Looking For A Podotherapist

borowolf

Since a couple of years one of my tain nails grows into my flesh. To prevent pain it is regularly maintained by a podotherapist.

Untill now I did this in Europe. But since I am living in Thailand now, I am looking for some help here.

Does anyone know of a podotherapist in Chiang Mai?

If not, could you recommend a good alternative?

These guys have a clinic in chiang mai.

I wasn't treated there but they are very nice fellows :-)

http://mft-thailand.com/

I would avoid that place like the plague. One of those jokers is passing himself off as a doctor when he is not a doctor. He also posed as a customer advertising himself on TV and was caught lying.

Edited by elektrified

I went to Sriphat for ingrown toenail...they sat me down, sprayed with anesthetic, cut out the offending part, bandaged, gave me some antibiotic cream, instructions for care... went home 20 minutes later...

cost about 1300 baht, including cream and bandages for home.

No direct experience but somebody I know went there and paid a lot(~2500B) for a consultation and treatment.

Also heard that they prescribe some medicine and injection.

Excuse my ignorance but normally podologist can prescribe medication?

No direct experience but somebody I know went there and paid a lot(~2500B) for a consultation and treatment.

Also heard that they prescribe some medicine and injection.

Excuse my ignorance but normally podologist can prescribe medication?

No not at all. I don't see how they are operating legally in Thailand.

What I saw as a major red flag is that these guys were offering treatment to diabetics. A diabetic should always be treated by an M.D. or a D.P.M. If the slightest mistake is made or condition overlooked as a result of incompetence or inexperience, it could result in the amputation of the foot, ankle, or leg of the diabetic patient.

I went to Sriphat for ingrown toenail...they sat me down, sprayed with anesthetic, cut out the offending part, bandaged, gave me some antibiotic cream, instructions for care... went home 20 minutes later...

cost about 1300 baht, including cream and bandages for home.

Considiring the responses I will avoid mft. Sriphat is an alternative.

But, zippydedodah, are you now going there regularly to keep the nail from growing in again or let you do that maintenance by someone else?

been back to Sriphat once in the last year... toe is fine now... was just a short term thing, i guess.

As for MFT... heard a wide range of things about them... i called their offices a few times to talk about foot care and try and figure out costs and the best i can figure out is that they are expensive... that is about all they will say... well, won't say expensive over the phone, but they say treatments can cost 3-5000 baht each time, depending on condition of feet and necessary treatments...

OUCH... that makes my foot and my wallet hurt.

been back to Sriphat once in the last year... toe is fine now... was just a short term thing, i guess.

As for MFT... heard a wide range of things about them... i called their offices a few times to talk about foot care and try and figure out costs and the best i can figure out is that they are expensive... that is about all they will say... well, won't say expensive over the phone, but they say treatments can cost 3-5000 baht each time, depending on condition of feet and necessary treatments...

OUCH... that makes my foot and my wallet hurt.

Yes, in the Netherlands I pay about 800 baht per treatmant. So, feet are to expensive to have here. :-)