Giving Birth In Pattaya

machans88

Our first child is due in late october,farang father/thai wife,does anyone have any recent experiences with hospitals around patts,

prices,level of care etc etc.Also do they try to persuade you to have a c section,

can father be present at birth

we are looking at bangkok pattaya hospital,seems expensive

banglamung hospital not sure on price or level of care

Sri racha i think is too much of a drive

sattahip not sure

thanks in advance

When I go to Banglamung Hospital in Naklua, I noticed they perform a lot of deliveries. I don't know the price, but prices would be cheaper than BPH. Thais can't afford BPH. Something you could check out.

We had ours at BPH. If you book in advance you can get a package (4 days, 3 nights I think) for around 40K, which i didn't think was too bad, all things considered. Unless prices have sky rocketed in the past 3 years I would recommend it. Yes, they do try to push toward the C-section - in our case it was because it was our first, my missus is a bit older and they told us it was going to be quite a big baby - all of which sounded reasonable/plausible.

I think you can be present at the birth if natural but I wasn't invited to witness the C-section, which was fine by me. They also have half decent sofas in the rooms and welcome any family members that want to stay in the room with the mother and new born.

When I go to Banglamung Hospital in Naklua, I noticed they perform a lot of deliveries. I don't know the price, but prices would be cheaper than BPH. Thais can't afford BPH. Something you could check out.

From my experience, both at my own child's birth and a from visiting a few friends who have delivered there, I would say the majority of deliveries at BPH are Thai-Thai couples. I could be wrong but it certainly seemed that way.

Our baby is going to be born in July in Bangkok...Its a boy...I will let you know our experiences....My wife lives in Bangkok and the baby is going to be born in a medium level private hospital.:jap:

BPH proved to be excellent in all respects for us at B41K package excluding pre and post consultations.. No hidden extras in the package. I chose to be present at C-S (B400 fee) and they unexpectedly provided many wondrous photos of baby from about 10 seconds old. Baby now 9 months so prices I quote are quite current.. Friend's very recent package in Bang Na was B60K for comparison.

From my experience, both at my own child's birth and a from visiting a few friends who have delivered there, I would say the majority of deliveries at BPH are Thai-Thai couples. I could be wrong but it certainly seemed that way.

Maybe I should have clarified it to say the majority of Thais can't afford BPH.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the posts,we have checked out the banglamung hospital,prices seem to be around the 30000bht mark,my partners quite happy with the doctor she is seeing as well,time will tell

:whistling:Do you have a private room or are in in a ward. A private room is more.B)

Do it in Bangkok - much better hospitals. Ours were born in Samitivej and BNH.

It is much fairer for the kid in later life too, not having to say he/she was born in Pattaya.

Haha..but they could say Chonburi !!

• Like 1

Paid 40k package at Bangkok Pattaya in October 2005. Breech position with big baby that couldn't be turned.

C-section with me present.Superb room/after care etc etc-5 nights in the hospital-no extras added whatsoever !!

And a massive bundle of goodies when we left.

Both of my kids where born at Bangkok Pattaya hospital.

First normal, second one C-section. We have also seen

the doctor pre-delivery for the entire pregnancy.

Delivery was around 35K for the first one and around 45K

for the C section. That included a private room for 3 days

the first time and 4 days the second time. I stayed in the

room with my wife as well.

I was in the room for both deliveries.

Overall care was fantastic, pre-and post care was excellent

Our doctor(Thai/Chinese) was very pleasant, spoke perfect

English, took her time to explain everything and prep us for

delivery.

If I had to do it again, I would use them again. It's not just

delivery but the complete package you have to look at.

Cheers,

rudi

PS: The baby care for the first couple of days is excellent as

well. You want people you can trust with your newborn. We

where both exhausted after delivery, and their newborn ward

was excellent. We had 24h access and security was tide as well.

Edited by luudee

goverment hospital 30 baht scheme Banglamung, same result, Thais seem to do ok with as do friends wives, or you can have the oh thats not good enough for my wife view and pay silly money elsewhere for same result.

upto you, 100,000!!!!!!! they drop them in the rice fields back home. Makes me wonder how the Thai race survived before all these private hospitals, and cash rich farangs.

Edited by NALAK

goverment hospital 30 baht scheme Banglamung, same result, Thais seem to do ok with as do friends wives, or you can have the oh thats not good enough for my wife view and pay silly money elsewhere for same result.

upto you, 100,000!!!!!!! they drop them in the rice fields back home. Makes me wonder how the Thai race survived before all these private hospitals, and cash rich farangs.

+1 nothing wrong with Banglamung. Plenty of my friends have had children delivered there.

My Falang/Thai kid was born at Banglamung Hospital.

Not much of a big secret delivering a baby. Folks been doin it for a long time. We had a private room. Thai wife delivered the 8 pound 8 ounce baby. Thai wife had a bleeding problem due to the baby being twice the size of most Thai babys and this being Thai wife's first baby. Thai wife and baby and me and anywhere from 4 - 10 other Thai people stayed in the private room ( 8 days ) while Thai wife was tended to. Baby also had jaundice so baby was also tended to for 3 days (in addition to the standard two days ).

Total cost in 2007 was 22,000 baht

All in

My other 2 babys were also born in Thai public hospitals. Those two were born in Thai wifes Muang, so, I basically just paid 600 baht per day for the private room.

Not much of a big secret delivering a baby.

The Baby Doctor in Pattaya Memorial is a lovely lady we had monthly scans with her and if we were still in Pattaya would have no hesitation in having our son there.

Family reasons meant we had to come to UK to give birth but if we were in Pattaya it would have been the Memorial for sure.

I think it's between 30-40K Baht there depending on the level of care needed.

I was just at Pattaya International Hospital over there on Soi 4. I went as an outpatient for a minor skin condition and things went well. In and out in an hour for a reasonable price. I did notice there was an ATM machine right next to the cashier and pharmacy window! While there I was reading some of their service brochures. They had a pretty comprehensive list of Giving birth options. 2 days, 3 days, semi private room etc. Looked like the option that was one step up from the basic delivery was a good value, on the order of 29,000 baht. 2 days overnight semi private I think it was. You might want to stop by and check out the brochure and ask them some questions. I am sure they are prepared for such queries.

Well, the race survived. The stronger typically survive. But the child mortality rate was fairly high as one might expect in primitive conditions. Interesting philosophical question is if it is good in the long run for the race? Let the weaker survive or just let the strong survive? The ancient Spartans practiced child selection to cullout the "inferior" babies based upon their own criteria.