Former Massage Parlor Tycoon Chuwit Unveils His Party With Bull Terrier Logo

webfact

Wrong again.

It is an English Bull Terrier.

Please go to the thread I mentioned above for the correct information.

Uh, here's a bulletin for you: the dog pictured is NOT a pit bull terrier. It's an American Bull Terrier, and nothing like a pit bull.

Just saying...think Spuds McKenzie.

Yes, it definietely is an English Bull Terrier, I've bred English bull terriers and Staffordshire bull terriers when I lived in the UK, I now own a Pitbull. The nickname for the English bull terrier is "Gladiator"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He gained national prominence by his fortune amassed from running the country's largest massage parlour.

Not entirely true. He gained much prominence by being the top thug who hired pick-up truck loads of thugs wielding wood and metal sticks - who showed up one night and leveled an entire city block of downtown Bangkok. That event violently destroyed many regular vendors' modest enterprises. Authorities knew he was the head honcho and paymaster, but when Chuwit surfaced days later (after hiding out by the side of a hwy), he threatened to reveal dirt on the top brass of his local police force (read: he knew first hand who was getting bribes to allow prostitution, and how much each was being paid), that the police chiefs let Chuwit off the hook.

The man is a, ''Maverick.'' I admire his stance he actually gave life to the comment , ''The Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stirred a few hornets nests or two and he debunked more than one of the old stuffed animated political Dinosaurs that abounded, and still in Thailand

Yea, Mavericks make good movie characters, but if you look closely at how they manifest on a day to day basis, you won't want to be on their bad side - could be quite painful - like a baseball bat to the head.

I like him! Vote for him! He's got a good big mouth and would certainly be an asset to the opposition. THAIS VOTE FOR CHUWIT!!! I remember his classy election posters a couple of years back, with a hammer or another with binoculars. Who is interested in real politics in Thailand anyway? C'mon he would add some more amusing scenes to the parliament sessions as well!

He gained national prominence by his fortune amassed from running the country's largest massage parlour.

Not entirely true. He gained much prominence by being the top thug who hired pick-up truck loads of thugs wielding wood and metal sticks - who showed up one night and leveled an entire city block of downtown Bangkok. That event violently destroyed many regular vendors' modest enterprises. Authorities knew he was the head honcho and paymaster, but when Chuwit surfaced days later (after hiding out by the side of a hwy), he threatened to reveal dirt on the top brass of his local police force (read: he knew first hand who was getting bribes to allow prostitution, and how much each was being paid), that the police chiefs let Chuwit off the hook.

The man is a, ''Maverick.'' I admire his stance he actually gave life to the comment , ''The Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stirred a few hornets nests or two and he debunked more than one of the old stuffed animated political Dinosaurs that abounded, and still in Thailand

Yea, Mavericks make good movie characters, but if you look closely at how they manifest on a day to day basis, you won't want to be on their bad side - could be quite painful - like a baseball bat to the head.

Have to say that stunt of his of clearing his property of all the tenants in one night was an amazing bit of Thailand. Come in the middle of the night with thugs and bulldozers, and destroy everything. He had a fall guy all set up ,but that apparently was not enough when the heat got turned up on him. Then came the threat of spilling everything he knows about the established political structure........... Pooof !! It all went away instantly...... He must know a lot.... :-)

Throws up a cheap little park on the site, and then tries to pass himself off as philanthropist. The property is still going up in value, and am pretty sure in a couple of years a high rise building will be going up on that site. This guy is so transparent even the Thais see through him. As I recall when he ran for office in Bangkok he did not do well...... Thais have this odd belief that rich people will not loot the government, this had been clearly debunked in the past !

Also.....an American Staffordshire Terrier is not an American Pit Bull Terrier. However, it is a cousin to it because it was inbred solely for pit fighting. Just an FYI.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanstaffordshire.htm

Oops, posted from my phone and just re-read my post. Meant to say that a pit bull is an American Bull Terrier (or Staffordshire Terrier). The pictured dog is, of course, an English Bull Terrier.

Even spells 'color' with an extra 'u' ...

Sorry.

Sounds a lot like MAFIA or does he warrant a different title?

For some reason I kinda like this guy. That poster of him with the sledgehammer (I'm breaking down the walls of corruption...) was world class. I wonder who his PR agent is....

I did sympathize, however, with those whose businesses were destroyed when he razed his land around Sukhumvit Soi 10 to the ground.

I seem to recall that when he blew the lid on the bribes he was paying he actually provided a breakdown of who was receiving what from the 12m or so that he was paying every month and they published it in the BKK Post. He didn't go so far as naming names but referred to "3 sergeants at Lumpini" who received xxx per month - "a major at Thonglor" who received xxx per month. What I found interesting was that I had always kind of assumed that in a situation like this you just paid the top guy, and he then decided what was to be filtered down to the minions. If I remember correctly, according to Chuwit, he actually paid them all individually.

Throws up a cheap little park on the site, and then tries to pass himself off as philanthropist. The property is still going up in value, and am pretty sure in a couple of years a high rise building will be going up on that site. This guy is so transparent even the Thais see through him. As I recall when he ran for office in Bangkok he did not do well...... Thais have this odd belief that rich people will not loot the government, this had been clearly debunked in the past !

My thoughts exactly.

A comment on moderation has been removed. In future, if you have any questions about forum moderation, please take them up with board moderator concerned by PM or feel free to send an email to: support(at)thaivisa.com

it is a bit like a prostitue. they can never change what they used to be. if this man did not make his money in the massage palors then the headline infront of his name will never disopear.

hence they can only chase their ever lasting love for money :whistling:

at least there is no need to cover up with lies about his shady past. infact it isn't really that shady compaired to other world leaders

Edited by BigC

Pimp Dawg Party FTW!

LOL atleast he's being real about it!

Pimp Dawg Party, has a nice ring to it. :lol:

Where is the reality show featuring all the political characters? The thai tvs would be tuned into, blaring away. My wife just shakes her head at all the nonsense that goes on in the thai government/politics. Thaksin wanted to give everybody free phones , who he could then bill. Now he wants free computers? Who will be making the money? Keep the people dumb, distract them. Pimp dawg party would be fun. Yes, I know it is not only in thailand. Maybe a poster of Chuwit having his dog hump his leg.:lol:

Who gives a shit about his dog ????

Surely the more relevant facts about him are the way he earned his money and his low moral values.

IF !! He were elected would he want to open a massage parlour in every town ? Maybe start a new chain of shops called " 69 "?

Just because he sold off his business interests years ago does not change his obvious low moral values.

In the West most politicians want to be photographed holding a baby during an election campaign to promote a warm and friendly image.

He is photographed with a dog ?

Most Thais are not dog lovers, unless it is cooked with a spicy sauce and served with rice bah.gif

Most Thais are not dog lovers, unless it is cooked with a spicy sauce and served with rice bah.gif

Most Thais are dog lovers. Most Thais do not eat dogs. You get out much?

Wrong again.

It is an English Bull Terrier.

Please go to the thread I mentioned above for the correct information.

Uh, here's a bulletin for you: the dog pictured is NOT a pit bull terrier. It's an American Bull Terrier, and nothing like a pit bull.

Just saying...think Spuds McKenzie.

It's a Thai Bull Terrier, it was born here. I am sure it can't woof in British or American English, and it would surely turn its nose up at a Staffordshire delicacy and devour a good portion of Chao Nieow Nahm Tok.

Edited by Estrada

Most Thais are dog lovers. Most Thais do not eat dogs. You get out much?

I think it is you who does not get out much !!

I live in Esaan and see the dozens of caged pick up trucks loaded with dogs on their way to the big dog market near Sakhonakon. And they are not being sold as pets !!!

If Thais love their dogs why do most of the dogs cower when approached by people?

I have seen the way Thais, adults and children just kick a dog because it is in their way.

OK City folk seem to love their dogs But country folk prefer them with a bowl of rice

Brings to mind the PJ O'Rourke book "Parliament of Whores" about US congress. He does rub some the wrong way

For some reason I sort of like him. Ideology? What's that? Platform? What, live music here? It's refreshingly just about power: how to get it, how to use it

Sure why not, the more the merrier, plus FREE massage for everyone, :whistling: what a complete circus this election is going to be :blink:

Don't forget two of the three national ID databases are down, and I am sure the third will meet with a tragic "technical problem" just in time for the election. Just like it was in the USA back in the day. Vote Early and often.

"I have lived in this village all my life, these three policemen will vouch for me"

Interesting times indeed. This man is the original owner of the big "Chaophraya" 1, 2 and 3 "massage parlors" as they are called. As such, he has been 'very well connected' for a long time as those places have never been bothered by the BIB. This is in part due to the "high power/high rolling" clientele he kept and catered to - I mean no cop here is going to go busting his bosses ass if he is sane - but also the huge clout Mr. Chuwit has personally around BKK. I am not saying he is at all as I don't know for a fact, but many Thais I know claim he is "big Mafia". What ever the truth, he is much respected/feared by most Thais. This chain must have been started at least 15 years ago, maybe up to 20 years ago and was back then and up to only recently, the only large well organized high class/high profile parlor that was openly public in offering its services, like a hotel, as opposed to all of its competition who had to stay if not 'underground' at least in the back alleys. I happened to be taken to Chaophraya 2, which is not far from Kao San road where I was staying way back then, by a Tuk Tuk driver I knew. I asked him to take me to a "professional massage" place, as I was feeling a bit sore from my Thai boxing lessons and felt like relaxing. This was early evening. I remember being surprised at the size of the place and judging from the number of cars in the park, could see it was very popular. This gave me confidence. We were at first refused entry - they didn't cater to "Farangs" - but my guy and a 100 bht tip got me inside. My guy said he would pick me up in a couple of hours. I was ushered in to a very nice lobby, where I was sat at a table and given cold towels and iced water. I saw a bar off one side and a restaurant next to it. All very encouraging. A lady whose English was not much better than my Thai was back then, came and asked what I wanted. Basic massage was 300 bht and oil 100 bht extra. Drinks and food extra. I was then taken to my first surprise. Behind a huge sheet of glass on tiered benches, sat dozens of girls of all types, all exceptional, each with a number. The lady asked me which number I want for massage. Despite my doubts to her ability, I picked one. I was then taken upstairs by elevator to a small room where I was shown to strip and wrap in a towel. Next was a sauna and that was followed by two ladies in their 30s, who gave me one of the best, most thorough, memorable oil massages I have had in Thailand. My "number" turned up at this point and led me off to a huge bath to clean off, then introduced me to some of the other services offered, of which all I will say were every bit as good as the massage! Mr. Chuwit has sat down with and entertained just about all of the major figures in politics, law and armed forces since then. Keeping company like this for such a long time, I believe Mr. Chuwit could know more about the running of this country than his competition. At any rate. If he can keep his temper under control and run Thailand even half as well as he did his parlors, we will all benefit.

Interesting times indeed. This man is the original owner of the big "Chaophraya" 1, 2 and 3 "massage parlors" as they are called. As such, he has been 'very well connected' for a long time as those places have never been bothered by the BIB. This is in part due to the "high power/high rolling" clientele he kept and catered to - I mean no cop here is going to go busting his bosses ass if he is sane - but also the huge clout Mr. Chuwit has personally around BKK.

Wasn't he arrested a few years back by the cops and then spilled the beans on how much in bribes he paid the police over the years running into millions of baht? That's the sort of clout I can live without!

Why do politicians think that political parties need to have 'love' (rak) in their name - does it make them more friendly / caring / or something. I guess there is just so much love in politics here in LOS

Love has a different meaning in Thailand it is not the sincere type of love Westerners know.

Love is just for show here it does not come from the heart.

555555 Thank you Khun Or I was going to send the same message but you got it.

For those who are ignorant of the different between Pit Bulls and English Bull Terriers, please go to this thread for a full explanation.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/244941-English-Bull-Terriers/

EBT's have a better tem

Massage parlours and pit bulls - classy!

LMAO! Agreed. I also love how bully breeds are illegal to bring into Thailand, yet he uses one to rep his party.

post-1278-0-19537900-1305261885_thumb.jp

Chuwit is of course the owner of the park near Soi 10 Sukumvit which he "donated" for public use.It used to be rabbit warren of small bars and which he had levelled one morning,at 3 am, by an army of workers.Of course we will never know whether the people who leased the space were ever compensated.His dirt file on politicians and police would take up a decent sized library so he is untouchable.Yes he is a maverick, yes he does cause some amusement but is he just another distraction from what are worrying times for Thai people.

Oops, posted from my phone and just re-read my post. Meant to say that a pit bull is an American Bull Terrier (or Staffordshire Terrier). The pictured dog is, of course, an English Bull Terrier.

Sorry.

It's not an extra u. Colour is proper English language. Just Americans decided to take it out.

Sorry.

It's not an extra u. Colour is proper English language. Just Americans decided to take it out.

agreed

American English = Lazy English

Also hate that American word " Gotten " so childish