Abhisit Ready For Political Debate With Yingluck

Lite Beer

I thought the statement suggesting a debate and that Abhisit was ready to debate a political novice.....as a rather arrogant statement.....just my opinion

Abhisit said that she was "a political novice"? Where does it say that in that article? Not that it of course is not true, just that i can't see the quote.

The government under estimated, and thus failed to control, the gathering, which led to the crackdown and subsequent violence.......in my opinion of course

When you said the Dems underestimated the opposition, i assumed you meant political opposition, not a group of thugs running riot. As far as this is concerned, i don't think it was so much under-estimating them, rather having no way of dealing with them. Riot police was what was needed. Alas, Thailand has no such trained force, and soldiers were the only option. Besides of course simply letting them hold the city hostage for more weeks on end.

Nit picking and looking at effect rather than cause....not unusual here .......my points do not stand or fall on political bias.......bye.....:) .

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the statement suggesting a debate and that Abhisit was ready to debate a political novice.....as a rather arrogant statement.....just my opinion

Abhisit said that she was "a political novice"? Where does it say that in that article? Not that it of course is not true, just that i can't see the quote.

The government under estimated, and thus failed to control, the gathering, which led to the crackdown and subsequent violence.......in my opinion of course

When you said the Dems underestimated the opposition, i assumed you meant political opposition, not a group of thugs running riot. As far as this is concerned, i don't think it was so much under-estimating them, rather having no way of dealing with them. Riot police was what was needed. Alas, Thailand has no such trained force, and soldiers were the only option. Besides of course simply letting them hold the city hostage for more weeks on end.

Nit picking and looking at effect rather than cause....not unusual here .......my points do not stand or fall on political bias.......bye.....:) .

did it just get too hot in this kitchen?

Doing a Yingluck?

That may be the phrase that catches on!

I can't believe that someone would suggest that someone whose name is in the hat for PM shouldn't be in a debate because of being a political novice! Or that it would be arrogant to suggest a debate. Whoever is the next PM is (in theory) going to run a country of 64+ Million people .... if being a novice precludes a debate (it shouldn't) then by extension it would preclude actually being PM, wouldn't it?

did it just get too hot in this kitchen?

Nope same old ingredients have arrived...same dish...same flavour.....just a little stale.....

I'll take my spoon elsewhere thanks...........:)

ok Bye, i am sure you will be missed.........:whistling:

Doing a Yingluck?

I can't believe that someone would suggest that someone whose name is in the hat for PM shouldn't be in a debate because of being a political novice! Or that it would be arrogant to suggest a debate. Whoever is the next PM is (in theory) going to run a country of 64+ Million people .... if being a novice precludes a debate (it shouldn't) then by extension it would preclude actually being PM, wouldn't it?

could be the next ''doing a Weng''.....

Doing a Yingluck?

Oh dear

Recall my opening post?

"Have the Democrats underestimated the opposition again"................

You guys certainly put yourselves on the line with your assumptions..........

Occasionally people who make such assumptions end up with very red faces......:)

Bye

A more common term "cut and run". This does not seem to be uncommon when individuals sense they may be asked questions or for explanations, which may tax their understanding/knowledge.

Doing a Yingluck?

In some cities where sporadic, indiscriminate shooting like this occurs followed by a rapid exit, it's known as a "drive-by"

drive-by-education.jpg

Doing a Yingluck?

Oh dear

Recall my opening post?

Occasionally people who make such assumptions end up with very red faces......:)

Bye

you must be hard to get rid of at the end of parties

you have seemingly bowed out three times now and have still not gone........

All we worthy souls here have no doubt been interviewed for positions during our lives and the way we answered dictated whether we got the promotion or position we were after.

(Or even the partner we wanted)rolleyes.gif

Pray tell me what is the difference twixt politicians and we lesser mortals ?

These superior beings (well in their own minds they are) are being asked to justify the policies and the suitability of themselves for the positions they (or others in the background) hanker after.

Edited by siampolee

Doing a Yingluck?

Oh dear

Recall my opening post?

Bye

a man who never made a stand never stood for anything.........

The answer is "nope, I don't recall his opening post" :)

I am only assuming he didn't respond about why it would be arrogant to challenge someone that is in theory up for the highest political post in the land, to have a debate publicly. Particularly in a country as divided as Thailand is right now!

Interesting, a rather arrogant sounding statement.........

Are the Democrats under estimating the opposition yet again?

What the point ?

The democrats will lose .... as usual.

Then, with their friends in "high" place, they will challenge the results.

So the next PM is a democrat

What a surprise !

Boring !

Oh JurgenG you've spoilt it. Here on TV we like to think that it's going to a be a fair and open contest. But you've spoilt it for us. :mellow:

All we worthy souls here have no doubt been interviewed for positions during our lives and the way we answered dictated whether we got the promotion or position we were after.

(Or even the partner we wanted)rolleyes.gif

Pray tell me what is the difference twixt politicians and we lesser mortals ?

These superior beings (well in their own minds they are) are being asked to justify the policies and the suitability of themselves for the positions they (or others in the background) hanker after.

When a politician opens his /her mouth you can tell a lie is forthcoming, with lesser mortals it's much more difficult to guess.

Abhisit was a minister at twenty-seven. He's had years of ministerial experience compared to Thaksin Lite - Yingluk - and is presumably very knowledgable about ministrial procedures and other matters.

I fear he could expose her ignorance concerning such things as - statistics - facts - figures - policies - procedures - you name it - things the electorate would presume she would know about.

It would not be a pretty sight to see Abhisit tear Yingluk apart in front of the television cameras.

The people that she hopes to lead need to get to know her, so she should do some sort of public appearance. There are less than 50 days left to the election.

It's difficult to imagine people actually entrusting someone with no political experience and whom they've only gotten to know in less than 50 days to lead a country of 67M people.

It would also be absurd to think that a country can be effectively managed remotely from some other country. Can you imagine the President of the United States moving to Thailand permanently whilst still continuing to lead his country via his sister? Can you also imagine going to a job interview for a management position and saying that you will work remotely in another country and will send your brother or sister into the office every day?

True! .... Why have a debate that might actually inform the voters, when instead you can have the local canvassers do their "job" and the regional power families tell those canvassers when to jump and how high!

Yingluck took some big hits in the credibility department back in the assets seizure case ... lucky for her it was a civil matter!

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1016836

http://leavefreedom.blogspot.com/2010/01/thaksins-sister-sees-no-impact-on.html

Face it. she's wide open on benefitting from corruption .... an easy target. Maybe if she cries like she did in the court hearing it will go easier on her!

Just like her older brother Ms. Yingluck is (amply) rich enough already not to have any need or even feel an urge to be corrupt

Edited by rubl

Yeah but it is just not pleasant to make comments about people behind their backs in my world.......:)

So my appearance will excuse the er.........for politeness.........late commentators.......:D

Abhisit was a minister at twenty-seven. He's had years of ministerial experience compared to Thaksin Lite - Yingluk - and is presumably very knowledgable about ministrial procedures and other matters.

I fear he could expose her ignorance concerning such things as - statistics - facts - figures - policies - procedures - you name it - things the electorate would presume she would know about.

These are the reasons to why Yingluck is not an appropriate person for the job. She should have acquired some years in public political life before going for the position of Prime Minister.

Edited by hyperdimension

It would not be a pretty sight to see Abhisit tear Yingluk apart in front of the television cameras.

She is running for PM (or at least that is the idea if she actually is party-list #1) ------ Yes, that is Prime Minister .... if she can't handle her own in a public debate against a guy that HAS to be nice ... how will she accomplish doing her duty as PM?

She (in theory) has run TWO major companies, and in theory is considered by PTP to be a good candidate for the position of PM. Just because she has a record of being associated with corruption on a personal level .... does that mean she gets a free-ride under the "Thaksin thinks ...." motto of PTP?

as a final note ---

Yes it would be a pretty sight to see her and the PTP's platform torn to ribbons in a public debate :)

Which excuse will she come up with for declining?

:coffee1:

Probably inform him if she is elected PM she will be more than happy to debate politics with him.........as the opposition leader.....:)

Since she certainly can NOT do that now, since she is presently not the leader of opposition or anything but Thaksins SC Aset company.

She does not have any kind track record at large scale public speaking, on or off a script.

Which excuse will she come up with for declining?

:coffee1:

Probably inform him if she is elected PM she will be more than happy to debate politics with him.........as the opposition leader.....:)

Since she certainly can NOT do that now, since she is presently not the leader of opposition or anything but Thaksins SC Aset company.

She does not have any kind track record at large scale public speaking, on or off a script.

with him......as the opposition leader.......:blink:

Yeah but it is just not pleasant to make comments about people behind their backs in my world.......:)

So my appearance will excuse the er.........for politeness.........late commentators.......:D

dam_n, you still here?, i had my jammies on ages ago........:sleepy:

dam_n, you still here?, i had my jammies on ages ago........:sleepy:

He's still looking for his spoon.

Interesting, a rather arrogant sounding statement.........

Are the Democrats under estimating the opposition yet again?

Which statement did you find arrogant-sounding and why?

When did the Dems underestimate the opposition and how do you know this?

Please do not hesitate to cantact me if you require any further information or assistance.......:)

Abhisit has a right to offer a debate and in doing so to make ridicule of the Thaksin puppet

she is a ridiculous choice for a PM and Abhisit's offer only serves to highlight just how ridiculous it is t

what about the media interviewing her about policy ?

it would be like Katie Couric interviewing Sara Palin

maybe she can see Cambodia from her door step.........

in my opinion:

the reds shouldn't have been there

no illegal gathering

no crackdown

no violence

all are fruit of the Thaksin poisoned red tree

Its really hard to imagine another female political candidate on earth as intellectually challenged as Sara Pailin.