Two Out Of Three National Id Database Servers Down, Crisis Imminent

george

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it, about time I do something, I am donating an old IBM 386 with DOS and an Apple IIe to keep this country afloat

Too advanced for government IT, give them to the Pantip Museum.

Thats where they bought it from. A good deal I hear, several boxes of mama noodles were thrown in.

It's normal to have a backup Server ready configured just in case and a dedicated Build Server sitting on a Work Station to rapidly configure everything except permissions. The permissions and data are normally backed up onto tape.

It's a bit far fetched that the story is totally true given the strategic importance of the data and its access

... makes sense, hawksway ... but ... think about if it IS true ... that would seem to lead to deliberate sabotage as the explanation.

... keep watching.

Edited by swillowbee

Two out of three National ID database servers down

Is there any independent confirmation of this from a recognized news source?

One besides the blogger entry that is the basis for the OP?

In the absence of any mention by any recognized news source since the above post over 4 days ago, can we presume the original story is lacking in credibility, and that a "Crisis" is no longer "Imminent"? (not that there ever was)

Edited by Buchholz

This is from the OP:

A report in ThaiPost (not available online) quoted by Manager said that BORA has lost two of its three database servers and that if the last one failed, it would have severe consequences for passports, police and the elections.

Because something is not online does not mean it isn't credible.

This is from the OP:

A report in ThaiPost (not available online) quoted by Manager said that BORA has lost two of its three database servers and that if the last one failed, it would have severe consequences for passports, police and the elections.

Because something is not online does not mean it isn't credible.

I can agree with that.

I should have said it's not been corroborated or verified by any recognized news source up to this point.