this forum. When seeing a new topic and first thinking it's a stupid question, it can sometimes grows legs and become very interesting, or informative. So chill, enjoy and marvel at how bone-headed, mind numbingly bored or wasted the author must be.

Edited by Tonto21

what is this Nana Plaza, i keep hearing about?

is it a shopping arcade?

Yes it is; a very unique one. The first time I went there in 1996 I was amazed at the variety of items for rent or sale. It was like Disney World for men... only better.

And, as Longstebe asked, yes it does sell fruit machines. There is an amazing variety of fruits for sale, or rent. Thailand has another name for them, but fruits they are.

Just dam_n tired of the same questions about life in general if folks would just try too do things for themselfs instead of asking stupid questions there whould be a lot less confusion on TV do something for yourselfs instead of asking dumb questions

Are you talking about TV--thaivisa--or TV--television?

:blink:

what is this Nana Plaza, i keep hearing about?

is it a shopping arcade?

One could say that yes.

However the articles on sale are just variations of the same thing.

....as are the purchasers. Clearly homogenous.:P

Just tired of people who have to put their previous employment into their 'retired' status. You're retired.... who gives dam_n?

But then again you probably have some silly faux latin motto and think that basil contains the letter y .

So isn't asking question actually doing something for your self? Shit that was a question. If one wants to do something they need to gather information to accomplish the task and wow what a fuc_king revelation the best resource for this is someone who knows already.

If I were looking to buy a unique item i could drive all over Pattaya hoping to stumble on it or I can ask if someone knows where I can get it, which option would you choose? Shit another question.

If I wanted to know the rate of acceleration due to gravity, I could conduct numerous experiments or i could look in a book or the internet, yes that is asking a question too. Which option would you choose?

I guess we should not send our kids to school either since they are told things there and they ask questions, our kids are being setup for failure.

dam_n I just realized the OP's name.. retiredusn.... not all of us retired navy are morons.

Edited by maswov

there whould be a lot less confusion on TV do something for yourselfs instead of asking dumb questions

Are you sure? :D

So he's already highlighted the downsides. What would be the benefits if we tried to figure it out for ourselfs? (sic)

I suppose, at least we could conceal our illiteracy.

Anyway, I think it is good that people expose their faults so that others can correct them, or silently gloat in arrogant superiority, as they see fit.

Personally, whenever I see a question on TV, I try to do my bit by spreading misinformation and confusion, in the hope that it will be followed by an entertaining "what happened next" post; though I suppose I should have checked if the hospitals and prisons had wi-fi, first...

SC

Just tired of people who have to put their previous employment into their 'retired' status. You're retired.... who gives dam_n?

But then again you probably have some silly faux latin motto and think that basil contains the letter y .

That would be Sybil; you'll need to watch your re-runs more closely. Back to the Towers for you...

John Cleese at his best!

Sadly, for most of us, the past is all we can look back upon, and some of our best memories come from there.

SC