Rubber Trees

1 hour ago, grollies said:

Ok, but all the felled rubber I saw was youngish growth.

Ditto up here. Been seeing it for more than a year now. BIG trucks loaded with 5,6,7 y/o trees every week. That is young rubber coming out, and something else going in, probably sugar cane in most cases, possibly a bit of tapioca and palm.

Edited by thaiguzzi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cobbler said:

All i can say is,theyll never change in the south. South is,rubber,palm,cocnuts and bloody seed bananas.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Same here mate, North Chon Buri. Rubber, tapioca, eucca, palm. Banana just starting (I've got 300, 5555) and sugar cane.

I wanted to plant a coconut the in flood stream had left. It was sprouting. Placed it in the selected spot. Went to get a hoe to plant it. Got back and it had gone. Took the hoe back muttering about thieving nasty people. Got back to the house and my mother in law had it. She'd taken the husk off and removed the green shoots.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

Mosha ever thought of durian or mankoot/mangostien?

We have durian and a mangosteen, but the land by the house is too wet. Before we bought the land where the rubber is, the previous owner had tried palm, only the 1st 2 rows produced fruit.

• Like 1

We have durian and a mangosteen, but the land by the house is too wet. Before we bought the land where the rubber is, the previous owner had tried palm, only the 1st 2 rows produced fruit.

Oh thats right you told me that years ago when i asked you the same question.sorry about that

• Like 1

Does anybody else's dogs eat rubber seeds?

My dogs are pigging out on them.
Even worse is palm oil fruit. We lost a dog who got the seed stuck in her throat. We got it out, but it caused some damage and infected a wound. A great dog with a lot of character.

• Like 1

Damn immigration. Came up to see my wife. Ranong now expects on top of a border run, a residence notification. 1600 baht fine. Officer asks her what she does, and she tells him she taps the trees. He asks what I do, she tells him my visa does not allow me to work. He tells her he'll look the other way, I can help her. The Yorkshireman in me is thinking how much will that cost? 555

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

Damn immigration. Came up to see my wife. Ranong now expects on top of a border run, a residence notification. 1600 baht fine. Officer asks her what she does, and she tells him she taps the trees. He asks what I do, she tells him my visa does not allow me to work. He tells her he'll look the other way, I can help her. The Yorkshireman in me is thinking how much will that cost? 555

You don't have a yellow tabien Mosha?

Was getting 140 for mats under Abhisit. He tried to tell people prices go up and they go down. Now we have competition from Ghana, Myanmar, China as well as the traditional growing countries. Getting about 23/kg for kee yang.

So my wife keeps befriending kids from the local Burmese rubber tappers, then tells me to be careful as they might steal. I'm like if you didn't have them round in the 1st place, I'd have nothing to worry about.
Then this morning I'm looking out of the back door at the stream, and there are 2 or 3 of them dragging sacks of dried cup rubber, about 2000 baht, or £40 worth. Later my wife comes in and tells me the family where most of the kids are from have been caught stealing rubber and food. Their boss has turfed them out.

• Like 2

So my wife keeps befriending kids from the local Burmese rubber tappers, then tells me to be careful as they might steal. I'm like if you didn't have them round in the 1st place, I'd have nothing to worry about.
Then this morning I'm looking out of the back door at the stream, and there are 2 or 3 of them dragging sacks of dried cup rubber, about 2000 baht, or £40 worth. Later my wife comes in and tells me the family where most of the kids are from have been caught stealing rubber and food. Their boss has turfed them out.

Faaaaaaaarkn hell

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 11:03 AM, thaiguzzi said:

Man sapalang. Cassava.

Sounds like an 007 movie.

"The name's Maan.  Maan Sapalang.  The ladies call me by my code name "Cassava". My nickname at primary school was "Tapioca".  The kids who called me "Pudding Head" are, well, they're all dead now.

Last time I visited Loei, I was surprised seeing a lot of rubber trees.  When I was there 35 years prior, there were none that I recall.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cobbler said:

Have yang farms for sale down here at Bangsaphan for less than 100k bart per rai. Decent trees.torbor 5 paper. Unbelievable

at that sort of price per rai is the land selling quickly or do people have to sit and wait.

example. land around us people tend to want a high price per rai say around the 80- 100 mark, they have to wait for the right buyer... but if land comes on the market at a reduced price it almost gets sold that week, the wife has bought land at around the 50 per rai when you include the tax at the transfer office ect...., this is considered cheap....  and was bought the next working day by her on 2 different plots-sellers ect.

the wife has land and i know of others that have land for sale but they will always hold out for the higher-inflated price, i just tell the wife to sell it for what you can if you really want to sell it........she does not listen to me.555

when i first came up where the wifes family come from i wrongly thought that there was no money about....... plenty of cash about if you know where to look or have a bargain to sell....

• Like 1