ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Morinho has now managed the biggest club in the world. So, why on earth do you think he'd necessarily pick Utd and a poisoned chalice over millions in the bank at City?

Because even a rich club eventually tires of spending untold millions on rubbish and will tighten the purse strings at some point. Mourinho would want guarantees to be able to bring in some decent players and put his stamp on the team. I'm not sure he would want the job at City if told he had to try and mould the existing players into champions.

But City's squad only needs a few adjustments given someone of his cailbre.

Absolutely right Carmine. Anybody could work well with DeJong, Richards, Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Hart, Toure, Johnson and Tevez etc. That to me, is not rubbish as Tecumseh put's it.

Tevez might not be there, so what's the forward line......Johnson?

Look at my previous posts, you will see I have not singled out the defence or midfield. The rubbish I refer to is the majority of up front players.

You mention 9 players (poss -1) from a squad of 25 that's a lot of building on.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morinho has now managed the biggest club in the world. So, why on earth do you think he'd necessarily pick Utd and a poisoned chalice over millions in the bank at City?

Because even a rich club eventually tires of spending untold millions on rubbish and will tighten the purse strings at some point. Mourinho would want guarantees to be able to bring in some decent players and put his stamp on the team. I'm not sure he would want the job at City if told he had to try and mould the existing players into champions.

But City's squad only needs a few adjustments given someone of his cailbre.

Now the penny has just dropped with me Carmine,i should of realised you where taking the piss earlier :P

On the contrary, i think Jose could offload a large element of deadwood, buy in a little bit more quality, balance the books reasonably well. As i say, he's managed the biggest club in the world, he's won a treble in Italy. I reckon he would like the oppotunity to be an enormously wealthy legend at City. I really don't see what Utd offer him other than a poison chalice and future instability with you dodgey septic owners

"only needs a few adjustments"

"offload a large element of deadwood"

:D

But Tevez is there now. The rest is speculation and if it does come true, we will obviously have to buy a replacement. You alsowrite off Dzecko and Balotelli too early. And Johnson is a midfielder.

Look at my previous posts, you will see I have not singled out the defence or midfield. The rubbish I refer to is the majority of up front players.

And therefore you admit that it therefore only needs tweaking.

I said etc. There is still the other Toure, Lescott is improving all the time, Barry and Milner are internationals (even though I don't personally like their style), SWP, Kolarov, Boateng and I believe Bellamy still can add alot. Also, some of the young ones coming through have excellent potential. In summary, personally I think we are in pretty good shape and again, I believe it is a matter of tweaking. As always, IMO.

But Tevez is there now. The rest is speculation and if it does come true, we will obviously have to buy a replacement. You alsowrite off Dzecko and Balotelli too early. And Johnson is a midfielder.

And therefore you admit that it therefore only needs tweaking.

I said etc. There is still the other Toure, Lescott is improving all the time, Barry and Milner are internationals (even though I don't personally like their style), SWP, Kolarov, Boateng and I believe Bellamy still can add alot. Also, some of the young ones coming through have excellent potential. In summary, personally I think we are in pretty good shape and again, I believe it is a matter of tweaking. As always, IMO.

Yes Tevez is there now, but he doesn't want to be and he's probably tired of doing all the work.

Johnson is a midfielder OMG that leaves no forward line of note!

Mancini obviously cannot handle Baby Balotelli anyway and I'll have a wager with anyone that Dzecko is not in the line up this time next year.

I look forward with great anticipation to seeing the new, improved and 'tweaked' team. biggrin.gif

Mourinho has two choices in the future...which do you think he will choose if given at the same time?

City

:cheesy:

Expand on that will ya Red. In your own opinion, why would he choose United over City? The next Manager at United will take on a lose-lose job. It's a poisoned chalice.

We are the challenge mate, you're are the poisoned chalice. How can we be your so called poisoned chalice after all we've won and achieved...? One suspects, it is you guys that are worried how much better we could be with JM in charge and, SAF upstairs.

I for one, do not like JM's style of football but, he is a proven winner. Maybe United will harness both powers. We will continue to play attacking forward minded football while continuing with his winning ways.....

redrus

From the horses mouth as such.....It"s impossible! :D Jose Mourinho has rubbished suggestions he could join Manchester City this summer.

Mourinho has already stated earlier this week that he has no intention of leaving Real Madrid at the moment.

Having seen his side brush aside Tottenham in their UEFA Champions Leaguespacer.gif quarter-final to set up a meeting with Barcelona, Mourinho was asked about a link with ambitious City.

But the former Chelsea boss told Sky Italia that he would not be moving to Eastlands to replace under-fire boss Robero Mancini.

"Me to Manchester City? That's impossible"

"Me to Manchester City? That's impossible," he said.

Ronaldo

The Portuguese tactician was also asked about Cristiano Ronaldo's link to AC Milan after their owner Silvio Berlusconi admitted his liking for the superstar.

And again, Mourinho doubted his biggest name would be leaving any time soon.

"I'm not saying it's impossible, because in football you never know, and (AC Milan's owner, Silvio) Berlusconi can make a crazy offer," he said.

"But it must be a true madness because Real Madrid don't want to sell Cristiano Ronaldo. "

Mourinho added on Real's official website: "He (Ronaldo) is a tremendous player and I don't think anyone can afford to pay what he's worth, but only Florentino Perez (the club president) has the final say in this.

"Only the President of Real Madrid can put a stop to Milan's endeavours to sign Cristiano Ronaldo."

From the horses mouth as such.....It"s impossible! :D Jose Mourinho has rubbished suggestions he could join Manchester City this summer.

Mourinho has already stated earlier this week that he has no intention of leaving Real Madrid at the moment.

Having seen his side brush aside Tottenham in their UEFA Champions Leaguespacer.gif quarter-final to set up a meeting with Barcelona, Mourinho was asked about a link with ambitious City.

But the former Chelsea boss told Sky Italia that he would not be moving to Eastlands to replace under-fire boss Robero Mancini.

"Me to Manchester City? That's impossible"

"Me to Manchester City? That's impossible," he said.

Ronaldo

The Portuguese tactician was also asked about Cristiano Ronaldo's link to AC Milan after their owner Silvio Berlusconi admitted his liking for the superstar.

And again, Mourinho doubted his biggest name would be leaving any time soon.

"I'm not saying it's impossible, because in football you never know, and (AC Milan's owner, Silvio) Berlusconi can make a crazy offer," he said.

"But it must be a true madness because Real Madrid don't want to sell Cristiano Ronaldo. "

Mourinho added on Real's official website: "He (Ronaldo) is a tremendous player and I don't think anyone can afford to pay what he's worth, but only Florentino Perez (the club president) has the final say in this.

"Only the President of Real Madrid can put a stop to Milan's endeavours to sign Cristiano Ronaldo."

Thanks red, so now we know its pretty much 100% he'll be going to City. :)

• 1 month later...

Bump,

in decline :whistling: ,

4 premier league titles in 5 years

3 champions league finals in 4 years

happy chappy sitting on my perch :lol:

BJ's favourite thread has been bumped again. :lol:

The good news is though Toady. With all the achievements listed above, there is only one way to go. And that is in decline :P

You can only hope Mr BJ that it'll be sooner, rather than later - but this threads be going for about 6 years. :lol: Still, thats a lot less than the 35 it took your lot to win another trophy. :ph34r:

Edited by mrtoad

You can only hope Mr BJ that it'll be sooner, rather than later - but this threads be going for about 6 years. :lol: Still, thats a lot less than the 35 it took your lot to win another trophy. :ph34r:

What is this 35 years that ye speaks off. Have you been digging into the history books again. :D

Seriously though Toady. The minute Fergie decides to habg up throwing his hair drier, you're doomed, never mind gonna go into decline :D

• 3 months later...

BUMP......

(Just to get rid of that 'who hates soccer' thread from the bottom of the first page....) :whistling:

;)

redrus

A most worthy bump indeed Red :D

Thank you kind Sir..... Or in our language, sweet pal nice won, sorted.... :lol:

redrus

Some light reading on a boring Tuesday :)

Cristiano Ronaldo told Special Report that he hasn't ruled out a return to the Premier League. My link

"Sir Alex Ferguson is my second dad - he helped me a lot to improve and now Jose Mourinho too because they are experienced managers who win many things, so for me they are the best coaches."

Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes of the week

The 26-year-old won three Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the Champions League during six years at Manchester United before moving to Real Madrid in 2009 for a world record fee of £80m.

But he told Sky Sports News HD presenter Georgie Thompson that if he does return to English football, he wouldn't necessarily go back to Old Trafford.

"I don't close the door [on the Premier League] so maybe in the future I hope so," he said, "because I know the league, I know the players, I know the atmosphere.

"Why not? I hope so one day but you never know. The team that I like more in England is Manchester but I cannot say that I am going to play there one day because I am very, very happy in Madrid.

"I've said a few times that if Madrid want, I can sign for 10 years more until the finish of my career but nobody knows the future. I cannot lie to you and say I will stay here 10 years, that I am not going to come back to Manchester. It is not fair on my part. Let's see what future God has prepared for me."

Dream

Thompson caught up with Ronaldo on the set of a studio in Madrid, where a documentary team was carrying out as series of tests to test the winger's skills.

The 2011 Ballon D'Or winner fired home an incredible 54 goals in all competitions last season and has set his sights on eclipsing that haul this time around but insists that collective rewards supercede individual honours.

"I said a few times that to play for Real Madrid was my dream - as it was for Manchester too," he declared. "For me they are the best clubs in the world, apart from maybe Barcelona, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan.

"I'm really happy with what I did in Manchester because I don't forget the six years that I passed there. I have a lot of friends there.

"Sir Alex Ferguson is my second dad - he helped me a lot to improve and now Mr [Jose] Mourinho too because they are experienced managers who win many things, so for me they are the best coaches.

Helped

"I have good memories from Manchester and when I watch sometimes the games I miss it a lot because it's part of me I left in England. Just because I play in Madrid I'm not going to miss speaking with the old guys, so when I have an opportunity I speak with Sir Alex Ferguson.

"It was important for me when I played there, when my life was there so it is good to speak with him because I'll never forget who really helped me. There is a beginning and end to everything - what I did in Manchester is completely finished because I won almost everything there.

"I always try for a new challenge. To move from Manchester to Madrid is not about the contract - it is about a new challenge, being close to my family, different weather, the language. The most important reason why I moved is the challenge because I really like to put myself under pressure to see what I can do.

"But I really miss the Premier League - for me it is along with the Spanish league the best league in the world."

Sensational

Ronaldo got his first taste of Premier League football in the 2003/04 season after catching Ferguson's eye while playing for Sporting Clube de Portugal against United in a match to mark the opening of the Estádio José Alvalade.

"The boy was sensational, quite simply sensational," recalled Ferguson. "He tore John O'Shea apart and I said to [chief executive] Peter Kenyon 'we're not leaving until we get that boy sorted'.

"We got the boy at the end of the game, and his agent; we flew his parents out the next day by private plane to Manchester the next day and did the deal.

"He grew up quickly, he was a man before his time. Every year there was something added to his game because he practised so much because he wanted to be the best and he worked hard to be that."

Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville, who played alongside Ronaldo at United, added: "This was a player who could shoot from 40 yards, could beat a player with his left or right foot, could head the ball like Joe Jordan; he was unbelievable in lots of different areas - physique, strength.

"He was the complete football player in some ways."

• 1 month later...

Looks almost certain to me that this could be Fergies last year at the helm of the sinking ship, wonder how many will admit this should be the year.

Didn't invest in the midfield in the summer, clearly Man U's obvious weakness for a few seasons now.

insists on playing Evans ahead of Vidic? Evans is not up to this level not by a long shot.

Choosing Evra as the Captian has clearly compounded the fact the guy has no Leadership.

Fergie yet again chooses wrong tactics and team selection for the big games and fails.

Thoughts ...

Edited by Devil

Looks almost certain to me that this could be Fergies last year at the helm of the sinking ship, wonder how many will admit this should be the year.

Didn't invest in the midfield in the summer, clearly Man U's obvious weakness for a few seasons now.

insists on playing Evans ahead of Vidic? Evans is not up to this level not by a long shot.

Choosing Evra as the Captian has clearly compounded the fact the guy has no positional sense or Leadership.

Fergie yet again chooses wrong tactics and team selection for the big games and fails miserbaly.

Thoughts ...

Thoughts - ok I think you should worry about trying to get a Champions League and forget about winning the league. Thoughts, come back in May and spout off.

Thoughts, grow a pair.

Thoughts, sign another Andy Carrol

Thoughts, be careful of all those draws a home.

:)

1319524120[/url]' post='4792921']
1319523896[/url]' post='4792909']

Choosing Evra as the Captian has clearly compounded the fact the guy has no positional sense or Leadership.

Fergie yet again chooses wrong tactics and team selection for the big games and fails miserbaly.

Thoughts ...

Thoughts - ok I think you should worry about trying to get a Champions League and forget about winning the league. Thoughts, come back in May and spout off.

Thoughts, grow a pair.

So your happy with your midfield?

You Think Evans is up to it?

Happy with Evra as your Captain?

You think Fergie got the tactics right?

Edited by Devil

Thoughts ...

Thoughts, grow a pair.

We lost our first game of the year mate - f__ing heck, relax, #20 is just around the corner. lol

Choosing Evra as the Captian has clearly compounded the fact the guy has no Leadership.

Fergie yet again chooses wrong tactics and team selection for the big games and fails.

Thoughts ...

I actually agree with a bit of what you wrote..........accept ....the very first sentence,short memory perhaps? and then you go on to say "a few seasons" lol stupidity really.

Fergies last year bahwwraaaaaaaa hahahahaha and the Evra comment is obviously pre-emptied? whistling.gif

Thoughts ...

Thoughts, grow a pair.

I think you should look closer to home perhaps? but thanks for the concern biggrin.gif

I love this thread!

smile.gif

I would start a Liverpool in Decline Thread but we would have to go back to the time before George and his mates first had the urge to do ThaiVisa.

20 years of posts ---- imagine that lol

So the blowout happened against City. Big deal. It could have happened well before. Look at the Norwich game. It was only a matter of time.

If it is a decline I put it down to Alex bending over for Shreck. I think if he had stuck to his guns at that point', United would be stronger today.

As for Evra; he started at my local club OGCNice and jumped ship to Monaco, before joining United. On his return to Nice while playing for Monaco he gave the fans a mouthful (not appreciated and not justified). Last summer he was poison for the French team and he is not liked by many French professionals because of his shit attitude

Born in Senegal but opted to play for France through living in France, he is not liked in Africa either. He is not a captain and Alex got this one wrong.

Too much anger at man Utd lately but surprisingly Shreck kept well out of it on Sunday (me thinks because of the England red card)

The premier league needs a strong Man Utd team and I hope they come back because without them life would be dull

Macanello

[

Probably a lot happier than Liverpool who haven't won the league in 22 years :D