Rubber Trees

Better that philipinos . They r 1day millionares . $million 1 day , nothing the next

huh? sorry i don't understand could you explain please.

Haha . Reading the posts from mosha and others about how som thais lack forsight, reminded me of filipinos . I had a piggery there and lived there for a while . Sometimes id feel sorry for themand throw them some cash . Did they keep it for a rainy day ? Nope , gostraight out and buy beer or icecreem . Not even something useful . 1 guy I had working for me for about 4 years, when I sold the piggery , I bought him a gold plated watch . What did he do? Sold it and bought beer and snacks for all his parasite family . 1 day millionares

OK back from my posting holiday, I now have my badge of honour. 40 families in a near byTambon have had their cars repossessed. Abhisit did warn them the high prices mat not last. Wife won't listen to that one. Sold KY yesterday at 24 baht

• Like 2

OK back from my posting holiday, I now have my badge of honour. 40 families in a near byTambon have had their cars repossessed. Abhisit did warn them the high prices mat not last. Wife won't listen to that one. Sold KY yesterday at 24 baht

Is Jim Collister likely to return from his holiday soon?

Sold at auction today, cup rubber, Udon province, 25.00 baht per kg. The price has been dropping 2 baht per kg every fortnight for the past 8 weeks. Fantastic output from not many tappings this past fortnight has made up for the crap price.

Hi.

I have sobered up since I last was on this thread several years ago. Now being sober 2.5 years, my head is starting to clear a bit blink.png . So I have decided to try some decent small scale experimental supplemental farming (on the rows between the trees) on my wife's rubber three land. I will not cut more than a few trees here and there to make access roads and infrastructure. I have made two big ponds and have electricity on part of the land (some 15 rais out of totally 50).

So I would like to get ideas/advice on modest risk-diversifying start projects needing not more than 10-50kTHB pr project up front.

(I have thought of common veggies, fish, mushrooms, chickens, ducks, pigs). Thanks in advance.

Philo . I dont know what your area is , but down here in Bangsaphan we csn do quite well with long beens . Just 10 x 10 metres gets us about 200 to 300 bart of beens every second day . Not big money, but not big work either . Good beer money .we pick the beens in the early morning sell them house to house or to shops . Finnished by 10AM . I can recomend this , pigshit is good enough pui.

Wing beens r good too but not ss fast growing

Edited by cobbler
  • Like 1

Our trees are around 12 years old.

They've been consistently producing since the age of 10.

Just out of interest, does anybody know of any rubber land being sold lately? I know many have advertised, but whose actually sold? And if so, what prices are people to realistically expect?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Philo . I dont know what your area is , but down here in Bangsaphan we csn do quite well with long beens . Just 10 x 10 metres gets us about 200 to 300 bart of beens every second day . Not big money, but not big work either . Good beer money .we pick the beens in the early morning sell them house to house or to shops . Finnished by 10AM . I can recomend this , pigshit is good enough pui.

Wing beens r good too but not ss fast growing

Thanks. I will see. Common veggies are ok, but I might try mushrooms first. My wife and children lives in the city where the children are going to a "decent" school (if there is such a thing ...), while I live alone in the house/garden in the countryside/jungle (almost 20 kms and 50 minutes to the closest ATM/Seven). So I will hire a local "farm hand" and let the wife's family take the produce to markets of my choice in the pick up. I have this idea about one day selling organic stuff to hotel/restaurants in BKK that I am willing to work on long term - and even lose a bit money on just for having tried it. We'll see. Thanks anyway. Guess I will have to start very small and do more reading/thinking.

• Like 1

Sold yesterday at local auction 25.20 baht for kee yang.

Averaging around 35 kg per rai over two weeks.

Cheers,

J

you guys that have the"older" trees what would you say ok trees at the 8 year old mark would push out per rai @ two weeks worth of work. does this go up much the next year ect.

from what I have read the tree should peek at about 11 year old and stay this way till late teens..........

just that last year we opened are trees and was told that they produce well, compared to the other trees in the village that is, would hate to see their output figures!

thanks.

Depends area, paper , size of trees, health of trees , age , r the owners in debt, have sick family member. R u farang , r they farang? Did I forget anything ?

Some valid points to consider.

What I meant to say was whether anybody knows of rubber land being sold lately, or have prospective buyers been deterred by low rubber prices.

Cheers,

J

Cheers,

J

Hi,

- 76 trees per rai?

- How many tapping days?

Thank you for sharing,

J.

Cheers,

J

you guys that have the"older" trees what would you say ok trees at the 8 year old mark would push out per rai @ two weeks worth of work. does this go up much the next year ect.

from what I have read the tree should peek at about 11 year old and stay this way till late teens..........

just that last year we opened are trees and was told that they produce well, compared to the other trees in the village that is, would hate to see their output figures!

thanks.

There are a lot of variables to consider when determining output. Age, health, species, fertiliser etc.

Based on my experience you should expect to see a steady increase in output up until the 11 year mark. After which output continues to increase, but at a slower rate.

We have trees nearby (not ours) that fill up multiple cups throughout the week. They must be at least 20 years old (diameter around 400mm).

Maybe some of the more experience forum members can advise.

Cheers,

J

Cheers,

J

Hi,

- 76 trees per rai?

- How many tapping days?

Thank you for sharing,

J.

We have adopted the 2 days cut, 1 day rest regime.

This gives us around 8 or 9 days over a two week period. This is often disrupted by rain. Some days we can't get out to cut at all.

We have around 80+ trees per rai. Flat land, about 1000m from a large lake. Trees are RRIM600.

Cheers,

J

Cheers,

J

thanks.

There are a lot of variables to consider when determining output. Age, health, species, fertiliser etc.

Based on my experience you should expect to see a steady increase in output up until the 11 year mark. After which output continues to increase, but at a slower rate.

We have trees nearby (not ours) that fill up multiple cups throughout the week. They must be at least 20 years old (diameter around 400mm).

Maybe some of the more experience forum members can advise.

Cheers,

J

rm600. looked after in the first 4.5 very well. 1000 baht vits ect till age of five years. (then lost interest) opened at 7.5 years 50cm at cutting panel. good canopy ect.

trees look better and bigger then the neighbours but that aint too hard......... udon thani area. just try to get a feel of what a "good" rai of trees should produce, coz around here I feel the plantation are all sub standard.

# Correct, most plantations in Isaan outside of the Mekhong river border areas are sub standard.

# Figures from my books, RIMM 600 trees, these are in previous posts and i'm not posting them again for people who can't be arsed to read back, but still want info NOW;

# 7 year old trees, approx 2100, 6,926 kgs first season.

# 8 year old trees, approx 2300, 12.584 kgs, second season.

# 9 year old trees, approx 2400, 15,711 kgs, third season.

# 10 year old trees, approx, 2500, 5,915 kgs so far. Still got the cool season to come and tapping until the end of January. Expecting comfortably an excess of 20k kgs.

# Also just opened another 1100 6.5 year olds.