Best Place To Buy Meats / Bbq

Hi

Can anyone update where best place to buy meats is currently. sausages / burgers / ribs / steaks / pies s etc etc.

Have quite a few people coming who are big meat eaters.

Had a scan through Samui Home made foods and saw no price lists and site looked out of date.

thanks for info

Nirvana

Try the newish French shop on the other side of the road from Big C and going towards Maenam - He selects local thai beef cuts and packs , also makes Merguez , boudin and other sausages , pates as well as imported beef and cheese - Makes his own bread , croissant etc

I always found a good selection of imported steaks, BBQ stuff, sausages and other meaty goodies at Colibri Supermarket on Soi Colibri in Chaweng.

But I have been away for over six months - soon to return, yay! - and am not sure if they are still open.

If they are, and they should be they are an old and well established business, then you might find some stuff there.

I agree with other poster also that Macro has some pretty good stuff in their meat section. Imported and local (but good) steaks, sausages of acceptable quality. I have seen ribs there and they used to have some exotic stuff like kangaroo, emu, ostrich, crocodile and some other really weird stuff. They have good hash browns too in the frozen foods section. And reasonable burgers.

I often find that buying self selected meats from local markets is really good too. I have found and eaten some fine steaks from Nathon fresh market for example. At that market are a couple of Muslim butchers who do a pretty good job of slicin' and dicin' a cow.

Happy Meating.

I like FB Foodservice in Taling Ngam (92/3 Moo 3 -- 077-415-674) for steaks, burgers and chicken. You have the option of local, grain-fed, and imported meats. They also have sausages, fish, etc. And they deliver if you spend over 3000THB... love that. However, I like Nowi German Butcher (Nara Taling Ngam Road, 4174 Road -- don't have the #, sorry) for sausage, bacon, BBQ fixins, etc... the bacon here is amazing. They're not too far from one another, so you could make a little trip out of it to get all sorts of things.

Although, if you're trying to do this today? I would suggest grabbing something frozen from Coco's @ Buddy Oriental since FB is closed (sure, its frozen but its better than the toughness of most beef available at the fresh markets -- they generally have lamb and sausages), letting it defrost in your car a bit while you run into the market to grab some pork chops, chicken, fresh veggies, etc.

Edited by editnoir

I always use Samui Home Foods (Big Joe's bless him) for meat pies, BBQ sausages, pork pies and pickled onions. Deserts are good too. Turkey and ham at Christmas are brilliant.

For beef and lamb on the BBQ I use Makro.

Pork steak, fish and chicken - any of them (Tesco/Big C/Makro)

Calibri Foods are good - but a bit far for me. The others are all nearer.

Happy BBQ'ing B)

I always use Samui Home Foods (Big Joe's bless him) for meat pies, BBQ sausages, pork pies and pickled onions. Deserts are good too. Turkey and ham at Christmas are brilliant.

For beef and lamb on the BBQ I use Makro.

Pork steak, fish and chicken - any of them (Tesco/Big C/Makro)

Calibri Foods are good - but a bit far for me. The others are all nearer.

Happy BBQ'ing B)

Thanks for all your replies, this really helps. I think i will give each a bit of a shot as these carnivores are going to be here for a while.

Nirvana

where s big joes located now?

Airport road. 30 meters down on the right.

Coming from the market - on the left

ok thanks, so the big buddha market correct, go up airport road and it on the left 30 mtres before the airport?

where s big joes located now?

ok thanks, so the big buddha market correct, go up airport road and it on the left 30 mtres before the airport?

30 meters from the Big Buddha market on the left - called Samui Home Foods

30 meters from the Big Buddha market on the left - called Samui Home Foods

thanks