Airasia

POMCHOB

I would like to mention, be extra careful with the Thai Airasia booking system Website,

this will sound ridiculious but while i was managing my booking an Error occured

which led to me to re booking a whole new flight .

So contacted the call centre

to sort this flight out to get a refund and.. no refund.. will be given.I have two booking refs

so now have two flights on the same day for my wife! Got absolutely no where with

Customer Service kept me on hold for over 10 mins at a time i asked to speak to a manager

and was fobbed off by the Airasia Agent and ask why i booked two flights same day same time for one person!

And even asked me why i changed the date on the ticket ?

Thats really is my business.

My thoughts are because you book with a mastercard

no matter what they talk about its actually way out off their hands to authorise anything.

and a refund is out of the question too.

If i had booked a flight and said sorry i dont want it give me a refund i would understand their attatuide

towards me,but their website has a flaw and many errors but they dont seem to take this into account.

Anyway please be careful and dont do what i did, i would suggest calling the call centre to avoid

some of this happening to you. Pomchob :angry:

There has been many problems with Airasia. but what you got is typical Thai attitude "we have your money tough try and get it back."

People make mistakes and common sence should prevale welcome to the LOS

Edited by Thongkorn

If it's clearly a duplicate booking. i.e two flights at exactly the same time; ask your card provider to do a chargeback or similar.

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

I was told by the Airasia callcentre agent its not a dublicate

and would be treated as two seperarate flights as i have two Booking references

due to calling the agent and them ammending the change manually over the phone.

Do you think its possible to do a charge back in this situation?

thanks for you kind help Pomchob.:)

Edited by POMCHOB

There has been many problems with Airasia. but what you got is typical Thai attitude "we have your money tough try and get it back."

Hi, Thongkorn, yes it did feel like a game trying to get the money back ,but it was all made more

diifficult than it really needed to be just a slight adjustment and the money back to my account

easy you'd think! I said i had been a loyal customer and was directed immediately to the company Terms and conditions

and told" well you should understand our terms and conditions by now!! "

I had a similar problem a few years ago, in the end i just gave up and lost my money it was not a lot, but thats what they rely on. And if you do get your money back of course there will be a charge for making a mistake. maybe better to write it off or try and sell the ticket cheaper on here somebody may take it.but then again your names on the ticket so another problem.

Edited by Thongkorn

I had a similar problem a few years ago, in the end i just gave up and lost my money it was not a lot, but thats what they rely on. And if you do get your money back of course there will be a charge for making a mistake. maybe better to write it off or try and sell the ticket cheaper on here somebody may take it.but then again your names on the ticket so another problem.

Sorry you had a similar situation Thongkorn,

With competition from other companies many

get a lot of their business from recommendations, but it makes companies look shody when they dont try to reslove

situations with their paying customers ,When they dont got that bit further ....anyway its not a lot of money, but it was the unhelpful part

of this situation i was sad about. Will forget about it thanks for your reply Thongkorn. Cheers Pomchob.

Edited by POMCHOB

If it's clearly a duplicate booking. i.e two flights at exactly the same time; ask your card provider to do a chargeback or similar.

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

I would suggest you file a complaint with your credit card company, and let them sort it out. Call it a "disputed" charge...which it is...and let them talk to the nice people at AirAsia. I have done similar in the past with other error charges and it was no problem. If you are "disputing" the charge made by AirAsia, then they will not get their money until the dispute is resolved.

Good luck!

mario299

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

Something doesn't sound right?

But your best bet is to contact the CC company and tell them there was a website problem and you accidently made the same booking twice, even send them the etickets showing the same person on the same flight.

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

I would suggest you file a complaint with your credit card company, and let them sort it out. Call it a "disputed" charge...which it is...and let them talk to the nice people at AirAsia. I have done similar in the past with other error charges and it was no problem. If you are "disputing" the charge made by AirAsia, then they will not get their money until the dispute is resolved.

Good luck!

mario299

Now thats a good idea... i have followed your advice mario299 , never heard of a diputed charge but have sent the booking references etc by Email,

for my cc card company to check over... thanks for that great advice ;)

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

Something doesn't sound right?

But your best bet is to contact the CC company and tell them there was a website problem and you accidently made the same booking twice, even send them the etickets showing the same person on the same flight.

Yes have Emailed the etickets and hope can resolve it its not a big amount but the principle really,thank-you for your reply

PattayaParent :)

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

Good luck!

mario299

Why do you say It's a fault in their system.

To be honest my family has used AirAsia perhaps 50 times and never a problem.

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

Good luck!

mario299

Fair Comment,... yes i've used them many times without a problem like this , what happens is an Error Message cuts in while your making a booking

from the Manage my booking page, every system has a glitch from time to time, from what i've seen, thanks for the reply scorecard.

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

Good luck!

mario299

I reckon I average at least one problem every time I book with Air Asia. Normally, it is just a matter of logging off and starting again, but this last time, it happened during payment. Admittedly, it was probably a problem that could have been avoided with more patience and faith in internet banking, and the problem was actually with the bank direct debit function; so luckily I was able to call the bank, and by the time I had got through to the Service Agent, the problme had resolved itself. This last trip, though, I was getting fed up with the transaction failing during the flight booking stage (not the payment stage...).

Whenever doing on-line purchases, especially on heavily-trafficked sites, one needs to be particularly cautious and patient, and to leave plenty of time for things to settle down before trying again...to be honest, I would in preference use a travel agent, if I could. But the convenience of Air Asia, and their timetable, on my main route, makes them a clear first choice.

Anyway, as someone else posted on a previous thread, I think "I can't make a booking on Air Asia; Am I stupid?"

SC

Hi Thongkon, on first reading your post, my knee jerk reaction was to feel your using a broad brush to generalize about an entirenation. However this feeling passed pretty fast as I recalled being myself on the receiving end of this attitude far too many times to remember. Not all the time, it just feels like it.

The only thing I can suggest, don't get mad, get even, (ifonly in a small way) switch carriers! I used to fly with AA, but due to an incidentat their sales office, (I feel they were trying it on) I was quoted 5k for aone way to BKK. I went to the airport and booked with Bangkok airways, about1500 Baht (at the time)

Now I always try and go BAW, they have nice private lounges,even for us commoners! Not had a bust up with them yet, I hope I don't.

Good luck.

Edited by Tonto21

We booked 2 flights down to SG last month and I completely messed up booking it through SCB then on the AirAsia web site.

I had paid through the bank direct to AirAsia thinking they would see my details whilst on the AirAsia booking page.

Wrong, basically I had paid twice but only had 1 booking ref. It took about 3 weeks to get my money back.

On-line booking with most airlines can be a nighmare, as can on-line booking for hotels. There doesn't seem to be anyway you can rectify a mistake once you confirm a booking. There is nobody to call and no way to cancel.

If worse comes to worse and your CC sides with AA you can pay 1k to change the date. Thier web site is wrought with problems. Ubfortunatly that is where thier best fares reside. as a recourse you can pay a slight surcharge of a couple hundred baht and go throug an independant travel agent that books AA's internet fares.. They will also accept foreign CC's that AA does not.

Using AirAsia at least once a month, here is how I manage my bookings:

- Check on the internet for flight availability ;

- Phone the call center and make the booking through them ;

- Receive a code number and a SMS confirmation ;

- Make a bank transfer... and receive within the hour a email to confirm that booking has been paid ;

- Print it to be be used for boarding

Smooth as a breeze... B)

If the 2 credit card charges are for the exact same amount on the same date to the same company, the card company will not think twice about canceling one of them.

I've had the problem before where something got charged twice (such as an idiot cashier running the card through the machine twice) and the card company removed the charge from my account within a couple of minutes.

Hi 'Jiu-Jitsu'

Good luck!

mario299

Sounds like good advice. Worth remembering.

jb1

AirAsia. I'm simply surprised that their general policies, horrible business practices, and continuous problems have yet to catch up with them - discount carrier or not. Yet, most still tend to fawn and slobber over the false promotions that is AirAsia. What was once a viable option in the very competitive regional {now international} airline market, has dissolved into the same old bladdy corporate shenanigans. By-the-by, the Thai branch of AirAsia just follows the company line - AirAsia is an Malaysian-based company. The "Thai attitude" is attributed to it's parent company.

On-line booking with most airlines can be a nighmare, as can on-line booking for hotels. There doesn't seem to be anyway you can rectify a mistake once you confirm a booking. There is nobody to call and no way to cancel.

I have also experienced this. My own mistake but when I eventually got to speak to someone it was too costly (ie non-online transaction) to alter my bookings.

I don't actually blame Air Asia, it was just a salutary warning to make sure I get right in future. I think they are a good airline with good value fares and a service level far better than other budget airlines.

In the OP's case it must be highly frustrating when one can clearly see it is a duplicated transaction. In the absence of a common-sense response from Air Asia simply claim a chargeback through your card saying that they processed twice.

About 2 months ago, I booked a flight with Air Asia, went through the whole thing and got an error message after submitting the payment, and a message to please try again.

I didn't have time and didn't much fancy going through the whole process again and went and met a friend for a coffee. I then went to tha Air Asia office to book there, but the queue was very, very long so thought I'd go home and book on the internet again. Opened my laptop and 45 minutes after getting the error message, Air Asia had emailed me to confirm my booking. The website had even told me to try again!

If you get an error message after processing payment, don't try again. Wait an hour or two to see whether the payment was actually processed.

It's almost enough to make you avoid mistakes, isn't it?

SC

I reckon Air Asia should raise their fares and improve their service level. And have a blue logo instead of a red one.

But nevertheless, I still book with them as they are...

Which is why they'll never make the effort to improve upon themselves. Why...?? When suckers continue to fly with them and generally shrug off the continued incidents and accept their business shenanigans - this would certainly indicate to them that everything is OK.

Which is why they'll never make the effort to improve upon themselves. Why...?? When suckers continue to fly with them and generally shrug off the continued incidents and accept their business shenanigans - this would certainly indicate to them that everything is OK.

Exactly. For the whingers and moaners, my recommendation is...

EITHER don't make mistakes when you are booking

OR use a different air line.

I have never had a problem booking with Cathay Pacific on line, and if they had the best timetable for my preferred route, I would never use Air Asia.

But the convenience of frequent direct flights grossly outweighs the inconvenience of having to be extra careful and patient in making the booking, and sadly, I don't even know where is my local over-the-counter travel agent...

I prefer to use the euphemism 'customer', instead of 'sucker'; it sounds less prejorative, and, I think, knowing the correct euphemism for every circumstance avoids the risk of sounding like a twunt.

Anyway, if we were to base it on frequency of usage, I would have to say that Air Asia was my third-favourite air line (and climbing), after Cathay and Thai, but for me, it really is about routes and time table, not cost.

SC