ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i have one thing to say about our decline,we have the talent but is tinkerbell fergie up to the task nowadays to handle the talent.

The talent is not there throughout the team to mount a title challenge. Look at the midfield, it's awful. Ferguson has spent a lot of money in recent years, and the team is not going anywhere. How many Utd fans trust Ferguson with the next load of cash made available?

i have one thing to say about our decline,we have the talent but is tinkerbell fergie up to the task nowadays to handle the talent.

The talent is not there throughout the team to mount a title challenge. Look at the midfield, it's awful. Ferguson has spent a lot of money in recent years, and the team is not going anywhere. How many Utd fans trust Ferguson with the next load of cash made available?

Yeah, I know what you mean Eddie and, I think thats Nev's point.

If I'm honest though, yes, I'd give Fergie the next pot of cash. Just get rid of fuc*in Queroz.

IMO we only need to get one top midfielder, Gattuso for me and, we'll almost be there. Buy him now and try for whatever we've got left this year. That gives him the rest of this season and pre-season training to gell.

I have mentioned in a previous post that you have all plotted and predicted our downfall before, only to fall flat on your <deleted>.

redrus

IMO we only need to get one top midfielder, Gattuso for me and, we'll almost be there. Buy him now and try for whatever we've got left this year. That gives him the rest of this season and pre-season training to gell.

I have mentioned in a previous post that you have all plotted and predicted our downfall before, only to fall flat on your <deleted>.

redrus

Sorry mate but if you think you only need one midfielder and nothing more for that crap defence then you are deluding yourself. Neville’s sell-by date is hanging out of his shirt, Rio + Silvestre + Wes Brown are all over-rated (get rid of two at least) but Hienze is the real deal.

You state “I have mentioned in a previous post that you have all plotted and predicted our downfall before, only to fall flat on your <deleted>.” – based upon what? The point if you’ve been following the thread is that there is an opinion, raised by me and backed by others, that over a period of time now Manu have been declining and with the departure of Keane (with no replacement) and particularly with Fergie’s departure being round the corner and other reasons, the decline is seen by many as being real and could be catastrophic if you can’t find a quick and effective replacement for Fergie (we all remember the golden years of trying to replace Busby, don’t we Redbus). So why have we fallen on our asses, cause you beat Burton? Woopeedoo, bet the Scousers are crapping themselves!

redbus is it.

We'll see Brad.

United have a team that is still second in the league and, is still far superior to nearly all the rest of the premiership. Yes including City, yes even though you've beaten us a couple of times.

The fact that this year we may not be in Europe anymore (at least we were there) is based on the fact that this year we were not good enough. Not ever denied by me. Second in league and still in the 2 home competitons is ok for me so far.

If that one top rate midfielder were added, yes I believe the team would grow over the next 6 months. With 1 or 2 additions in to the team in the summer and the immediate sacking of said Silvestre, for being sh*te. Yes we will be well placed to challenge for next season's Prem and European campaigns.

Then, I'm just a deluded "rebs" fan eh....!

redrus

Surely you can't spend lots of money on new players. After all, all you lot up there have been slagging Chelsea down all season for doing just that. I thought the quote was. " Our players come though the youth ranks, not bought with foreign cash"

Well lads: feed 'em a few more weetabix maybe they'll grow up a bit quicker.

:o:D:D

Lets face it lads. You would love a load of money to buy just who you want. Mind you at 28,000,000 wasn't Ferdinand a snip? :D:D

You could have bought three good players for that.

Edited by lampard10

What a coincidence, I have just had my two weetabix this mornig.... wonder who I can get a game with.... The Bull's Head maybee!!

Certainly won't be with any team Peter Shilton ever played for as he could get through three Shredded Wheat!!!

Surely you can't spend lots of money on new players. After all, all you lot up there have been slagging Chelsea down all season for doing just that. I thought the quote was. " Our players come though the youth ranks, not bought with foreign cash"

The point is lampard10 is we give youth a chance (Chelsea don't). Yeah, we do buy some expensive players but if you look through the years we have producecd some excellent youth players and some of them have become intenational players. Chelsea are different and buy players and stick them in the reserves. Name me some good Chelsea youth players who have became good international players. Hard isn't it!

I told you before in an earlier post Utd, Arseanl and it pains me to say even Loonypool have history ,tradtion and are football clubs unlike Chelsea who are a football team, there is a difference you know.

Remember Chelsea play good attractive football and are a joy to watch :o .

There again, champions are surposed to play like that, are't they.

Utd

Arsenal

Loonypool were all shit to watch as well when they were champs.

Manchester United are the best soccer team in Britain but they have been having problems and my own thought is that this could be because George Best passed away still very recently which has daaged moral among the team.

I am sure they will bounce back sure enough this will be their year.

Manchester United are the best soccer team in Britain but they have been having problems and my own thought is that this could be because George Best passed away still very recently which has daaged moral among the team.

Nope, they've been having problems long before the passing of George Best.

Errr....Peter Bonnetti!!!

You'd need a lot more than one hand to count the amount of United players that have come through the ranks in the last 20 years.

redrus

Well as your offering Redbus, name 'em. :o

Are you one of Manchester United's new american fans by any chance - if not then that is the best comment on this thread to date, chuffin great. Nurse!

Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, (Nicky Butt and Phil Neville and David Beckham now with different teams, but time served) Ryan Giggs, Phil Bardsley, Chris Eagles, Kieron Richardson to name two hands worth off the top of the skull....

I really don't need to go on Bred, you know how good that youth operation is..... :o

redrus

Wes Brown, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, (Nicky Butt and Phil Neville and David Beckham now with different teams, but time served) Ryan Giggs, Phil Bardsley, Chris Eagles, Kieron Richardson to name two hands worth off the top of the skull....

I really don't need to go on Bred, you know how good that youth operation is..... :o

redrus

Sorry but when you queried "Name me some good Chelsea youth players who have became good international players" i thought you were referring to youth players who'd become full internationals, like Phil Bardsley, Chris Eagles (who?)... :D

don't forget luke 'pizza face' chadwick :D

He came on loan to Reading a few years ago from United.

Alan Pardew stood in the dressing room and said "I'd like to introduce you to a new face '

To which Chadwick replied "When do I get it boss?" :D

Bless him, bet him and Peter Beardsley would have a really hot night out on the town with the chicks on Cowboy. bet they couldn't even score there eh?? :o

Errr....Peter Bonnetti!!!

You'd need a lot more than one hand to count the amount of United players that have come through the ranks in the last 20 years.

redrus

I'm not a Chelsea fan red as you know, but he was the only one I could think of other than the aformentioned JT.

I still haven't forgiven "The CAT" for his performance in the 1970 world cup game against the Germans :D

[

Chelsea are different and buy players and stick them in the reserves. Name me some good Chelsea youth players who have became good international players. Hard isn't it!

Yeah it's hard.......................................but if I wanted a good new car, I think I'd buy it rather than try to make it myself :o

are you being serious??? even the biggest mufc fans i know wouldn't say that...

are you being serious??? even the biggest mufc fans i know wouldn't say that...

I'm not a fan bu8t I can appreciate what they have done for British soccer.

redrus

The original question was

Name me some good Chelsea youth players who have became good international players. Hard isn't it!

Of those, I'd say only Beckham (no longer with the club), G Neville (not really exactly great is he?) and Scholes (OK, fairly good in his prime, retired from International football early and no-one noticed) could even begin to be thought of as "good internationals".

Edited by dantilley