Rubber Trees

had a walk out the rubber yesterday, looking a sorry old mess, no workers this year to keep the land working even with the promise of 100 percent for them, yep told them that and still no work.  (its only about 600 ish trees) the wife says that they say its to small a return for the work involved.  you try and help people, can not do more,  so will just leave the land to the weeds and the rats for the forseeableeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Like 1

funny you say too small. for 3 seasons we had the same people cut the trees, only about a 1000 trees or so at the time, then beginning of season 3 we had another 1500 or so trees come online with afew more for the next season yet to come,  they said oh no can not cut that much........ too much... not enough...to small money... if people really had to work all the time. ie rent to pay, bills, school fees ect..  people would work full time, good or bad money times, have too.  (western head on)

(thai head on) having said that i do tend to agree about only working when one wants to, or needs to. if one can.......

• Like 1

Hi all,

That time of (frustrating) year again.... Workers (tappers) tearing their hair out trying to figure out if it's going to rain or not where we are farming.....

A quick question for you folks that have sold your trees for wood (to the mills - I suppose). What kind of prices were you getting and what region (changwat  -  province) did you sell them in? Admin: if we get a good number of folks to reply with the prices of rubber wood, could we pin this info please?

funny you say too small. for 3 seasons we had the same people cut the trees, only about a 1000 trees or so at the time, then beginning of season 3 we had another 1500 or so trees come online with afew more for the next season yet to come,  they said oh no can not cut that much........ too much... not enough...to small money... if people really had to work all the time. ie rent to pay, bills, school fees ect..  people would work full time, good or bad money times, have too.  (western head on)
 (thai head on) having said that i do tend to agree about only working when one wants to, or needs to. if one can.......

Well my wife is no spring chicken , don't tell her I said that. The trees are on a sleep slope, and she can tap 300 per day. We have a lady much younger cutting 800 per day.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been away in England for a couple of months, longer than intended due to unforeseen circumstances. Back to reality now.

Prices for the last few weeks here in Udon province, cup per kg at fortnightly auction;

29 sept 27.60

13 oct 30.36

27 oct 29.05

10 nov 28.70

23 nov 31.90

yesterday 32.12.

Missus is happy, workers are happy.

Missus cleared 100k net profit in the last month, 2 of our tappers (husband and wife team on a 28 rai plot) took home 40k for a month's work, the other 2 tappers are clearing 3.5-4k a week each. They are earning better money than basic starting pay for a university educated teacher or nurse...

Everybody's a happy bunny at the moment. Fingers crossed, roll on high 30's per kg next year...

• Like 1

Today 59thb for cup lump on Thai Nature Rubber, we haven't been there for almost three years! We are not so good payed as you Thaiguzzi, here the local buyers pay 29 for the kee yang. But still smiling and keep my finger crosed, maybee we are back in business.....

WIXO

• Like 1

On 12/13/2016 at 5:20 PM, WIXO said:

Today 59thb for cup lump on Thai Nature Rubber, we haven't been there for almost three years! We are not so good payed as you Thaiguzzi, here the local buyers pay 29 for the kee yang. But still smiling and keep my finger crosed, maybee we are back in business.....

WIXO

Hi ya WIXO,

Are you up in either Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai Provinces?

On 2016-12-20 at 0:01 PM, scotbeve said:

Hi ya WIXO,

Are you up in either Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai Provinces?

No we have the farm in Udon Thani, not far from Thaiguzzi, but we have no auctions here. The local buyeres pay little less.

WIXO

Edited by WIXO

I believe there are at least 2 if not 3 or 4 local auctions around the province of Udon. I know the smaller province of Bung Khan has at least 2. Price is generally 3-5 baht per kg better than the gate.

Just seen pictures of the latest auction. Production and tonnage incredible, nearly 500 sellers, 9 bidders. Winning buyer's cash on the day must be insane, i'd guess in excess of £1 mil or 50 mil TB. As you may be aware, the winning bidder has to buy the LOT.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Days Are Here Again???, Barbra Streisand 1963.

70 Bath/kg kee yang on Thai nature rubber Bangkok. In village we get about 33.

Well it raised almost 10thb this week so maybee som rebounce later when the rain problems are silved in the south, but still we have to go back to 2013 fo 70thb. I'm happy, waiting for more....

WIXO

11 hours ago, WIXO said:

Happy Days Are Here Again???, Barbra Streisand 1963.

70 Bath/kg kee yang on Thai nature rubber Bangkok. In village we get about 33.

Well it raised almost 10thb this week so maybee som rebounce later when the rain problems are silved in the south, but still we have to go back to 2013 fo 70thb. I'm happy, waiting for more....

WIXO

Just got 35THB/kg kee yang.

Question. We only started tapping, opening the trees in October last so our first season coming to an end.

When should we stop? Advice at the collection point is end of Jan. But our trees are turning colour now so should we give them an early rest. Some people round here (North Chonburi/Chachengsao border) seem to kick the arse out of it whilst others are stopping now.

My gut feeling is to stop now but the tappers want one more cut as they stopped for a week over New Year.

All advice much appreciated.

A couple of points, re the above posts.

# I dunno where you are seeing 70 baht per kg for cup, you are reading rubber news incorrectly. Sheet (mat) is fetching around 73 ish per kg, liquid latex around 49 baht. Cup is mid 30's. I read the the Global Rubber News fortnightly, and there you will see current and CORRECT prices for Asia and the world markets inc Tokyo and Shanghai.

# Tappers should know when to stop if they are honest and experienced. The tree will show when it's time to stop, as production will halve from one fortnight to the next. Generally once all the leaf has gone on newer 7-8 y/o trees and a couple of weeks later on older 10-11 y/o trees. If these trees are 7-8 y/o old, and first season, i'd go with the above info and stop once all leaf has gone. No longer.

54 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Oh, and leaf changing colour, they still should be producing well, especially if the nights are cooler.

OK, thanks for the input. We'll do as the tappers advise till the end of Jan.

11 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

A couple of points, re the above posts.

# I dunno where you are seeing 70 baht per kg for cup, you are reading rubber news incorrectly. Sheet (mat) is fetching around 73 ish per kg, liquid latex around 49 baht. Cup is mid 30's. I read the the Global Rubber News fortnightly, and there you will see current and CORRECT prices for Asia and the world markets inc Tokyo and Shanghai.

# Tappers should know when to stop if they are honest and experienced. The tree will show when it's time to stop, as production will halve from one fortnight to the next. Generally once all the leaf has gone on newer 7-8 y/o trees and a couple of weeks later on older 10-11 y/o trees. If these trees are 7-8 y/o old, and first season, i'd go with the above info and stop once all leaf has gone. No longer.

Hi there, no I don't think i missread the facts on price. At fridays pricelist the report 70thb/kg cup lump. USS averaged 83,57 and RSS 89,07. But we got 33-34thb by the local buyers for kee yang, cup lump.

WIXO

You are mistaken, and you are mis reading prices. Cup is NEVER more than liquid latex (last time i looked @49 TB). Cup is generally priced at slightly less than half of sheet. If cup is 70 TB per kg, why are you getting 33 TB and i'm getting 36?

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

You are mistaken, and you are mis reading prices. Cup is NEVER more than liquid latex (last time i looked @49 TB). Cup is generally priced at slightly less than half of sheet. If cup is 70 TB per kg, why are you getting 33 TB and i'm getting 36?

Fiek lLatex was 72thb/kg last fridai when Cup limp was 70thb/kg. I dont think I read wrong, thw moister when I sell are much higer than later when it endup at the factory.

WIXO

1 hour ago, WIXO said:

Fiek lLatex was 72thb/kg last fridai when Cup limp was 70thb/kg. I dont think I read wrong, thw moister when I sell are much higer than later when it endup at the factory.

WIXO

Hey Wixo,

Where are you seeing this? Is it online? Do you have a link?

The price I always use is The Thai Nature Rubber Assosiation, the good thing about this is that they have differnet markeks and different qualitys, including Cup Lump. All the others have nothing to comare with, aspecialy Cup Lump.

The Link is http://www.thainr.com/en/ I have used this information all the years we produeced rubber. Usualy we get about 50-55% of the listed price on Cup Lump when we sell to the locals, as I understand it the auctions pay a little more. The reason as I said is that the Cup Lump we swell contain a lot of moistre and when it arrive the factorys the weight have lost maybe 34-40%, the rest of the difference goes to the dealiers on the way. 

If you start to produse matts you will lose most of the moister by you self and therfore the difference are smaller. James Collistre had houndreds of posts about this, and as I see it the only advance is that you can sore yor matts if you think the price will rice. But produce and sell direct, Cup Lump gives the best value.

Clear as glass?!?

WIXO

The price I always use is The Thai Nature Rubber Assosiation, the good thing about this is that they have differnet markeks and different qualitys, including Cup Lump. All the others have nothing to comare with, aspecialy Cup Lump.

The Link is http://www.thainr.com/en/ I have used this information all the years we produeced rubber. Usualy we get about 50-55% of the listed price on Cup Lump when we sell to the locals, as I understand it the auctions pay a little more. The reason as I said is that the Cup Lump we swell contain a lot of moistre and when it arrive the factorys the weight have lost maybe 34-40%, the rest of the difference goes to the dealiers on the way. 

If you start to produse matts you will lose most of the moister by you self and therfore the difference are smaller. James Collister had houndreds of posts about this, and as I see it the only advance is that you can sore yor matts if you think the price will rice. But produce and sell direct, Cup Lump gives the best value.

Clear as glass?!?

WIXO