Low Season

BugJackBaron

I'm amazed at how many people seem to still be here. The russians have not gone home to the beautiful moscow spring. The bars and walking street still packed. Is it really low season yet? Has your landlord given you a low season discount?

What's your feeling?

Numbers in the past few years have exploded due to Russians, Indians and the Chinese. Do these people tend to prefer the same seasons as the Europeans and other nationalities or do they not care and thus have the old seasonal effects been smoothed out to some extent?

There has been a noticeable drop in Russians since Songkran. Because the roads are so congested all year around you never really feel seasonal change.

Guess what? Most people in Pattaya are Thai. They're not going anywhere.

trafficwise no low season like last year. bars? i do not know really. the good established ones seem to be ok as usual. but over the yearsnthe bar business is getting boring to me. lucky tourists, they really enjoy it. good thing i drastically reduced alcohol consumption, bad thg...without alsohol you are an alien here.

. good thing i drastically reduced alcohol consumption, bad thg...without alsohol you are an alien here.

That's probably why you drank so much in the first place - an obsessive need to blend in and lack of self confidence. I have no problem living here as a non-drinker. I never give it a second thought.