Neighbors, Sisters And Knocking

happyrobert

Our neighbor is a nice middle-aged lady. Her sister, who lives a few doors down, is also nice but apparently lacking in the knowledge that knocking on the front door--or any door for that matter--is a really efficient way to see if anyone is home. Or perhaps calling ahead on the cell phone.

No. For the past two months, the sister stops the motorcycle in the small soi about 5 meters from my door and staying seated, she repeats her sister's name 20-25 times (yes, we've counted). Something like this:

Jow! ... 2 seconds (normal conversational level) ... Jow! ... two seconds ... Jow! ... 2 seconds ... Jow! ...2 seconds ... Jow! ... 2 seconds ... Jow! ... two seconds ... Jow! (drill sargent level) ... 2 seconds ... Jow! ...2 seconds ... Jow! ... 2 seconds ... Jow! (barking dog level) ... two seconds ... Jow! ... 2 seconds ... Jow! ...2 seconds ... Jow!(Daytona 500 level) ... 2 seconds ... Jow! ... two seconds ... Jow! ... 2 seconds ... Jow! (Saturn 5 lift-off level)

She typically does this two or three times a day. Everyday. Since my house is slightly in front of the neighbor's, I get to enjoy this serenade when the neighbor is not home. Which is pretty much every dam_n day as she works. Which is also when I'm reading a book, napping, listening to Mozart, or making boom-boom.

If I go outside and look at her in the midst of or at the end of her salutation, she says, "Is Jow home?"

I remember reading Mad Magazine's "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions" when I was a kid. I got pretty good at it, actually, but I am at a loss for how to deal with this.

Edited by happyrobert

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how generous you are feeling and how badly you want her to stop? :D

Buy her a pair of walkie talkie - maybe she's too skimp to call and too lazy to walk to the door bell

With your walkie talkie she wouldn't even have to get on her motorbike!! The fuel money she saves can be used to pay for electricity to charge the walkie talkie :D

In case she tries to ask to have the charging done at your place. Haha yes I do think of everything :P

Options:

1) Record her own voice calling Jow and then play it back to her (at, say, 90dB) when she come hollering.

2) Have Jow hang a big sign outside the gate/door when she leaves. Sign might say something like ... "Jow Not Home! Go Away!"

I'm bored today :)

Good luck and please report back on result.

Macx option 2 certainly is a lower investment than my suggestion. But an investment that doesn't pay off is pointless :D

From the story one would assume a sister would know that Jow works? And what days / times she normally works? So my guess is our motorbike girl likes confirmation. Several times a day. Kinda like - oh maybe she called in sick today lemme check. Maybe she's starting a later shift today lemme check. Maybe she got home early today lemme check. Maybe she forgot something and came home during lunch hour to get it lemme check. And so on and so forth.

Walkie talkie is your answer :D

From the story one would assume a sister would know that Jow works? And what days / times she normally works? So my guess is our motorbike girl likes confirmation.

Reminds me of wrong numbers.

They've been told several times already it's a wrong number, but still they insist on calling.

Macx option 2 certainly is a lower investment than my suggestion. But an investment that doesn't pay off is pointless :D

From the story one would assume a sister would know that Jow works? And what days / times she normally works? So my guess is our motorbike girl likes confirmation. Several times a day. Kinda like - oh maybe she called in sick today lemme check. Maybe she's starting a later shift today lemme check. Maybe she got home early today lemme check. Maybe she forgot something and came home during lunch hour to get it lemme check. And so on and so forth.

Walkie talkie is your answer :D

Yes, she works in the rubber trees a few clicks away and comes and goes.

Yes, she works in the rubber trees a few clicks away and comes and goes.

Ahhh so it's not completely totally illogical afterall :lol:

Shall I check walkie talkie prices for you?

[now where's my most angelic innocent smile?]

I'm slightly confused as to why she comes round when her sister is at work.

She, apparently, is slightly confused also.

But yours is temporary.

As a slight aside my friend in England (who isn't the sharpest) called me in the middle of the night for a chat. He asked me the time to which I groggily replied 3 am.

He then proceeded to ask me what I was doing.

Playing bloody water polo in the local klong obviously. :annoyed:

I got pretty good at it, actually, but I am at a loss for how to deal with this.

is she attractive? :huh:

She looks somewhat like your avatar...

That doesn't answer the question, some people may find that attractive :rolleyes:

I'm slightly confused as to why she comes round when her sister is at work.

Maybe she's looking for a dam_n good rogering :ph34r:

Good thinking.

And to entice the OP to her feminine charms she goes off like an epileptic air raid siren.