Cancellation Late At Night ?

bod

If my domestic plane to Suvarnabhumi airport does not arrive on time because of bad weather, can airline companies, for instance China Airlines, be contacted late at night just a few hours before departure (let's say after 10 pm) to cancel my international flight ?

Edited by bod

Most (all?) airlines have a 24 hour ticketing desk somewhere.

That said the Bangkok number may not be 24 hour and you'll need to contact an international number, check their website for the necessary details.

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on your ticket type, if you bought the cheapest possible ticket its often not possible to get a refund or rebook it. Some airlines will rebook the ticket but for a hefty fee you should check the airline website because the rules are different from airline to airline.

Like spacemand said, depends on your ticket type. Travelling full flex/business you can usually change it any way you like, super saver economy web special fare etc your money is lost. However, usually your travel insurance will cover any loss to catch up to your itinerary (assuming you have one, that it covers delays and you have allotted enough time between flights, check your policy)

That being said -- I have heard of people being moved to a later flight without any extra charge.. Anyone know if that is normal policy for some airlines?

Edited by remiss