B30Mn Coke Bust At Phuket Airport

LivinginKata

"All people dealing illegal drugs should be give the death penalty"

I think that Taksin tried that approach and how did that work out?

When will people get it into their heads that drugs are substances EXACTLY like alcohol which is legal. The very things that you say about drugs have all been said about alcohol yet alcohol remains the single greatest drag on societies.

I'm perfectly comfortable with killing people who use substances and endanger others. I think I will start with the drunken farangs who recklessly share the road with me and my family. Looks like I'm going to be busy for awhile.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway, with 264 Readers here atm I wonder a bit about the Replies on the Thread here..... :whistling:

With more and more Partypeople coming to Phuket every year there will be more and more drugs here too....unfortunately....

Wishing the GOOD OLD TIMES back when Thaksin ruled the Country and just shot the f...g drugdealers directly in their shops (:

no threat anymore, no costs for the community because of drugs-related crimes etc etc etc ..... Usually Cocaine is expensive,

so I wonder a little bit how the addicted ThaiPeople should finance it without committing crimes or having a stupid farang

paying a jet set life :jap:

Have you ever heard about the truth, when Thaksin started his war on drugs?

People received money from cops, when they called them after bringing a bag full of Jaba into their places because of several reasons. Like making more money running the same business........................

The big shots disappeared for three months and so many innocent people got killed. Do you really think it was good to kill anybody without evidence?

There's something in this country which is called high society and I'm talking about rich Thais who can actually afford it.

With all respect what others think about drug users, but killing them doesn't help anybody else. It's just showing that justice doesn't exist, when a cop is allowed to kill when and who he wants.:jap:

All people dealing illegal drugs should be give the death penalty.

What's killing more people? Alcohol or drugs? The only reason why alcohol is such a nice? part in our community is that a lot of taxes are coming in.

Alcohol's destroying so many lives, marriages, friendships, relationships and it kills so many brain cells.

If you'd say yes to kill a drug addict, because he sold drugs being also addicted, then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. :jap:

When the Swiss government canceled his pension 3 months ago, he became desperate for funds to cover overhead costs of his wife's restaurant there.

I thought the point of having a restaurant was making money?

I see you have never had a business with a Thai Wife or you have one that is SUPER RARE :o

Does "SUPER RARE" mean perhaps a woman from a nice family devoid of the concept of leeching off of others as opposed to all of the "my wifes different" ones ?? There are tons of husband wife in business together teams although the husbands are usually Thai's also. Actually off the top of my head a well known aesthetic laser center(s) in which the backbone, heart and soul is from the wife.

Edited by atyclb

What about the Thai drug dealers that were buying the cocaine from him? Any thought to allowing him through customs, following him to his destination and busting the big guys?

Of course not. The big guys are all standing behind him in #8.

Who wants to bet the evidence disappears after our Swiss Steak is char broiled and prosecuted. Hypocrisy at its best; bad Foreigner...Good Thailand.

You have that backwards, the farther down the line the guys are smaller, need to go the other way for the big guys.

The price of cocaine sure has come up. Thats about 6000baht a gram?

In its current stae yes, but before it hits the streets it will be cut with stuff like vitamin B. The street value is high because they consider the quantity after its cut.

hope he got a nice room in the bkk hilton after he got caught

I dont think his will be that nice. For those of you out there that has read this book you will understand. For those of you that haven't get hold of a copy of "The Damage Done" by Warren Fellows. Its about an Aussie guy years ago who gets into all kind of trouble and finds himself in jail for smuggling, you can pick it up from Bookazine or Amazon. Not only is it a fantastic read but you will get a clear understanding of what "The Big Tiger" (BKK Hilton) is like.

This guys is completely screwed now - all for 200,000 that would have been blown in a couple of months. Hope he enjoy's the injection, he deserves it!!

Black Cocaine? That is certainly not politically correct. Cocaine of color, maybe. For a restaurant? Thought he could pass it of as Swiss chocolate i guess. Feel sorry for the guy. (Although an idiot) Swiss prisons i'm sure are lovely, Thai not so much.ermm.gif

Cocaine of color... man you gotta be fricking kidding me!!!

Black cocaine is perfectly correct because it's a substance we're talking about and not people or a race.

And even if we were talking about people to use the term black to address people of dark color is perfectly acceptable! Ever heard someone saying black community for example?

Going back to the blow, it is called black cocaine (coca negro in the latin languages) because it's usually black in color due to being mixed with charcoal or other black substances. There's an article on wikipedia about it.

Black Cocaine? That is certainly not politically correct. Cocaine of color, maybe. For a restaurant? Thought he could pass it of as Swiss chocolate i guess. Feel sorry for the guy. (Although an idiot) Swiss prisons i'm sure are lovely, Thai not so much.ermm.gif

Black cocaine is perfectly correct because it's a substance we're talking about and not people or a race.

And even if we were talking about people to use the term black to address people of dark color is perfectly acceptable! Ever heard someone saying black community for example?

Going back to the blow, it is called black cocaine (coca negro in the latin languages) because it's usually black in color due to being mixed with charcoal or other black substances. There's an article on wikipedia about it.

yes my attempt at humour so sorryjap.gif

There is always more to the story, he knew exactly what was involved and what he was doing, he was confident he would get away with it.

It is beyond comprehension to put a price on your life, and drug smuggling not just here, but anywhere in the world is crazy.

Live by the sword, and you will die by it.

I feel no pity for fools like this.

I Hope the Thai polices investigate him and find out more who is behind the whole story......it is very Serious in my point of view...Why not catch the Big Fish who is destroying several families and the Druggies???

Some one was hiring him to smuggle and he got caught so he Used the Press to clear his name but, it would not work...$200,000 of Drug...well what can I say...he needed Money so bad then he was walking through the Wall... but, how many times he went through this type of work??

Sad...if he gets away What kind of damage he will do to others?? How many pp will addict to his Drug? How many families will have to go through Hell with his drug?? Is the Big Fish is going to help him?? I don't think so...$6000 worth for many years in Jail??

Now I can understand many Negative Comments toward him?? I hope all Farangs give Feed back toward the One who was hiring the Swiss guy?? We do not know??? My take and an opinion.

Poor sucker. Such a penalty would be out of question in Europe or the US.

You are so Right?? Try this in America then he knows he will not make it in jail. Many prisoners will not hesitate to kill each others for little nonsense stuff. I am standing tall.

Lt Col Prawit Engchuan of Phuket City Police said officers were tipped off by an unnamed informant that a large drug shipment from South America was expected to move through the airport.

Here is a tip for the police. If they are sitting in their office and an anonymous tip comes in saying a drug shipment is coming in on a certain plane on a certain person , you can rest assured that the bulk of the shipment is with some one else, not the idiot mule that was simply a give away. So next time they get a tip, the police should tear apart the luggage of EVERY ONE on the plane, then maybe they will find the real shipment.

Of course ! Good thinking !

I got your joke right away. Some obviously didn't get it.

Have to be careful with humor on these threads !

The price of cocaine sure has come up. Thats about 6000baht a gram?

In its current stae yes, but before it hits the streets it will be cut with stuff like vitamin B. The street value is high because they consider the quantity after its cut.

1 gramm is 2.500 Baht @ Sukhumvit :ph34r:

I liked your joke.B)

Lt Col Prawit Engchuan of Phuket City Police said officers were tipped off by an unnamed informant that a large drug shipment from South America was expected to move through the airport.

Here is a tip for the police. If they are sitting in their office and an anonymous tip comes in saying a drug shipment is coming in on a certain plane on a certain person , you can rest assured that the bulk of the shipment is with some one else, not the idiot mule that was simply a give away. So next time they get a tip, the police should tear apart the luggage of EVERY ONE on the plane, then maybe they will find the real shipment.

I think the Police/customs already got their tip when they were given the mule. Allowing the real shipment through unhindered. Everyone happy.

jb1

I think the Police/customs already got their tip when they were given the mule. Allowing the real shipment through unhindered. Everyone happy.

jb1

wonder if he will be as lucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opEeuieuuuU&feature=related

hope he got a nice room in the bkk hilton after he got caught

I dont think his will be that nice. For those of you out there that has read this book you will understand. For those of you that haven't get hold of a copy of "The Damage Done" by Warren Fellows. Its about an Aussie guy years ago who gets into all kind of trouble and finds himself in jail for smuggling, you can pick it up from Bookazine or Amazon. Not only is it a fantastic read but you will get a clear understanding of what "The Big Tiger" (BKK Hilton) is like.

This guys is completely screwed now - all for 200,000 that would have been blown in a couple of months. Hope he enjoy's the injection, he deserves it!!

I think you will find that he will enter a plea of guilty.To get sentence commuted to life.

I know a guy in the UK, had a friend who drifted, over here about 20yrs ago. Liked it so decided to stay, got involved with the drug scene. Got banged up in the Hilton. Lasted for 18yrs before topping himself.jb1

Balmer also told the Phuket Gazette he didn't know that the black material he was carrying was cocaine until the police told him. (- Phuket Gazette 2011-05-11)

Balmer, who had been in Thailand for four to five years, spoke some Thai and had a Thai wife in Nakhon Ratchasima, reportedly told police he was hired for about US$6,000 (Bt180,000) to smuggle the cocaine from Bolivia. (- The Nation 2011-05-12 )

Som Nam Na. There's not more to say.

I'm wondering about the classification of drugs. Do they really think that cocaine is less dangerous than heroin? :jap:

Here's the link: http://www.thailawfo...ct-part2-2.html

Section 7 Narcotics shall be classified into 5 categories, viz :

(1) category I consists of dangerous narcotics such as heroin;

(2)category II consists of ordinary narcotics such as morphine, cocaine, codeine, medicinal opium;

(3)category III consists of narcotics which are in the form of medicinal formula and contain narcotics of category II as ingredients in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Minister and published in the Government Gazette;

(4)category IV consists of chemicals used for producing narcotics of category I or category II such as acetic anhydride, acetyl chloride ;

(5)category V consists of narcotics which are not included in category I to category IV such as marijuana, kratom plant.

Yes as a matter of fact both are dangerous, but cocain is somewhat easier to get out of. I have been addicted of both before and so i know, but then again i am just one man and i dont know much about others experiences.

Since time immemorial these hard drug busts in Thailand have almost invariably been as result of informants, at least reportedly so. One wonders just why it is so profitable to grass on these mules (I doubt there is a moral angle); perhaps there is a little "recycling" going on here?

Send over 10 mules and grass on one so 9 get through.That's is what has been happening in the UK for years.

Balmer also told the Phuket Gazette he didn't know that the black material he was carrying was cocaine until the police told him. (- Phuket Gazette 2011-05-11)

Balmer, who had been in Thailand for four to five years, spoke some Thai and had a Thai wife in Nakhon Ratchasima, reportedly told police he was hired for about US$6,000 (Bt180,000) to smuggle the cocaine from Bolivia. (- The Nation 2011-05-12 )

Som Nam Na. There's not more to say.

I'm wondering about the classification of drugs. Do they really think that cocaine is less dangerous than heroin? :jap:

Here's the link: http://www.thailawfo...ct-part2-2.html

Section 7 Narcotics shall be classified into 5 categories, viz :

(1) category I consists of dangerous narcotics such as heroin;

(2)category II consists of ordinary narcotics such as morphine, cocaine, codeine, medicinal opium;

(3)category III consists of narcotics which are in the form of medicinal formula and contain narcotics of category II as ingredients in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Minister and published in the Government Gazette;

(4)category IV consists of chemicals used for producing narcotics of category I or category II such as acetic anhydride, acetyl chloride ;

(5)category V consists of narcotics which are not included in category I to category IV such as marijuana, kratom plant.

Yes as a matter of fact both are dangerous, but cocain is somewhat easier to get out of. I have been addicted of both before and so i know, but then again i am just one man and i dont know much about others experiences.

I know a lot of people in the UK that use cocaine as a recreational drug. I also know of two who are on Heroin. Nothing recreational about that. Personally I don't know if one is worse/more addictive than the other.

There is always the argument that has been said on this thread and that is what is worse, Alcohol or cocaine, as I do believe

that alcohol does ruin more lives + kills more people annualy.

jb1

a) black cocaine is - politically correct - called cocaine with colourful migration background

B) at the end it is the Swiss government's fault as they cancelled his pension. They actually cancel pensions only if the pension is not justified and, well, the Swiss tax payers possibly did not appreciate that their tax money goes down the usual farang restaurant shoot in Phuket

c) deal with such pigs to the fullest extent of the law. If he admits his guilt, its life (usually not more than 15 years) where he will learn his lesson. By the time he is out then ...... he will return to Switzerland and get a pension because his mental condition will justify for a pension

d) while he is in prison, the government (the Swiss, that is) supports his jail term with visits, pocket money and all those things which are in short supply at the Bangkok Hilton

= conclusion; the Swiss government (i.e. tax payer) foots this bill as well; how sickening!

I rest my case, Sawasdee -jap.gif

To many young Swiss Peaple, i know, get their big pensions for silly reasons, jusst because they are lazy to work, using a little back pain excuse for example. Some of them getting big pensions from Swisss goverment buying here condos, rent them out or doing other businesses. It's amazing!!! I'm Swiss my self (don't get a p[ension) and i know plenty of them here in Pataya. Crazy, isn't it?