Vehicle Insurance 'Classes'.

LivinLOS

Trying to understand the 'class' system here and how it works (who pays for what) in the event of an accident on both insured drivers fault and other drivers fault.

Please confirm or correct.

Class 1

• No matter what its covered, its down to the insurer to sort it out with any other insurance co should it arise.
  • Also covered is any damage at all even when not involving any one else or where the anyone else is gone or uninsured.
  • Theft, fire, act of god, the works. No matter what your getting the agreed value.

Class 2 (third party, fire and theft, in western terms?)

• Insured driver at fault, the other party is covered 100%, the insured party vehicle tho ??
  • Other driver fault, you have to claim from the other party, does the insurance co help / process.
  • No other driver, uninsured drivers, people leave the scene, or random damage. Not insured at all.
  • If stolen, or it burns, insured 100%

Class 2 + 1 (as above plus some payment on own caused damage, not clear)

Class 3 (third party only)

• Insured driver at fault, the other party is covered 100%, the insured party vehicle not.
  • Other driver fault, you have to claim from the other party, does the insurance co help / process.
  • No other driver, uninsured drivers, people leave the scene, or random damage. Not insured at all.
  • Stolen, fire, anything else, etc nothing also.

Class 3 + 1 (again not sure what the + 1 gives)

Thats what I think I have understood also. Both 2 and 3 have 'other party insured 100% if insured driver at fault'..

Main areas where I am unsure are the +1 classes ?? The question of does the insurance co go to bat for you if another driver is at fault (do the claims processing) with 2 and 3 ?? And if and how any bail bond stuff is handled.