Brit And Thai Wife Steal Property From Their 'Friend'

KJH

Apologies if anyone's posted this before, but I was reading this article (about psychopaths) in the guardian earlier,

http://www.guardian....art-of-comments

and noticed the comment from carriemaizey (copied and pasted below...)

'' This article couldn't be more timely for me.I am in engaged in a criminal dispute who's profile would score positive of each and every point on the Hare checklist, particularly pertaining to pathological lying/grandiosity and worst, plausibility.

He's a man in his 60's and told me on my first, and unfortunate, meeting with him, he'd feigned insanity to get a discharge from the Royal Airforce in the UK in his youth, so the correlation between Tony's story and his struck home.

He isn't physically violent but leaves a trail of destruction in his wake with his various schemes/scams. He and his wife had transferred my property into their names just five days after my being admitted to the ICU of a local hospital, and this just one week after my husband had died, with the aid of a bent lawyer forging a power of attorney (easily done here in Thailand).

After my idiotic first lawyer had filed a Civil suit, and their eight no-show's, the Court Judge suggested 'I give' them the Civil case and instigate the overlooked by their dimwitted lawyer, Case for Theft.

They showed up at the police station in the jurisdiction of the offence/s, my lawyer, thinking they wouldn't, didn't. Am now having to wait the decision of the Court Prosecutor to go ahead with Court proceedings, after the smarmy psycho and his equally addled wife had lied and lied to an easily duped police captain.

We'd 'known' this man and then his bargirl 'wife' over a period of ten years. No remorse was shown and this man flatly denied everything, even when his obnoxious threatening emails had been shoved in his face.

These people can never be reformed, ever.

PS NEVER EVER invest in Thailand. ''

Maybe its an old story and has appeared somewhere on here before, but I couldn't help thinking that it's yet another example of a foreigner being cheated in the LOS (except in this case it sounds like the Thai woman's ex-pat husband was more that willing to help with the cheating...)

Also, just out of interest (since I haven't been in Thailand in months...) was there ever anything about this case in the Thai press?

I feel really sorry for this woman. Losing her husband must have been upsetting enough... but, then having to deal with these people and the Thai legal system too...