Thai Kids Are Funny

thequietman

The two younger Thai kids I look after in Kanchanaburi can both mime perfect English. The little girl, Fong, has got perfect pitch and can immitate any complete sentence I make, but she doesn't understand what I've said.

The two younger Thai kids I look after in Kanchanaburi can both mime perfect English. The little girl, Fong, has got perfect pitch and can immitate any complete sentence I make, but she doesn't understand what I've said.

I thought mime was action without sounds?

I thought mime was action without sounds?

it is. mimic is the word they are looking for.

censored.jpg

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

When I tried to open it I found the Ministry of IT wouldn't let me...

The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology has temporarily ceased the service to access such kind of information.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Speaking of mimicking, I know an older lad {40 years} of everyday posture that can read aloud English text quite well - but hasn't a clue as to what he is reading. Quite odd actually, where he picked this up without comprehension.

Speaking of mimicking, I know an older lad {40 years} of everyday posture that can read aloud English text quite well - but hasn't a clue as to what he is reading. Quite odd actually, where he picked this up without comprehension.

The level of his ability may be odd (can't say of course not knowing him ) but the idea that someone can read well without knowing what it means isn't odd to me at all -- especially in Thailand (given the nature - and general quality -- of its pedagogy).

Edited by SteeleJoe

I pick up what you write without comprehending it.

:D

I pick up what you write without comprehending it.

:D

Congrats, mate!!;)