Tuesday 17Th Visakha Bucha Day

unless of course you want to walk down the old monkey theatre road where sevaral Thai shops as always will be selling it, think it should read no drinking for farang day. i always found the non drinking day turned out to be the best days out as everybody eneded up at the same places, and all managers had night off. would be good to see it respected by the local s but its not but will be rigourlsy enforced in the tourist areas though. i remember 1 last year there was a festival at bohput temple and all the girls from the bar at bangrak went and got minging drunk from people selling it at the temple festival.

astonishing that the only thing which is mentioned about a really important Buddhist holiday is the fact that there will be no alc around.....

just like an SEA forum about the only fact re. Christmas, that shops are closed...

astonishing that the only thing which is mentioned about a really important Buddhist holiday is the fact that there will be no alc around.....

just like an SEA forum about the only fact re. Christmas, that shops are closed...

I suppose there is a Google function members can use, or alternatively read the main forum or in particular the Buddhist forum.

It was merely a heads up, not a religious discussion.

Probably because we are not buddhists and whilst being respectful, are not remotely interested ;)

well all the local mom and pop stores are serving beers, a few bars are serving beers, all hotels are serving beers, a few ' Big ' Super markets are servig beers, and alot of people who bought yesterday and the day before are ' giving ' away beers ! ..... also again i have seen more thais then usal out the front of there properties ...... Drinking !

so really this is just a pointless law/ban and only pisses of the tourists ( who are here to have a good time and cannot tonight ) and Bar owners who are losing out.