New Ford Focus

Lovely cars, i have a Focus. Crap servicing. I can only recommend you do not buy any new ford in thailand. When it goes wrong you will suffer. Even the simplest repair becomes a major ordeal. I'm sure many other Ford owners will tell you the same.

Nidge.

yepp I noticed Focus 2,0 sport 4 speed tiptronic at 849k baht. Attractive package and finance

Does anyone know when this body was introduced in UK, Europe and Thailand, and when new is expected?

When i was back in the UK last month, the new Focus was just arriving in the showrooms. It's a variation on a theme you might say. An improvement though.

Lovely cars, i have a Focus. Crap servicing. I can only recommend you do not buy any new ford in thailand. When it goes wrong you will suffer. Even the simplest repair becomes a major ordeal. I'm sure many other Ford owners will tell you the same.

Nidge.

Yes but maybe avoiding high water might make it a bit more easy to deal with..

Nidge.

I have friends both in Hua Hin and Phuket with Escapes, Rangers, Focus, Fiesta and Everest, and none have had an issue with Ford service/repair/parts.

I also have friends with Mazdas prefere to service them at Ford dealers, as they are the same cars anyway

Does anyone know when this body was introduced in UK, Europe and Thailand, and when new is expected?

The current shape available in TH was first introduced globally in 2004, and released in late 2005 in TH.

The most recent minor change for the current TH model was October 2010 (the 4th revision since it was originally released), and the all-new model is scheduled to launch in March 2012 (but as with other new Ford models this could be accelerated).

The new shape has now been on sale in America and EU since the start of this year, and releases into most other markets within the next 3 months.

Had a Ford Ranger for 5 years, no major problems and very easy and friendly service in Northern Thailand.

Good or bad service is Dealer dependent for every make of vehicle.

Servicing costs were very minimal compared to a Honda and an Isuzu I have had.

Only negative was the resale value due to popularity. But the second hand buyer got one heck of a great vehicle for the price.

The Focus is a popular high rated car around the world. It is a bit more expensive in Thailand with less amenaties than many other countries.

Edited by KimoMax

The Focus is a popular high rated car around the world. It is a bit more expensive in Thailand with less amenaties than many other countries.

More expensive compared to some other countries for sure - Thailand's tax system makes sure of that, but it's an absolute knock-out deal in it's class in TH...

Mazda3, Civic, Altis and Lancer can't get near the package/spec level for the money. Tiida might get close on paper, but it's one of those cars I like to pretend doesn't exist :)

Cruze is also an interesting option, but if it's within your scope of interest, it's worth waiting for the November 2011 minor change and the uprated 2.2L diesel - unless a killer deal emerges beforehand..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Nidge.

I have friends both in Hua Hin and Phuket with Escapes, Rangers, Focus, Fiesta and Everest, and none have had an issue with Ford service/repair/parts.

I also have friends with Mazdas prefere to service them at Ford dealers, as they are the same cars anyway

My neighbour used to take his Ranger into a Ford garage in Chai Nat province when the main Ford dealership in Phetchabun closed down, he worked out that was the nearest one too him!, when he looked under the bonnet and found out they were using Mazda parts he switched to the Mazda dealership in Phetch City. His only concern being the service book not getting stamped!, but he kept the truck for 9 years so no worries.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a closer look at 2,0 Sport yesterday. Looks great in red or white, drives well, asked for 10% down, 0% for 48 months and some freebies in addition to Insurance. We ll see.

10% down bit is though i take it for Thai nationals only.

Had a closer look at 2,0 Sport yesterday. Looks great in red or white, drives well, asked for 10% down, 0% for 48 months and some freebies in addition to Insurance. We ll see.

Tanachart has approved me for 10% down already, but its tough for Ford to do 0% interest on only 10% down. Their call, nice car, but it will be replaced by all new Focus soon, so thats my offer. BTW the new one does not look great, perhaps need time to get used to it.

Tanachart has approved me for 10% down already, but its tough for Ford to do 0% interest on only 10% down. Their call, nice car, but it will be replaced by all new Focus soon, so thats my offer. BTW the new one does not look great, perhaps need time to get used to it.

Actually although i appreciate what a great job the Focus does in almost all departments, i've never been bowled over by its looks. Kind of boring if i'm honest. Looking long in the tooth too these days. New one is much needed and i think does look sharper and a bit more interesting.

That sounds like a good deal, I thought they were only offering 0% on the 1.8, looks like I need to go back to them again. So you think 25% down and 0% over 48 months might be doable? I know the new model is out in US / EU but the 849k is attractive considering the overall package.

That sounds like a good deal, I thought they were only offering 0% on the 1.8, looks like I need to go back to them again. So you think 25% down and 0% over 48 months might be doable? I know the new model is out in US / EU but the 849k is attractive considering the overall package.

849k is very attractive for this package, and they sugar it more with free Insurance. 25% down and 1,99% in 48 months is their campaign. More is good bargaining

i wonder what financing has to do with the OP's question :huh: we have a Focus since one year (third car) which the Mrs uses exclusively for shopping. it was my selection at that time because of versatility, quality finish, handling, engine power and seating. can't say anything about repairs because mileage is less than 5,000 km.

i wonder what financing has to do with the OP's question :huh: we have a Focus since one year (third car) which the Mrs uses exclusively for shopping. it was my selection at that time because of versatility, quality finish, handling, engine power and seating. can't say anything about repairs because mileage is less than 5,000 km.

cost of finance is an essential part of calculating cost of ownership for most buyers

it would be silly to not finance a car at 0-2% when savings or ROI can be 3-30%

• 3 weeks later...

Question for you Kata. Is this 2.0 Sport you are thinking of buying likely to be the same car i drove in the UK a few months ago? My friend bought one of the outgoing shapes, and i think it was ex-demo. He paid about 18,000 pounds, saving 3 or 4k from the list price. Its performance was ferocious. Something akin, performance wise, to the Cosworth Fords of old, or the RS Turbos. I'd always assumed though that the Focus Sport and Fiesta Sport sold here in Thailand were simply given a bit of a sporty look, upgraded suspension etc, but weren't really out and out sports cars with sub 6 second zero to 60 figures to boast. Am i right?

Question for you Kata. Is this 2.0 Sport you are thinking of buying likely to be the same car i drove in the UK a few months ago? My friend bought one of the outgoing shapes, and i think it was ex-demo. He paid about 18,000 pounds, saving 3 or 4k from the list price. Its performance was ferocious. Something akin, performance wise, to the Cosworth Fords of old, or the RS Turbos. I'd always assumed though that the Focus Sport and Fiesta Sport sold here in Thailand were simply given a bit of a sporty look, upgraded suspension etc, but weren't really out and out sports cars with sub 6 second zero to 60 figures to boast. Am i right?

Yeah, the only sporty thing about it is the plastic styling

yamaha developed 4 pot Ford/Volvo 2,0 at 145hp is like 11-13 years old by now, and isnt much to brag about, neither is the tiptronic 4speed auto

still, better than an Altis 1,6, and same price :)

looks like our car needs are covered without Focus for the next few months, and then Ford Ranger 3,2 should be ready to go

My GF and I was just talking about how to get car (not pickup) and 2x Ninja650 to Hua Hin in a week or two, but thats another issue :)

Yeah, the only sporty thing about it is the plastic styling

yamaha developed 4 pot Ford/Volvo 2,0 at 145hp is like 11-13 years old by now, and isnt much to brag about, neither is the tiptronic 4speed auto

still, better than an Altis 1,6, and same price :)

Thanks for the answer. Shame. Actually i have just remembered that my mate's was badged ST, not Sport. Must have been in excess of 200bhp.

looks like our car needs are covered without Focus for the next few months, and then Ford Ranger 3,2 should be ready to go

My GF and I was just talking about how to get car (not pickup) and 2x Ninja650 to Hua Hin in a week or two, but thats another issue :)

What you mean you can't ride two bikes at the same time? You disappoint me...

I was browsing the other week and I saw this.

http://www.one2car.c...FOCUS/F21540344

If you're wanting more power this is the one to go for, 350BHP should suffice!ohmy.gif

Haven't seen the price, but I'm scared already ;)

Yes, it would be interesting to know.

Not too sure if they make 500 a year or 500 per market, either way they're rare.

(Edit it's 500 a year, just Googled it.)

Edited by stefan2519

If you're wanting more power this is the one to go for, 350BHP should suffice!ohmy.gif

Not too sure if they make 500 a year or 500 per market, either way they're rare.

Couldnt you basically just mod it yourself to be the same for less than 1mil?

Couldnt you basically just mod it yourself to be the same for less than 1mil?

No, it's a 2.5 turbocharged volvo lump in it, plus RS specific tuning. I think if I recall right, they used to costs more to make then what they sell for.

Edited by stefan2519

Ford have never realy made a "Bloody Hell, thats Nice" since the Capri.". the Fiesta Sport looks balanced,but the Arse Hi look on the Focus doesnt, my Wife said So...... Dont Argue. The Proton looks nicer to me.:whistling:

What about the 2005-06 Ford GT?

Photos could never do it justice - in the flesh it was a beauty!