Rubber Trees

# Correct, most plantations in Isaan outside of the Mekhong river border areas are sub standard.

# Figures from my books, RIMM 600 trees, these are in previous posts and i'm not posting them again for people who can't be arsed to read back, but still want info NOW;

# 7 year old trees, approx 2100, 6,926 kgs first season.

# 8 year old trees, approx 2300, 12.584 kgs, second season.

# 9 year old trees, approx 2400, 15,711 kgs, third season.

# 10 year old trees, approx, 2500, 5,915 kgs so far. Still got the cool season to come and tapping until the end of January. Expecting comfortably an excess of 20k kgs.

# Also just opened another 1100 6.5 year olds.

thankyou. good info as always.

may have read these figures before, but as you state "could not be arsed to trawl back" don't think people have spoken about out put via the two week window though, hence my question. could have waited for a reply as in no hurry.........

at a quick glance I would say that your trees do "put out" a lot more than in and around our village. wife trees are in between crap and good so can not moan, will see what the wind brings............happy tapping.

that does sound very good out put. even at the crap prices at present that is a good return!

with trees like you have i would not sell em, the price of rubber will "bounce" back sooner or later, better to keep good assets then off load them just cos the price is on the slide.

was told the other day that are trees are being worked again, had almost given up on the workers.......... he who waits (in my case) shall have afew baht in afew weeks or so.....

that does sound very good out put. even at the crap prices at present that is a good return!

with trees like you have i would not sell em, the price of rubber will "bounce" back sooner or later, better to keep good assets then off load them just cos the price is on the slide.

was told the other day that are trees are being worked again, had almost given up on the workers.......... he who waits (in my case) shall have afew baht in afew weeks or so.....

Thoongfoned,

I agree with you to an extent. Should the price of kee yang climb back to the 40 baht range we will all be much happier. With that said, the prices of land will continue to appreciate over time regardleas. Not that long ago, maybe ten years or so, you could buy a rai of good farm land for around 20,000 baht. Nowadays you are looking at much more than that. It's a bit of a cliche, but good things come to those that wait - my 2 satang.

Cheers,

J

• Like 1

Thoongfoned,

I agree with you to an extent. Should the price of kee yang climb back to the 40 baht range we will all be much happier. With that said, the prices of land will continue to appreciate over time regardleas. Not that long ago, maybe ten years or so, you could buy a rai of good farm land for around 20,000 baht. Nowadays you are looking at much more than that. It's a bit of a cliche, but good things come to those that wait - my 2 satang.

Cheers,

J

time.....it costs money to have time, land is always a good bet if you have the time to wait out the peaks and falls. land at present in northern Thailand is on the dear side but thats only cos like you say x amount of years ago it was x monies, almost for free when you look at the bigger picture. plenty of people from other parts of Thailand come in and snap up that dear land no problems, straight to the land office and fly back same day. this happened a week or so ago in my wifes village. lady said buy for later on.........

rubber trees that produce well in my mind are worth keeping even when the price is bad, you always have the land speculation thrown into the equation.

from what you and others have stated rubber aint that bad a bet if you are looking money per rai on your wifes farm land. just gotta wait a long while till they grow. time again........ only hope that our trees can push out a good amount of rubber! still wife would not sell that land anyway.

This bangsaphan , from here onwards south of here have many trees like this . About 22 years old , trees r already massive like this from about 18 year old . If trees r taken care of will still b producing untill 25 to 30year old . 3meter around at chest height . So 1 tap is 1 meter long . Using a 4 liter oil container or this large containerto collect liquid yang . Never use any pui on them other than 300 to 360 barth per bag . False economy they say to put expensive pui on .cheers cobbler

post-146671-14104049590469_thumb.jpg

Edited by cobbler
  • Like 2

now that's a tree! never seen a rubber tree this big, even in Indonesia never seen any thing like this or Phuket!

cobbler i know you are not a fan of the expensive vit bags. from start to 5 ish years old our tree only had this kind of fertilizer applied, plus small amount of cow poo. since we started a pig farm we have mainly been using the free stuff we get every day. still been getting ok growth from the tree since we stopped the shop bought stuff. applied 400g- 500g per tree of the 1000 baht vits before we opened the trees last year, will not do it this year just down to economics.

having said that if i were to buy (from myself) pig poo i would rather go with the shops 1000 baht bags. we can sell the pig poo at 40 baht a bag, and its all pre-sold if you can believe it! some farms i know of only sell to one buyer and they take the lot, year in year out. mush be a good demand for all that poo! (some of these farms house 1000`s of growers)

now that's a tree! never seen a rubber tree this big, even in Indonesia never seen any thing like this or Phuket!

cobbler i know you are not a fan of the expensive vit bags. from start to 5 ish years old our tree only had this kind of fertilizer applied, plus small amount of cow poo. since we started a pig farm we have mainly been using the free stuff we get every day. still been getting ok growth from the tree since we stopped the shop bought stuff. applied 400g- 500g per tree of the 1000 baht vits before we opened the trees last year, will not do it this year just down to economics.

having said that if i were to buy (from myself) pig poo i would rather go with the shops 1000 baht bags. we can sell the pig poo at 40 baht a bag, and its all pre-sold if you can believe it! some farms i know of only sell to one buyer and they take the lot, year in year out. mush be a good demand for all that poo! (some of these farms house 1000`s of growers)

yep I believe everything u r saying . Its all a fine balance . Money out to money in .

Cheers cobbler

Hi, I'm new here, was wanting to ask I have about 80 rai up in Loei, 4 year old rubber trees and about a 1000 7 year old tress, my question is simple, what should I do with the 4 year old trees?. Should I cut my losses and plant some thing else, or hope the price comes back? I can't even find anybody to cut my 7 year old trees! I know nobody has a crystal ball but maybe somebody out their is in the same boat? Thanks

It seems that every day I see more rubber tree plantations, that I didn't know were there. I guess the trees getting to the stage that from a distance you can tell their rubber. Also I understand that the Chinese have planted large amount of trees in Cambodia. I would say that in the next 10 to 20 years there is not much chance of the price getting much over ฿70 a kilogram, and I think that's being pretty optimistic. I think I would investigate selling the trees as lumber. I heard that virgin rubber trees sell at a premium for lumber. Now would be the time to do it, before everyone starts to do it and the lumber price drops, if it hasn't already.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new here, was wanting to ask I have about 80 rai up in Loei, 4 year old rubber trees and about a 1000 7 year old tress, my question is simple, what should I do with the 4 year old trees?. Should I cut my losses and plant some thing else, or hope the price comes back? I can't even find anybody to cut my 7 year old trees! I know nobody has a crystal ball but maybe somebody out their is in the same boat? Thanks

Loei the average altitude is 255 masl (suitable for Pinus Merkusii), what about pinus tree for resin and timber? I really do not know market for sell resin in Thailand, but some countries can buy it from you for sure.

A little Ref. http://www.fao.org/docrep/v5350e/v5350e10.htm

thumbsup.gif

It seems that every day I see more rubber tree plantations, that I didn't know were there. I guess the trees getting to the stage that from a distance you can tell their rubber. Also I understand that the Chinese have planted large amount of trees in Cambodia. I would say that in the next 10 to 20 years there is not much chance of the price getting much over ฿70 a kilogram, and I think that's being pretty optimistic. I think I would investigate selling the trees as lumber. I heard that virgin rubber trees sell at a premium for lumber. Now would be the time to do it, before everyone starts to do it and the lumber price drops, if it hasn't already.

Globally, some 2.2M acres came on line this year. approx 66 M trees

Interesting. When does a tree stop to be virgin? After they are cut? What is the diffence, when all you cut is bark?

Hello experts!

At what point (measured in years or trunk circumference) does it become unnecessary to fertilize rubber trees? Or do we fertilize forever?

Thanks in advance.

I would guess just before you cut them down for timber. It lives, it eats, the better it eats the better it lives. I don't think I would stop fertilizing the trees

Hello experts!

At what point (measured in years or trunk circumference) does it become unnecessary to fertilize rubber trees? Or do we fertilize forever?

Thanks in advance.

I would guess just before you cut them down for timber. It lives, it eats, the better it eats the better it lives. I don't think I would stop fertilizing the trees