Need A Few True Answers On Honda Wave 110 Fi And 125 Fi

Time to get my next new toy. Been looking at the new 2011 Honda waves as well as the Yamaha 135 of the same type

The bike will be used 95% in town daily driving. 5% road tips and I mean far 2000 - 5000 km road trips at a time

Does anyone have one of these newer Fuel injected units ? and what is the true top speed and mpg or km/l that you get

I would also maybe consider the yamaha spark 135 I think they call it with water cooling and 4 valve head I think

Thanks for any help, the shops always give you pie in the shy answers

PGM-FI works by injecting the right amount of fuel per cylinder based on specific engine data. The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has sensors which measure the temperatures of the engine, coolant, oil, and outside air as well as pressure sensors to monitor oil and barometric pressure. Based on these readings and the location of the throttle, the ECU calculates how much oxygen and fuel should be mixed for optimal and efficient performance. (Wikipedia)

Top speeds

Wave 110: 100 kph

Wave 125 115-120 kph

Spark: 120-130 kph

*I don't have much experience riding any of these bikes. These numbers were given to me by one of my mechanics. Perhaps other forums with these bikes could give some imput. Best of luck.

Brian

Edited by SumetCycle

You should get about 70km/l for the Wave 110 and 55km/l for the Wave 125. Sorry, not sure about the Spark.

But the 110 has a tiny fuel tank so you will be topping up a lot especially if you run it at the max speed. if you are going to get one get the 125 or 135 they are also more stable at the higher speeds.

You should get about 70km/l for the Wave 110 and 55km/l for the Wave 125. Sorry, not sure about the Spark.

But the 110 has a tiny fuel tank so you will be topping up a lot especially if you run it at the max speed. if you are going to get one get the 125 or 135 they are also more stable at the higher speeds.

The wave 110 is rated at 3.7 L tank and honda claims 57 km/l

The wave 125 is rated at 4.0 L tank and I can not find a claim they make for fuel mileage.

So both should go about the same 200 km per tank I would hope. My wifes 2010 Mio 125 GT only gets 35 km/l and a dismal top spped of 88km/h that is why I am worried ot get another Yamaha. I was hoping someone with real life experance with one of these models could help shed some real world real life expereances on the topic

Thanks

If you want a Yamaha you should wait until they start with Fi which they eventually will do due to Honda are using it.

My wifes 2009 Fino, go 100 km/h and fuel economy is something like 35-40 km/l and very reliable, never broke down, 11.000 km now and counting.

Well the topic was H. Wave, had the 110 & 125 cc carb. models, indestructible little bikes, rock solid, the 125 had problems with a dirty carb. once, but 100 bath later it was like new again. Prefer an auto scooter as it is easier to drive in heavy traffic, twist the throttle and go.

I have a Wave 125i the real world figures are 50km / l or even a bit more; and 100kph top speed. Maybe you'll get 110 if you hold down the throttle on a long straight but 100 is pretty much as fast as she goes under normal conditions. Which is just as well as the bike really doesn't feel comfortable at 100...

Fantastic quality, this bike lasts for years and years with little or no maintenance. In the 6 years I had it I had to replace the chain once. That was it. 400 baht! :)

Oh and if I keep it in storage for 2 months, then use it again, the electric starter fires up first time. This is some rock-solid engineering.

Edited by nikster

Waves are good bikes but I cant recommend the wave auto as the one I have doesnt seem to be real solid, noisy trans (lots of backlash from the gears ?) and the battery is already going bad with less than ten months on it. Remember too with an auto your mileage will drop quite a bit. I bought it mainly because of reputation and having dual rear shocks a must for two-up riding, just waiting for the depreciation factor to settle down before I sell it.

If you want a Yamaha you should wait until they start with Fi which they eventually will do due to Honda are using it.

The Yamaha Spark 135 mentioned in the OP is fuel injected, has been since November 2010.

I loved the carburetor 125 - and rented a new 110 cc with EFI yesterday. I prefer the 125, but then the rental bike's engine is somehow maladjusted. Size matters! Even in town, going through the gears, the difference was profound IMHO.

• 11 months later...

Got the Honda Wave 125 FI in December. Have played with a few things. I felt the tires were small and needed upgrading. They just did not give me confadence And my heavy weight the shocks were at there limit. So now I have a Donlot 80/80 front tire and a 90/80 back tire. This ment new rims of a larger size.1.85 front and 2.15 rear. A sizable increase. The stock shocks were changed out too. The larger tires changed the gearing too much so a change in the sprokets were needed to bring it to True speed on the Speedo. I have used it now a little more than 5 months, Have 9000 km on it, I have added a front basket and rear rack. I have taken MIni tours like and Mae Hong Son loop on it as well as Mae Sai for a visa run. And 2 up with 200 kilo load it did fine. Top speed, not indicated, but true down a long straight away so far is 130 kph and the worst tank I got 50 kpl. It is rated at 62 kpl. The best I got was on a lazy ride over 2 mountain passes to Lampang solo and got 78 kpl. My average is about 56 running around town. Next up later this month or early next is a 2 week 6000 km loop of Thailand. But before that I have just one more test for it, the "Drop dead" test. How far it goes before running dry.

Anyone care to ride along all or part of it ?