Abhisit Ready For Political Debate With Yingluck

Lite Beer

^ The point is,that this is the weakest excuse I have ever heard in my life.

If you children really think that shouting cowardy cowardy custard, on an internet forum, is going to have the slightest effect on Yingluck accepting or declining, I suggest you take a little reality check.......but I guess you gotta fill your sunday afternoons somehow......

I gotta take another break and watch some paint dry........:)

That would be more exciting than most of your posts.:whistling:

Your argument really are beginning to clutch at straws now.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The point is,that this is the weakest excuse I have ever heard in my life.

If you children really think that shouting cowardy cowardy custard, on an internet forum, is going to have the slightest effect on Yingluck accepting or declining, I suggest you take a little reality check.......but I guess you gotta fill your sunday afternoons somehow......

I gotta take another break and watch some paint dry........:)

That would be more exciting than most of your posts.:whistling:

Your argument really are beginning to clutch at straws now.

There is some quite basic irony in some people's posts .... I think that said irony escapes them entirely. Like if they feel that posting about politics is fruitless ... yet post about politics ...........

Thai people deserve political figures that will stand up and discuss issues with their counterparts. Over the last couple of years not only have we NOT seen issues addressed by PTP, they continue to be realitically a "one-trick-pony" --- Give us Thaksin back. --- Nothing else. That continues until the present day.

And if she does debate, as I think she will, I feel I have a better understanding of exactly what the TV station is trying to achieve than you....:rolleyes:

Of course if Yingluck does debate all the snyde remarks may well look quite nonsensical........I guess nothing changes............:lol:

Now would you care to point out where this is a political statement?.......I post more about the eccentric posting habits of Tvisa members than politics, an area where as a foreigner I am under no illusion as to my contribution.......you had not observed this?.......:)

Edited by 473geo

There is some quite basic irony in some people's posts .... I think that said irony escapes them entirely. Like if they feel that posting about politics is fruitless ... yet post about politics ...........

I wonder why people feel the need to comment on posts from posters they have on ignore........:crazy: :jerk:

Edited by 473geo

And if she does debate, as I think she will, I feel I have a better understanding of exactly what the TV station is trying to achieve than you....:rolleyes:

Of course if Yingluck does debate all the snyde remarks may well look quite nonsensical........I guess nothing changes............:lol:

Now would you care to point out where this is a political statement?.......I post more about the eccentric posting habits of Tvisa members than politics, an area where as a foreigner I am under no illusion as to my contribution.......you had not observed this?.......:)

Anything you write can and will be used against you including your eccentric posting habits :ph34r:

Now let's go back to the OP: "Abhisit ready for political debate with Yingluck".

Till now still no indication that such a debate will take place. If it took place, lots of remarks here could get a 'reality' check. Nothing really unexpected with personal opinions and speculation ;)

Anything you write can and will be used against you including your eccentric posting habits :ph34r:

Now let's go back to the OP: "Abhisit ready for political debate with Yingluck".

Till now still no indication that such a debate will take place. If it took place, lots of remarks here could get a 'reality' check. Nothing really unexpected with personal opinions and speculation ;)

Rubl.....read the format of the 'debate' suggested, think just a little bit, the TV station will not get participation if any of the contributors will end up appearing in a bad light. So what track do you think the 'debate' will take.

Perhaps the participants responses will appear to be so good, people may even draw the conclusion they may well have known the questions in advance :o

Ok I admit only speculation......:)

Rubl.....read the format of the 'debate' suggested, think just a little bit, the TV station will not get participation if any of the contributors will end up appearing in a bad light. So what track do you think the 'debate' will take.

Perhaps the participants responses will appear to be so good, people may even draw the conclusion they may well have known the questions in advance :o

Ok I admit only speculation......:)

Your last reply suggests you do not think there will be a debate.

There won't be a debate. A debate will cause someone to lose face. No one will allow that.

Agreed I feel it can never be the sharp edge head to head 'debate' some appear to be hoping for, I would suggest questions that will allow each participant the opportunity to put forward their plans for the future of Thailand.

There won't be a debate. A debate will cause someone to lose face. No one will allow that.

Agreed I feel it can never be the sharp edge head to head 'debate' some appear to be hoping for, I would suggest questions that will allow each participant the opportunity to put forward their plans for the future of Thailand.

We already got the 'party statements' and other propaganda from all involved.

I guess that some people have not seen the censure debates in Parliament in Thailand! One would hope that a debate for the future PM slot would be more "forward looking" than past censure debates (which by nature are a look back into the performance of a government/cabinet) ... but obviously debates happen in Thailand. They also obviously can be very direct and even brutal ....

Yet, just as obviously, Yingluck's handlers don't want her to be put in the position of having to discuss policy AND answer direct questions about it.

Recent statistics reveal that 59% approx of Thai voters would like a TV 'debate' to identify the policies of the candidates and assist their decision in which party to choose.........but as long as you are comfortable with the information you have received......you will be able to cast your vote accordingly.....:D

Edited by 473geo

Recent statistics reveal that 59% approx of Thai voters would like a TV 'debate' to identify the policiof the candidates and assist their decision in which party to choose.........but as long as you are comfortable with the information you have received......you will be able to cast your vote accordingly.....:D

Thai voters would like a 'debate', but you feel it cannot be 'the sharp edge' some hope for. Well, let's just give it a try. Party political programs we've got already.

As for me ...... comfortable with information ...... to cast a vote ...... as farang in Thailand?

The 'discussion' we have had here ...... isn't really improving ...... I think. May I conclude and sign off ...... with words similar as a ...... worthy opponent here once used 'have a lollipop, now be a good boy and hop along' :)

The objective of the debate is to provide an opportunity for prime minister hopefuls to present their visions and policies while showing their problem-solving and leadership skills to eligible voters for consideration.

The same points made repeatedly in this thread that are reinforced by the PNET objectives.

If Yingluck flat out refuses to debate, it reflects her shortcomings in those critical areas.

There are so many threads about Yingluck, I don't get the impression that she is hiding somewhere or escaping journalists.

In one of those many threads, she said that she was "too busy" to debate as the reason for her not participating.

It's what her brother said as the reason he refused to debate Abhisit in an earlier election, also.

"The Clone" will soon become part of her introductory title.

I post more about the eccentric posting habits of Tvisa members than politics, an area where as a foreigner I am under no illusion as to my contribution.......you had not observed this?.......:)

People have. That's precisely why you are out of place on this News Forum. The purpose is not to discuss the personal habits of members. Countless moderator warnings have been issued over this in countless threads on the subject, eg. Posts discussing members and not the issues removed.

Your baiting posts that perpetually draw in members over personal issues that completely derail the discussion of the specific issues.

It's rather amazing that you self-confess your trolling tendencies, but it's good that it's out in the open now.

Hopefully, with your priorities now established, members will simply notify the mods rather than responding to your future baiting expeditions in order to let the moderators deal with you.

Edited by Buchholz

But without a balance these threads are just trashing of Thai politics, Thaksin, Yingluck, and any other soft targets the posters can aim at......

If these discussions are about news items perhaps we could have some positive input regarding the future of Thailand, and perhaps your higher powers will control the unabated divisive vitriol spouted by people who carry no balance of thought regarding the political leanings of 60% of Thailand

I have rarely seen balanced thoughtful debate here, but rather an attempt by a certain group to ram their type of negative thinking down the throats of anybody who actually thinks Thailand can move forward. This same group supply occasional outdated suggestions, and when questioned?

I have never reported any poster on this forum or placed one on ignore, because I believe everybody has a right to speak. But if they do air their views they must be prepared for responses, especially if their repetitive dialogue appears to be one major smear campaign, then I think their posting skills are entitled to be questioned. The same group appear to think that discrediting a poster supports their argument, I see this frequently. Yet I do not feel the need to complain, I respond in a manner that may not please, but there is no point in pissing on an oil fire!

I suggest Buccholtz if you have the authority, have me removed because my style is not about to change, because quite simply I suggest you take the beam out of your own eye before you try to remove the spell from mine.

And to quote a recent post by yourself..........'this thread is not about me'

But do you know what, when you guys are having a go at me at least you are leaving somebody else alone.....and I can take it....:D

Edited by 473geo

But without a balance these threads are just trashing of Thai politics, Thaksin, Yingluck, and any other soft targets the posters can aim at......

If these discussions are about news items perhaps we could have some positive input regarding the future of Thailand, and perhaps your higher powers will control the unabated divisive vitriol spouted by people who carry no balance of thought regarding the political leanings of 60% of Thailand

I have rarely seen balanced thoughtful debate here, but rather an attempt by a certain group to ram their type of negative thinking down the throats of anybody who actually thinks Thailand can move forward. This same group supply occasional outdated suggestions, and when questioned?

I have never reported any poster on this forum or placed one on ignore, because I believe everybody has a right to speak. But if they do air their views they must be prepared for responses, especially if their repetitive dialogue appears to be one major smear campaign, then I think their posting skills are entitled to be questioned. The same group appear to think that discrediting a poster supports their argument, I see this frequently. Yet I do not feel the need to complain, I respond in a manner that may not please, but there is no point in pissing on an oil fire!

I suggest Buccholtz if you have the authority, have me removed because my style is not about to change, because quite simply I suggest you take the beam out of your own eye before you try to remove the spell from mine.

And to quote a recent post by yourself..........'this thread is not about me'

But do you know what, when you guys are having a go at me at least you are leaving somebody else alone.....and I can take it....:D

Interesting post, but alas destined for the chop, I fear. Hence my short reply.

Edited by hanuman1

Baiting other members and discussing their personal habits, posts or business is an extremely poor way to hold any kind of discussion and one that is frowned upon. I highly recommend that members discuss the ISSUES and remember to behave like adults here, it IS possible, I have faith in you.

Give it a shot, you might even find it rewarding.

He's a fake and was never elected. So put up or shut up. Having been to Oxbridge only lowers the esteem in the eyes of the public as they know that people coming from there are flashy mouthpieces.

Do I detect a hint of green?

He's a fake and was never elected. So put up or shut up. Having been to Oxbridge only lowers the esteem in the eyes of the public as they know that people coming from there are flashy mouthpieces.

Maybe you can explain how he became an MP and PM without being elected?

Indeed. He was elected, in exactly the same ways as Samak and Somchai... so what is there to "put up" before shutting up? Unfortunately Mr. Changers sounds like someone who is not researching the information given to him third-hand.

I'd also have to wonder why an electorate would consider having been to Oxbridge, an US Ivy League university, Chulalongkorn, Ramkamhaeng or wherever could actually lower a candidate's political reputation. It would be a tragedy if the Thai (or any other) electorate ever elected anyone specifically on the grounds that they haven't had the academic education necessary to run a country, especially if someone who did was also running.

Indeed. He was elected, in exactly the same ways as Samak and Somchai... so what is there to "put up" before shutting up? Unfortunately Mr. Changers sounds like someone who is not researching the information given to him third-hand.

Probably received from the dozens of other new sign-ups making the exact same erroneous declarations.

There are so many threads about Yingluck, I don't get the impression that she is hiding somewhere or escaping journalists.

In one of those many threads, she said that she was "too busy" to debate as the reason for her not participating.

She is obviously busy with campaigning, as a result we have these many threads and news.

No one writes or reports about Abhisit. I only found something about the Democrats campaign in an article with the headline "Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Cries Again In Phayao While Campaigning".

First part of the article was about Yinluck second part about Abhisit.

Looks like some tears by Yingluck are much more important than a meeting of Abhisit with the Democrat party's constituency candidates and the introducing of the Democrats "5 reductions and 5 increases" campaign. This was not even worth its own news article or a new thread.

If Abhisit spots this while reading his press clipping report he will be really peeved.

She is obviously busy with campaigning, as a result we have these many threads and news.

No one writes or reports about Abhisit. I only found something about the Democrats campaign in an article with the headline "Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Cries Again In Phayao While Campaigning".

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4442652

Looks like some tears by Yingluck are much more important than a meeting of Abhisit with the Democrat party's constituency candidates and the introducing of the Democrats "5 reductions and 5 increases" campaign. This was not even worth its own news article or a new thread.

If Abhisit spots this while reading his press clipping report he will be really peeved.

I humbly suggest you go out and buy a paper (if you are in Thailand) or turn on the news (if you are in Thailand :)

I humbly suggest you go out and buy a paper (if you are in Thailand) or turn on the news (if you are in Thailand :)

http://tinyurl.com/44ukxq2

Edited by samurai

Very true. No shortage of articles on Abhisit in the media.

Didn't find any about him crying, though.

So, anyway, any word from the Yingluck camp as to whether or not she's going to accept P-Net's offer for a nationally-televised debate???

Edited by Buchholz

If she debates with Abhisit, she gives him media exposure. That's why she's doing campaigning instead, because the Thai media are excited enough by her that they'll report every little thing she does, even if she sneezes or poops. And every second that they spend running behind her, they don't run behind Abhisit.

If she debates with Abhisit, she gives him media exposure. That's why she's doing campaigning instead, because the Thai media are excited enough by her that they'll report every little thing she does, even if she sneezes or poops. And every second that they spend running behind her, they don't run behind Abhisit.

The media is a large enough entity to cover both.

She won't debate Abhisit because she risks too much for being shown for what she is.

It's the reason her brother alway refused to debate Abhisit.

Edited by Buchholz

:lol:

Yes.